All member reviews for The Waltons

Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byF-250 April 9, 2008

Well worth watching!

With all the questionable programs out there today, I feel very comfortable letting my children watch The Waltons. Just about every episode has an important lesson on family values and social responsibility.
Parent of a 6 and 11 year old Written byMama Olga May 1, 2011

some adult topics be careful...

I was looking for a wholesome show to watch with my 1st & 5th graders and a few of the episodes were great. But tonight we saw the one where John-boy got engaged to Daisy and at the end of it both my kids had questions I hadn't wanted to get into yet. Like how and why women can have kids without a husband and why Grandpa was putting alcohol in the lemonade...
Parent of a 17 year old Written byNewWorldTy1 February 1, 2010

This is the type of shows we need today!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymckenzietheawesome January 12, 2014

My Favorite Show

It is overall a good show for families to sit around and bond. Yes there is some alcohol in the series,but nothing to severe. Some story lines can be a bit mature for certain ages. There is violence like fist fights and some war scenes. It does hold an educational value teaching about the Great Depression and World War Two. There is rarely any language but when there is it is the h or d word. There has been 3 episodes I know of where a character experiments with smoking but quits. There have been episodes where there is childbirth ,but it is not bad. There is always a good positive message in every episode. Overall a great family show.
Parent Written byJohn Boy March 29, 2013

I love this show

This show depicts a time when everyday Americans were often truly like this. It doesn't play into some cliche hillbilly myth, but shows people living a much freer, and in many ways happier existence. Yet Neo Con white America (the audience that I would imagine to watch something like this today) will likely be uncomfortable with the Walton's closeness to nature, their laid back approach to life, their GENUINE dedication to family and community, and people who swim, not in pools mind you, but in the creek! Just weird!
Kid, 12 years old November 6, 2012

Good Wholesome Family Entertainment

This is as close as it gets to the best show ever. There are positive messages in every episode. There is some violence like guns and fist-fights, but they aren't at all bloody. There are some scences with beer and ciagarettes too.
Kid, 10 years old April 15, 2012

Innocent

It's such a great show that shows what happened to a large family in the 30's. It's to good to miss. It's just so innocent, and you can spend hours watching it.