All member reviews for The West Wing

Teen, 13 years old Written byAragorn King of... September 7, 2009

Very mature drama.

Love this show
Teen, 15 years old Written byski123 April 9, 2008

One of the few good TV shows

Teen, 15 years old Written bycharlie519 April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byrrateddrama September 13, 2012

The West Wing (1999-2007) (7 seasons)

Amazing show. Sex: the episodes occasionally talk about condoms and high school sex, as a political issue. sub-plots include humorous, but destroying the characters moral (temporarily) relationship with a "$3,000 a night call girl". light, brief adult humor throughout D.D.S.: a woman smokes pot in the pilot. social drinking, reference to "Bringing out the victory kegs of rum!" Violence: proportional responses to acts of terrorism, war discussed.
Kid, 6 years old May 18, 2012

Amazing show, outstanding acting, memorable and great writing, and overall a great show

A great show. Some content is mature, so know your kid (or yourself). Fast paced, with seven seasons, and great writing. Absolutely outstanding acting, and fabulous writing. Some positive messages; never give up, don't back down when things get hard. Almost all the main characters are positive role models, but bad things happen to everyone and mistakes and misunderstands are numerous. Violence occurs in it, and it can get pretty scary, there's a shooting somewhere around the second, third or fourth season, but it all ends up okay.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGrace1111 April 24, 2011

The West Wing is probably my favorite tv show, and I wish it hadn't been cancelled. That being said I do understand that there might be a lot of people who don't really like this show becuase of its strong liberal bias.

Smart show for very smart kids/teens/adults.

Smart, funny political drama. The dialouge sort of outpaces the audience, but you can still cath on to the general story. Amazing, best drama ever! Too bad it's ending... :(

Engrossing Political Drama for Ages 12 and up!

I want to start by saying that The West Wing is one of a tie for my favorite TV show (the other is Planet Earth). Kids may not be able to understand the complicated plots, but I strongly disagree with Common Sense rating it ages 15 and up. There is no sexual content really, but some talk of hookers and affairs. At the end of season one, there is an assasination attempt on the President's life, but only he and one other are shot and they are both fine. They say some language, but not horrible. The West Wing has smart characters who flub up but apologize and get better. They all have good values and can serve as excellent role models. The President cares about his country greatly, and devotes his life to it. Also, every episode has some sort of inspirational puch, and it never fails to leave me moved. All in all, the West Wing is an excellent drama with some blemishes and a complicated plot, but nothing bad for anyone over 12. Your whole family will enjoy it!
Teen, 13 years old Written bynchris April 9, 2008

I can not live w/o West Wing

Thank the Lord for this show! Anyone who likes civics will like this show.