Brilliant sci-fi drama for brave teens and up.

Adult Written byprincesskitten June 28, 2009

Delightfully scary

While I love the X-Files, I think it may be a little too scary for kids. I recommend it for ages 13+.
Adult Written byChris LP April 9, 2008

A classic scary show

This program is a great show. The only 3 issues that overprotecting parents may have is the mild, but strong, sexual content that is most commonly more disturbing than sexual. Weird fetishes such as inbreeding and in one episode there was a situation where somebody would have sex with another person, then steal that person's gender to become somebody else of the opposite sex. Then the violence is pretty strong too. Then there is the scare factor which is more creepy and chilling than scary.
Kid, 12 years old June 28, 2015

Fantastic!!! At some points very cheesy, gruesome, and violent. Although it doesn't show very much, this is my personal favorite and I would recommend this to teens, but be careful and know your child, and make sure that he/she isn't scared very easily.

Adult Written byBryce 1 June 16, 2015

Great, intriguing and scary

I think that the x files are a very intriguing show that is scary at times but has a great storyline but at times it scared me to death ps the episode home in season 4 is rated TVMA i highly suggest you don't watch the episode
Kid, 12 years old November 27, 2012

X-files

great show.
Adult Written byCalvin Bauer October 15, 2011

Amazing.

A very well written and produced T.V. show. In my top three shows ( at least). Can be intense though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byxffanatic04 April 9, 2008

BEST SHOW EVER

the xf in my screename stands for the x-files. I think its an awesome show. I got an autographed pic Gillian Anderson. (and no thats y I like the show)
Kid, 9 years old July 21, 2016

Too violent

Here are some sexual episodes to skip. Home (very disturbing), Gender Bender, 3, Avatar, Never Again and Milagro. Here are other episodes to skip. Beyond the Sea, Aubrey, Die Hand Die Verletzt, The Calusari, The List, Oubliette, Chinga, Patient X, Trevor, Signs and Wonders, Without and Hellbound. As far as swearing goes, I've heard s--t, whore, implied f--k and goddamn.
Teen, 14 years old Written bynetflix_addict June 27, 2016

Great show for both adults and mature children

My little sister, who's 11, and I have been obsessed with this show for the past 3 months. We're currently almost done with season 3. This is definitely a show you need to watch in order, from beginning to end. In all of the episodes we've seen together, probably about 65 thus far, I only needed to fast forward a "sex" scene once, which apparently according to the character after the fact nothing even happened. My sister is a mature 11 year old who handles the scenes very well (some of which can get mildly violent), as well as the mild language that presents itself every few episodes. I would definitely recommend this show to anyone who's looking to bond with a sibling or child, as we find ourselves bonding over the show often.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDerek101 May 4, 2016

Best Representation of 90's Television

The X Files is a sci-fi drama that follows the lives of FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Danna Sculley who investigate strange phenomonans happening in the United States. The series has amazing plots and ideas about extraterrestrial life and the government trying to hide them. While this show has some great moments, it can become violent and scary at times. Some mild sexual references can sometimes take place, but they are very minor. Suprisingly language is kept to a minumn, but it can come up every once and a while. Characters are sometimes shown drinking, but normally not in a drunken manor. One of the main antagonists of the series is always shown smoking. I suggest to watch some episodes together as a family as they can get pretty intense. Squeeze, Space, and Gender Bender are season 1 episodes that can get pretty creepy. Other episodes are really interesting and get you thinking throughout the episode. Some of these incredible episodes include Eve, and E.B.E. Overall this show is remarkable and a great example of 90's Television.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAleusGaming April 18, 2016

Illuminati confirmed

Xfiles is a great crime sci fi tv show Although it has its questioning moments it is a great friend role model show When I was 11 and 12 and so on it was my favorite show
Teen, 14 years old Written byBuffy Rules March 12, 2016

Review #16 - Man, this is one of my favourite shows ever (next to Buffy the Vampire Slayer and spin-off Angel). It's creepy at the same time.

RATING: TV-14 (one TV-MA) | NETWORK: Fox | STUDIO: Ten Thirteen Productions (the logo where the kid says "I made this!") and 20th Century Fox Television Created by Chris Carter (whose production company is Ten Thirteen) and always in some way scary, fascinating, weird, also funny at the same time, this is a brilliantly scary trip into the weird and wonderful cases that involve aliens, the supernatural and the paranormal. Fox Mulder, more commonly known as Mulder, is the one who believes in this stuff, and his partner Dana Scully, more commonly known as Scully, is the skeptic here, and the bond between these two FBI agents develop slowly, but surely. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PARENTAL GUIDANCE SECTION: The creepiest show I've seen. There's one episode where I've seen eyes and intestines covered in blood as the only remains. I've seen an episode where it deals with rape (nothing of that kind ever shown but the possibility is talked about) --- Jose Chung's From Outer Space --- there's also episodes including two children whipped in a car and killed in some way --- the scene is dark but blood splatters onto the window; there's a two-way murder in another where both are killed; guns are occasionally used; a dog mauls a woman's arm and blood covers her arm and shirt in another; there's similar violence and medical procedures are sometimes shown (a pale alien that has some skin from the chest cut off) and more. The worst language they use is BS and Scully implies the F word said by a Detective in one episode, the F word is never actually heard. "D*mn", "h*ll", "*ss" and "b*st*rd" are used commonly. I think I heard a marijuana reference in the second ever episode (Seth Green with long hair appears there). But the main concern is violence, scariness and sometimes the subject of rape. Not to mention that Mulder and Scully are great role models. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------This show never fails to entertain me. If I want something scarier than Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Angel, then I go for this. It's just something about the weird and wonderful that appeals to me. "Jose Chung's from Outer Space" would be my favourite episode of what I've seen. David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson are always reliable for good performances, and watching them on One, rated M here (about TV-14 equivalent), it's compulsory viewing for me, at least from time to time. The truth is out there. Watch, love and thankyou for reading.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytheman2312 March 5, 2016

X-files

This is a well made sci-fi tv series, that is not for young kids. It can get scary in some episodes, and there is violence and languge. Some sexual content too. If it was a movie I would rate it PG-13 for Violence, languge, and some sexual content.
Kid, 12 years old February 21, 2016

Mature 11 year olds and 12 year olds can handle.

The X-Files is a great show, focusing on the cases of FBI agents Mulder and Scully in which each episode has some sort of paranormal creature present, whether it be aliens, creepy dolls or possessed plastic surgeons. I love this show dearly and I remember many episodes with great fondness. However, there are also many episodes that horrified me and still chill me to this day. One of the first few episodes 'Squeeze' is incredibly creepy, albeit not violent it is incredibly suspenseful. Other episodes such as F.Emasculata, Chinga, Sanguinarium, 2Shy, The List, Aubrey, Leonard Betts and Badlaa feature violence, brutal killings and disturbing images. Some of the main offenders are Sanguinarium (A guy literally cuts his own face off.), Chinga (A doll brutally murders people for example, a woman slits her throat with a record and the opening scene includes people trying to gouge their eyes out.), F.Emasculata (This episode I cannot handle, it is incredibly disturbing, gory and just plain chilling.) and a few others such as The List which has many dead bodies and maggots crawling inside them and Aubrey which involves the words 'sister' and 'brother' being carved into people's chests. These were episodes I would probably steer clear of and some others that I mentioned before such as 2Shy (Internet guy sucks fat out of unsuspecting women), Badlaa (Incredibly creepy and there is a scene where Scully cuts open a man's chest and the antagonist crawls out) and Leonard Betts which has a headless corpse and is very disturbing. Apart from those few episodes there are some great ones such as Darkness Falls, Bad Blood (Very funny episode), Small Potatoes (This is another comedic one) and many more greats. Some sexual episodes such 3 (fetish vampires), Irresistible (This episode is so creepy) and Gender Bender (You can kinda guess from the title.). In conclusion, The X-Files is a 90's gem with great acting, surprisingly good effects for the time and some truly enjoyable and creepy episodes. This is a must-watch but if you cannot handle gore and are easily scared, steer clear of the episodes mentioned.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAstroPhysics January 9, 2016

My favorite TV Show

This show is really good. It is all about FBI agents Mulder and Scully trying to investigate government conspiracies, abductions, and aliens. At the beginning, it seems like anyone can handle the show, but as the show progresses, it shows more and more content such as sex and cutting people up graphically and mutations and stuff. Ten or eleven year olds can probably handle season one, but after that the content gets more and more 'adult.' The show is written well and has many good scenes and episodes. My favorite episode is the one about the evil twin girls and my second favorite is the one about stretchy man. You will really love this show, it is really interesting and has a good continuous plot line. There are also two movies (although the second movie really sucks).
Teen, 13 years old Written bybobisyum October 1, 2015

Great show!

I love The X files, but it can be quite violent, and it has a bit of sex. Otherwise it is fine for mature teens!
Teen, 13 years old Written byKennyMcCormick October 3, 2011

Favourite TV Show!

Awesome! Some episodes could be gory, for mature audiences!
Teen, 13 years old Written byPugluver577 June 10, 2011

I love it!

i really love the x-files, it can be creepy at times but if you like creepy stuff this is perfect, i really liked mulder and scully's relationship and i think they're pretty good role models
Teen, 14 years old Written byFox William Mulder May 22, 2011
This is my favorite T.V. show of all time. I'm 14 years old and this brilliant Sci-fi cop drama should not be passed up. PERIOD. The characters are intriguing and the story is wonderfull. Best show ever.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywhaleoh4060 March 20, 2011

Can be VERY scary sometimes

One episode freaked the crap out of me when I was 11. This show can sometimes be very gory including regurgitated severed fingers, graphically slicing off hands, being fried alive and much more. Some episodes like "Patience" and "X-Cops" can be very scary. At least two episodes feature prostitutes,(One of them was "Orison", that was also pretty gory). Some episodes are just tame.