All member reviews for The Wonder Years

Nostalgic coming-of-age sitcom still charms.

Teen, 13 years old Written byfashionguru12 January 20, 2013

Ok for mature children

The wonder years is a good show but later on when the main character gets older, there is some older content that is okay for a sturdy 13 yr old. In the begining of the show there was some talk about these two boys getting a book about sex and intercourse and how it works. There is also some mild fighting between the two brothers calling each other constantly butt head many times. But other than that it' s a good show and there are some positive messages and the female character is a good role model for teen girls by being respectful, soft spoken and later on when she turns 16 being a virgin which is also good. The wonder years is an awesome show for mature 13 year olds that wont laugh at some content in between the show that is inappropriate.
Teen, 16 years old Written byWebCriticGirl76 January 5, 2011

Successful, Wonderful, All-Age Material

I love the Wonder Years, I watch it every day. But Kevin's dad Jack uses d***, he**, and d*** it a lot. It is sweet and teaches you many valuable lessons, and sometimes makes you cry. In one episode during Jack's Christmas party, he only served alcohol and wine. At the end, they caught an old friend smoking Marijuana in the basement in secret. It is a favorite of mine. Sometimes Wayne talks about sex, and Hobson talks about "men look at women", how his dad looks at dirty magazines. Wayne is a bad role model, and Jack is too, but Kevin, Winnie, Paul, Norma and Karen are good.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKmfan97 May 30, 2015

This show is fantastic but not for young audiences.

I started watching this show last year and it is currently one of my favorite tv shows. The show is about a kid named Kevin Arnold growing up between the years 1968 and 1973 and from age 12 to 17. He also learns about a few lessons in life throughout the show as well as the importance of family. I'm currently on season 3 and the show has 6 seasons total. However I only watch the show occasionally due to me currently watching another show on Netflix that I think is better than this but when I do watch it I really enjoy it. As far as I know there is really no references to drinking in this show but there is a brief amount of swearing and it's fairly heavy on sexual innuendo. Da** and he** are the only cuss words used on this show and it's fairly heavy on sexual innuendo like I said. Examples of sexual references include a episode where Kevin's big brother Wayne who bullies him a lot tells him and his best friend Paul that they won't become men until they lose their virginity, the second episode of the show where the boys get all excited when their pe coach says that he's going to draw female organs, and in a later episode Kevin stares at the girl he has a crush on named Winnie as she spreads her leg on a school picnic table. I do think that 12+ can watch this show as long as there educated really well on sex, if not 13+
Kid, 12 years old December 31, 2013

super WONDERFUL

The Wonder Years is a fantastic old show! Every episode has a moral although some episodes feature beer and kissing-ex.Kevin goes to a make-out party baring beer! But,this show is a great show and will delight ANY mature child!
Teen, 15 years old Written bydancingteen August 16, 2012

Good, but pause

This is a good show, but too inappropriate for 11 and under.
Kid, 12 years old June 30, 2011

The Wonder Years Is A Wonderous Time!

I'm 12 years old much like the central character, Kevin Arnold. I understand and can relate to his life. The show is filled with messages such as; stay true to your friends, respect your family, and try your best in school. If you're from the ages of 12-15, I recommend The Wonder Years for you.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2011

Good show.

OK my sister loves this show. It does have mild mild sex and drinking and language("d-mn", "h--l"). "Kevin" had sex with a girl later on. And "Wayne" cusses and drinks.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycooldude1234 November 28, 2010

great but for teens

The wonder years is a great show but it is mainly about going steady and teen crushes so I think it is better for 13 and up for language and the topics and that it follows a teenagers life
Teen, 16 years old Written bygilmored6 May 28, 2009

So good, classic!

It is defintiely okay for kids 8 and older. they themselves are like ten when the show starts. This show is so good and to this day i am still mad that winny and kevin don't end up together. what's up with that? Overall a good wholesome classic

I love it!

I am only 12 but i have been introduced to many movies. tv shows and books of the 80's 70's 60's 50's 40's and I was introduced to the Wonder years when i was about 4 and I watch it when it plays on ion at 10:00 on weeknights I love that show fred savage is cute I love the show it is my favorite!
Teen, 13 years old Written bykataraiscool123 April 9, 2008

Total and Complete Awesomeness

Although it's one of those "old fashioned" just-when-good-TV-was-getting-started type shows, this show is completely and absolutely amazing! The characters are gripping and real, as well as the many humorous revelations of the main character. The Wonder Years follows the life of 13 year old Kevin Arnold as he fights with his older brother, Wayne, the ups and downs of his first love, and growing up as a teenager in the 60's and 70's. Although Kevin's sometimes silly revelations can get annoying, this show still manages to move anyone who watches it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMaya16 July 26, 2015

This is an okay tv show

I have seen some episodes of this tv show it is not favorite but is not the worst tv show. I think that is better than the Goldberg's. This show more depressing than most sitcoms.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDisneymovielover77 February 16, 2015

80's sitcom has laughs

The Wonder Years is an enjoyable show that was around in the 80s. The show is about Kevin Arnold and how he deals with Junior High and High School and even after it. I can relate to this show and it was so funny!!! There are some drugs later on and other things about in the later years in High School, this is similar to Boy Meets World a little bit. It is coming of age show and it's a fun show to watch, I think that it gives pre-teens great discussions with their parents and brings great oppurtunities to discuss. It follows Kevin through the upside downs of Junior High and High School. I can relate to it in the Junior High episodes. It is a funny and enjoyable show if you like Boy Meets World then this one is highly recommended plus it gives great messages such as being true to yourself around your family and friends and what makes a good friend. My little brother and I like to watch this mainly because it's so funny!!! It's on Netflix and if you have kids in Junior High then this is one for them to watch. This one is WAY better than Dance Moms and more appropriate too. There are a few cuss words, and other things later on in the show though but other than that this is a feel good show that will make you laugh when you need one.
Educator and Parent Written bySkier1225 December 3, 2014

Not for young kids.

I'm surprised that this show would be rated as acceptable for kids under 14 with the amount of young adult and drug use content. There are far better shows for young families including The Dick Van Dyke Show and The Andy Griffith Show.
Written byAnonymous November 28, 2013

Iffy 14+ Show.

Not a good Message when you hear they are not married & they are having sex. This is an iffy 14 year old Program. You have see what's wrong with this picture. Is this a good idea that they are having sex before they are married. In Fact: It's not OK to have it. Does it has to do in the Violence too. Yes sex when you are not married is called Adultery too. This is one of 7 Deadly sins.
Teen, 15 years old Written bypsychpsychpsych August 3, 2012

Best Show!

It's a great tv show, every show has a moral or lesson learned but isn't a goody-goody show. It has moments with humor and sadness, it is the BEST compared to trash today. I love it!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byCritiNumba1 February 11, 2011

O.K.

I like The Wonder Years. It is a good show. It has some sexual references, and a lot of perversion. Some illegal drinking, one man is smoking Marijuana in an episode. And they use the d word h word and a word. Wayne is a terrible and stupid brother who constantly tortures Kevin, and beats him in many ways. And Kevin's relationship with his dad sends out a rather sad message. I think this show is pretty cool though.