All member reviews for The Wild Thornberrys

Globe-trotters explore strange new worlds.

Adult Written byMichelle-the-Mom March 26, 2011

Older sister ruins it.

My 3 1/2 year old watched this for about five minutes before it was banned from our household. The older sister is awful. Young kids will not see the loving resolution at the end; they'll only remember the horrible way she talks to her family. No thanks.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypeapod1 April 9, 2008

one of the best shows

I love this show. Not one bad thing about it.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCarlTheCritic June 12, 2013

Perfect Nicktoon.

The Wild Thornberrys was just plain awesome. Nice plot, cool music, and just everything was awesome. Also, Nigel was really funny.
Adult Written byChuck Reid March 15, 2012

Very good.

This cartoon is funny and edacational at the same time LOL! The opening theme is pretty good too.
Adult Written byJon Lovitz May 26, 2009

I hate this show!

I can't stand this show. The characters are ugly and annoying. Unfortunatley, my youngest daughter was obsessed with this cartoon when she was 8-11.
Educator and Parent of a 9 and 14 year old Written bylioness57 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byjumpinbini April 9, 2008
This is a pretty entertaining show, you get to go around the world with the Thornberry's and it covers issues of thinking and exploring for yourself, helping and understanding humans and animals. Overall, good messages come from this show.
Adult Written byMom2c_ang April 9, 2008
Teen, 16 years old Written byvulpixmagmar April 9, 2008
Kid, 10 years old February 21, 2016

INAPPROPRIATE CLOTHING!!!

The teenage girl is often seen wearing inappropriate clothing such as half shirts and on top of that they add boobs on to the character to add a "sexy" appearance.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMissconcerned January 31, 2016

Wildness

I used to hate it but now I love it. It's an amazing show, but Debbie kinda ruins the show other than that it's perfect.
Kid, 10 years old March 11, 2012

BEST SHOW EVER

this show is really good it teaches kids about animals and the main character is a good role model i love the show i wish it was on nick here in the us
Teen, 16 years old Written byibarncat November 27, 2011

You overrated it, but yes, it is a 90s classic. I kept this title because CSM's is too short to parody.

I don't understand how you gave this 5 stars but you only give As Told By Ginger and Rocko's Modern Life 4 stars when those two shows have stronger positive messages and have a good sense of satire and get you quickly interested in the storyline all at the same time. This show does have good storytelling abilities (after all, it was the first of sadly only 8 Nicktoons on regular Nick to have one full 24-minute storyline per episode) and it does have some funny moments (especially with Debbie), but in most episodes one component or the other fails a bit and has to made up by the other. This is noticeable to me, but it does not take away from the show's overall entertaining effect. It's still a good show, but it's not one of Nick's best. So I would recommend you switching the star ratings of this and As Told By Ginger. Also, the show does have a good deal of peril, and there was one episode where was blood was visible on a wolf's face because it apparently had killed a sheep, so this show may scare a 5 or 6 year old. But when I was of that age, I don't think this was one of those shows that scared me regularly. But I do see such a potential.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHiddenWolf April 27, 2011

Great show

I loved this show as a child and I still love it as a teenager and probably will into adulthood <3 It reminds me of the good ol' days when they had decent if not wholesome shows on Nickelodeon that taught good morals but were still entertaining in the least. I'd recommend this for any age of all kind. Though the characters can be off, as can the actual culture. It is usually well informed on the culture but they aren't always spot on. This is me just being nit picky, don't mind it. :P
Teen, 14 years old Written byBlueSunday November 13, 2010

Wild and Fun

I remember hating it when I was little, but now I love it. It's an excellent way to learn about animals, and its cool how Eliza can speak to animals. Although, Eliza can be very nieve when it comes to animals, she isn't as safe as she should be, and she often becomes in danger. Debbie (the teenage sister) can be rather depressing at times because of her dull attitude, but she can be very caring towrds her family. The parents (mostly the dad) can be a little ... tonto, but they're very sweet and loving, the mother is the most responcible. Donny is the wild boy they found (he drives Debbie nuts) he often causes trouble. Darwin is a chimpanzee who is very cafefull and nervious, and is usually dragged along with Eliza on her adventures. The characters look a little.. strange, but interesting, Eliza isn't one of those 'gorgious' girls, which I actually admire, about time they show you don't have to look model perfect! I'd recomend it, the family travels all around the world, and teaches not only about the animals, but the cultures of the native people.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySilverSnake July 11, 2010

One of the best shows!

I use to love this show! I liked the theme music, the meaning, and its plot. It was one of the best shows on Nick. It just teaches about animals in a cool way.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynoyesfan343 June 8, 2010
This was my FAVORITE show when i was yonger!! great messages!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBeliefs-Wonder May 6, 2010

Bring at least 100 good shows back, the new ones ain't so good

I love this show, I cannot remember much of it though, but I love it and I want it back on.
Kid, 9 years old November 8, 2009

perfect for kids

i think this is a really good show. you go all around the world to different places and learn about things there.
Adult Written bymessuup2008 August 26, 2009

put it back on tv already

i love this show because it has an imagnation and teaches you about diffrent areas in the world and diffrent animals i wish it was on tv agien oh do i miss that show