All member reviews for The West Wing

Intelligent political drama for mature viewers.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAragorn King of... September 7, 2009

Very mature drama.

Love this show
Teen, 15 years old Written byski123 April 9, 2008

One of the few good TV shows

Adult Written bymoviemadness December 29, 2009

Superb Political Drama

The West Wing is one of the few television series today that are truly excellent, intellectual, and thought-provoking. The series follows the major players on the West Wing (the wing of the White House that houses the presidential offices and staffers). By observing this fictional administration, viewers gain a great understanding of the United States government and its inner workings. There are also lots of great plot points, laughs, and excellently developed and acted characters. Truly stunning. On the content side, there is very little iffy stuff. Violence/scariness can be an issue with wars, death, tense situations, and even a stalker... Mild language is sometimes heard in tense situations (d**n, h**l) and there are a couple of mild sexual situations. In the end, however, it is a face paced and intelligent show that will be lost on anyone too young to appreciate every word.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycharlie519 April 9, 2008

Written byAnonymous March 26, 2014

Innacurate Age Rating

Um. Ok then. I was in third grade when I started watching this TV show. At first, I had no freakin' idea what was going on, but by watching and listening, I eventually figured it out. (My grades, by the way, have much improved since.) It really depends, for the age rating, on how observant, or, well smart the kid is. I understood it when I was eight, I'm sure there are LOTS of other kids out there who did too.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrrateddrama September 13, 2012

The West Wing (1999-2007) (7 seasons)

Amazing show. Sex: the episodes occasionally talk about condoms and high school sex, as a political issue. sub-plots include humorous, but destroying the characters moral (temporarily) relationship with a "$3,000 a night call girl". light, brief adult humor throughout D.D.S.: a woman smokes pot in the pilot. social drinking, reference to "Bringing out the victory kegs of rum!" Violence: proportional responses to acts of terrorism, war discussed.
Kid, 6 years old May 18, 2012

Amazing show, outstanding acting, memorable and great writing, and overall a great show

A great show. Some content is mature, so know your kid (or yourself). Fast paced, with seven seasons, and great writing. Absolutely outstanding acting, and fabulous writing. Some positive messages; never give up, don't back down when things get hard. Almost all the main characters are positive role models, but bad things happen to everyone and mistakes and misunderstands are numerous. Violence occurs in it, and it can get pretty scary, there's a shooting somewhere around the second, third or fourth season, but it all ends up okay.
Adult Written bymichael12345678 May 10, 2012

Perfect for renewing hope in the human spirit

This is a show of idealists trying to make the world better through governmental policy, but presents sticky moral situations that don't always turn out "happily ever after." Perfect for a smart kid. Some make take issue with some policy, but I can't imagine anyone objecting to the sentiment.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGrace1111 April 24, 2011

The West Wing is probably my favorite tv show, and I wish it hadn't been cancelled. That being said I do understand that there might be a lot of people who don't really like this show becuase of its strong liberal bias.
Adult Written bycautiousdad September 13, 2010

Liberal laughable stereotypes of Christian conservatives

I don't get the official review. Within 5 minutes of the opening credits of the pilot episode the Rob Lowe character is shown having spent the night with a woman who later turns out to be a prostitute. And she's smoking a joint. Hollywood at it's best here. While the acting is good, the political bent is worn on the sleeve as smart, compassionate liberal administration officials make Christian conservatives look like mean-spirited manipulative kooks. The stereotypes are laughable.

Smart show for very smart kids/teens/adults.

Smart, funny political drama. The dialouge sort of outpaces the audience, but you can still cath on to the general story. Amazing, best drama ever! Too bad it's ending... :(
Parent of a 12 year old Written byTsion April 9, 2008

Brilliant Series with Role Models

The West Wing is my favorite TV show ever. It has smart characters and a great plot. The series, six seasons long, tells the story of the two terms of US President Jed Bartlett and his staff. The cast is excellent, especially the late John Spencer as the chief of staff, Leo McGary. The characters are great role models. They care about each other and their country, and when they mess up, they apologize. The content is iffy. Language is mild but frequent: d**n to s**t. No sex is shown, but references are made to one character's private relationship and some one-liners are made: "I'm good in bed" is one. Violence, too, is not shown, but there are talks of shootings and terrorist attacks. All in all, The West Wing is an excellent, patriotic TV show for all. Each show ends with a comforting message, and the episodes never cease to leave me inspired. Highly reccomended!

Engrossing Political Drama for Ages 12 and up!

I want to start by saying that The West Wing is one of a tie for my favorite TV show (the other is Planet Earth). Kids may not be able to understand the complicated plots, but I strongly disagree with Common Sense rating it ages 15 and up. There is no sexual content really, but some talk of hookers and affairs. At the end of season one, there is an assasination attempt on the President's life, but only he and one other are shot and they are both fine. They say some language, but not horrible. The West Wing has smart characters who flub up but apologize and get better. They all have good values and can serve as excellent role models. The President cares about his country greatly, and devotes his life to it. Also, every episode has some sort of inspirational puch, and it never fails to leave me moved. All in all, the West Wing is an excellent drama with some blemishes and a complicated plot, but nothing bad for anyone over 12. Your whole family will enjoy it!
Teen, 13 years old Written bynchris April 9, 2008

I can not live w/o West Wing

Thank the Lord for this show! Anyone who likes civics will like this show.