All member reviews for The X Factor

Simon Cowell's Idol follow-up lags behind original.

Parent Written bydr peper guy September 22, 2011

it was fine until

well thank god we watched as a family last night when because not only was there some great talent which i wouldent have cared if my kids saw alone that or not but they also would have saw a man who can not sing worth a lick and proceds to unfasen yes unfasen his pants and pull his underwear down for all to see so this i guess is going to be more for older kids cause me and my kids loved it just took us by ssuprise and is not so mutch for the younger crowd so parents please use cauation when viewing with your younger children but if you want a better choice wait for the voice or americas got talent to return agin
Teen, 14 years old Written bySamira.A October 29, 2013

I can't get enough of it!

Tbh I think X Factor is such an amazing show. It has amazing judges, perfect talent, and basically shows others that you too can go onto that stage and follow your dreams like those singers/groups on stage. It's a perfect show for anyone, especially if you're looking for a new music artist/group to listen to. I watch YouTube videos and count down the minutes to when it finally comes on my TV. Best show I've ever watched!
Adult Written byclarence August 5, 2015
Adult Written byLowe's man February 22, 2014

Not quite as good as AMERICAN IDOL, but good that Simon Cowell was somewhere.

Although it's a shame that Simon Cowell left AMERICAN IDOL- and a loss for the show that he did- I'm glad that he started a new show. He's an excellent entreupeneur. He managed to keep the flavor of AMERICAN IDOL, with the only difference is that THE X FACTOR is for a slightly older audience. If there's one drawback to this show, it's that assigning everyone to a team makes it harder for the judges to be neutral, since they want to support those who are on their team. With that having been said, Simon Cowell is still a much-needed voice, for he tells the contestants what they need to hear, not what they want to hear. This forces them to rise up to the challenge. As for the other judges, they're good too. They too realize when people need to hear criticism. The best feedback comes when the judges critique someone who's not on their team, as then they're freer to give an honest review. They know when a contestant can do better. This forces him or her to rise to the challenge. It's a loss for Fox and the nation that this show got cancelled.
Kid, 12 years old November 15, 2013

the truth in Xfactor

ok I'm sorry for being rode but there isn't ANY sex OR sex related things some of the judges outfits are iffy but come on people a 5 year old could watch it! Parents please be reasonable!!!!!!!!!!
Written byAnonymous March 16, 2013

Not for kids to watch and to be on this show. 18 USC 2257A.

Why do they being 12 Year Old While there's sex in it. I thing it should be 18+ on it. Not 12+ and sex is being used in this show. The X Factor is more like the Sex Factor. People use sex songs and dress up inappropriately in this show. ...and I don't think 12- 17 Year Old Shouldn't be on this show.
Adult Written byJEDI micah May 29, 2012

Simon Cowell should just give up!

This show should be sued because it is almost an exact replica of American Idol! Also, it is kinda boring to watch and Simon Cowell and Paula Abdul are so irritating! I hope the show will be cancelled!
Kid, 12 years old March 21, 2012

Like American Idol

good show like Idol
Kid, 10 years old January 10, 2012
Teen, 13 years old Written byluvpink December 26, 2011

Overall Good

Way better than American Idol where they say everyone is wonderful. Nicole goes on my nerves a bit. Overall good show.
Kid, 11 years old November 15, 2011

Better than American Idol!

This show is amazing! It is better than American Idol! During auditions you would have to be careful when younger kids watch it. But otherwise its great for younger kids!
Kid, 10 years old November 12, 2011

BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!!!!!

This the best TV show ever now that Piers Morgan quit Americas Got Talent. It's only flaws are that there are cuss words but most are bleeped except for h-ll, blo-dy, and crap, but I still am a loyal viewer. Oh and by the way I am team SIMON!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byredskull322 September 27, 2011

Completely Scripted and a Waste of Time

This, quite frankly, is a very poor imitation of American Idol. People seem to liken this show to American Idol, but in reality, this is a completely scripted show with poor judging and a formulaic format. Every bit of this show is rehearsed...the script is completely written and I'm almost inclined to believe that the contestant is in on the script. If you're expecting a show like American Idol, don't bother viewing this. As for the actual appropriateness, this show is not any worse than any other competitive show (mild language with censoring, some sexually provocative clothing choices and dances)
Kid, 12 years old September 23, 2011

Awesome Show, But A Lot Like American Idol

This show is very good, but really similar to American Idol. Even though it's rated TV-14, I see no need for it to be. On one episode one guy pulled down his pants (and underwear) for the whole song pretty much, but it was blocked out by a giant red/black X Factor logo. Of course some of the contestants sware when they don't make it, but most words are bleeped and mouths are covered with the The X Factor logo. Most of the contestants (mostly the ones who make it) are good role models. One of them has been living in his car, but never gave up his dream for singing. For another one, this is her last hope-she has kids and no money. I also think that the show is a good message to follow your dreams.