All member reviews for The X-Files

Brilliant sci-fi drama for brave teens and up.

Kid, 9 years old September 26, 2014

Interesting...

This show is cool, somtimes startling and creepy. i reccomend that you only watch this if you are at least nine. -I've only watched ep.1 Pilot
Parent Written byPredatorman April 2, 2014

Really Awesome TV-Show

Cool, Creepy, and violent is all I can say.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMiscreant January 5, 2013

A Guide to Triggers- Common Fears in The X-Files

14+? Really? Parents, google this chart and see if it seems like an appropriate show for your children to watch. A Guide to Triggers - Common Fears in The X-Files
Kid, 12 years old November 27, 2012

X-files

great show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBadWolf1 October 21, 2012

Brilliantly made!

I started watching this show when I was 11 and was not effected by the gruesome content or language. Though my friends disappear whenever I watch it because of the gore or disturbing story it isn't that bad. When you watch the show there isn't much of gore and the science fiction storylines are brilliant! They are very scientific and mythical at te same time.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKennyMcCormick October 3, 2011

Favourite TV Show!

Awesome! Some episodes could be gory, for mature audiences!
Teen, 13 years old Written byPugluver577 June 10, 2011

I love it!

i really love the x-files, it can be creepy at times but if you like creepy stuff this is perfect, i really liked mulder and scully's relationship and i think they're pretty good role models
Teen, 14 years old Written byFox William Mulder May 22, 2011

This is my favorite T.V. show of all time. I'm 14 years old and this brilliant Sci-fi cop drama should not be passed up. PERIOD. The characters are intriguing and the story is wonderfull. Best show ever.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywhaleoh4060 March 20, 2011

Can be VERY scary sometimes

One episode freaked the crap out of me when I was 11. This show can sometimes be very gory including regurgitated severed fingers, graphically slicing off hands, being fried alive and much more. Some episodes like "Patience" and "X-Cops" can be very scary. At least two episodes feature prostitutes,(One of them was "Orison", that was also pretty gory). Some episodes are just tame.
Kid, 12 years old December 27, 2010

Great Show, Sensitive Parents May Want to Censor Some Episodes

I really love this show, and I think both Scully and Mulder are awesome role models. I think that parents of kids under 11 or 12 though should check the show out first, and hand pick the episodes deemed appropriate. Some episodes like Squeeze or Ascension can be pretty scary, while others like Beyond the Sea has mild language (Scully uses the B word). Gender Bender and 2Shy are others that may be censored. On the other hand, female empowerment is a major theme in the show, as Scully is almost always the one to tough talk someone who's in their way, the first one to step into a scary room with a monster lurking inside, and always provides the voice of reason. She's been a role model of mine since I started watching the X Files, and she and Mulder inspired me to become an FBI agent. Parents, I highly suggest showing this show to your kids, and as once they turn 12, everything should be considered appropriate.
Teen, 15 years old Written byFahima Saeed September 15, 2010

Don't watch it at night!

I learned to like this from my parents, who used to watch it when I was a baby. David Duchovny is one of my favourite actors, and the incredibly memorable theme music has always been in my head subconsciously, since I was 3! I'm not really into gross stuff, but this is one of those sci-fi things that I can tolerate, and happen to like a lot.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLoveOwenWilson September 10, 2010

sci-fi lovers!!

Sci-fi is a big NO NO for me...but this??? OMG!!! love it!! Dana Scully is totally a revolutionary woman (25 years old only, Gillian Anderson!!) and Mulder is bang on WOW!! it's kinda gross at times, but is really cool...love it!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byLynnScullyInDaHouse February 13, 2010

LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!

WOOO this rocked mamas BOAT! rofl i love X files it just rocks the house down! i am currently in school to become and fbi agent thanks to this show...i dont want the nickname spooky but.....and some thing else is very wierd my last name is scully..kind of a sign i guess idk.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycode2264 March 22, 2009

wow

its awsome it can be scary but funny at some parts.