All member reviews for Toddlers & Tiaras

Child beauty pageant series sends iffy messages.

Adult Written byClear sky December 10, 2014

Total Miss

This may seem like an innocent show, but it's filled with overly sexualized children, and out of control parents. The content isn't entertaining, it seems like child abuse!
Teen, 15 years old Written byHainesama123 September 11, 2014

Oh my goodness!

Why are kids being dressed like teenagers and Miss Americas in this show? Kids should stay kids, not act like they are grown ups. There is a problem in this society with sexualized stuff aimed at kids these days, and the moms aren't making things better. Dressing kids up in sexualized outfits? Come on, who does that with their 5 or 6 year old? If I were a parent, I wouldn't allow my kids to dress up like teenagers or even watch this show.
Kid, 10 years old June 28, 2014

A Guilty Pleasure...

Me and my sister enjoy watching this on her iPod during our sleep-overs together. We enjoy talking over whether we think the children enjoy it, and what people would think of them as adults. I like these little conversations, and am sorry to say that this is a guilty pleasure show for me. My sister and I agree that, not only is it sad and upsetting that the children believe that they are not beautiful without their rip-off skirts and make-up, but it is spoiling the parents into getting annoyed that their child is not pretty enough to get them $2,000 and a plastic crown. This is slightly upsetting but oddly entertaining, in a mixed up, tough love way. This is not one of my helpful reviews, and I just wasted sixty seconds of your life reading this, but there is my opinion, and I am sticking to it. Thanks for reading my review, Gothilocks (PS this is addicting, and I am sorry to admit, pretty fun to watch. Sorry humanity!)
Teen, 15 years old Written byGregoryMccormick123 June 23, 2014

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This show is a JOKE! TLC, is this wasteland cancelled? If it is, THANK YOU SO MUCH! It it's not cancelled, CANCEL THIS AWFUL GARBAGE! Toddlers and Tiaras is horrendous. Annoying, stupid, lame, and way too crass! The acting is also terrible. Oh, and the spin off Here Comes Honey Boo Boo is just as s***ty.
Kid, 10 years old November 9, 2013

Toddlers

Fun show to whatch. A great way to discover the pageant world. if you are new to the glitz pageant world this is good to see what it's about. Awesome show
Teen, 17 years old Written byasmaa123 November 5, 2013

child A-B-U-S-E

Omg im a 17 year old girl who wears NO makeup. And these poor little babies are forced. My little sis is 12 and i caught her watching so i watched. it with her and i watched as a MOTHER yelled at her DAUGHTER "drop those chips, we have a pagent to win tommorow" did she say WE....... after that i shut off the tv and my sis and i made cupcakes
Kid, 12 years old June 24, 2013

BAD SICK VULGER SHOW!!!!!!!

Nobody should watch this. This show is all about trafficking little girls, Vulger lowlife people, and teaching little girls to be be stuck up bratty little prostitutes when they become 15!
Kid, 12 years old June 5, 2013

10 and over only

Even though this can be entertaining, it sends out bad messages to little girls. 10 and over should be fine, but still might be too young depending on how mature they are.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycandy11221 May 31, 2013

Is it really worth it?

What happened to TLC?!?!?!?!? Doesn't TLC stand for The Learning Channel?Toddlers and Tiaras have a bad influence on children. My daughter tells me what the other boys and girls at her school say about some of the children, especially Alana, or "Honey Boo Boo Child". On the other hand though, some of these children WANT to be in pageants. BUT IT DOESN'T MEAN THEY SHOULD RECORD AND POST ABOUT THESE CHILDREN'S LIVES AND EXPLOIT THEM SEXUALLY, INAPPROPRIATELY, AND MENTALLY SCAR THESE LITTLE GIRLS FOR LIFE!
Kid, 11 years old January 22, 2013

The Kids Are Alright

I know the parents love their children but their feeding their children Pixie Sticks all day. They're dressing them up like prostitutes but you know what? None of us have the right to judge their parenting methods. We don't know what their children are going to be like when they grow up. Their kids are happy and healthy and their parents love them. If that's all taken care of we have no right at all to judge these parents or their kids.
Kid, 11 years old October 27, 2012

Something you gotta know

There is a performance where two girls get carried on a surfboard by 2 boys who are wearing swim shorts and no shirt
Teen, 14 years old Written bymathninja September 22, 2012

Child pageants must be stopped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This boarders on child abuse. These little girls will never have a normal childhood if their parents keep this up. If your kids watch this, make sure that you discuss it with them.
Kid, 11 years old August 28, 2012

I can't stop Watching this show!

It's currently my favorite shows, but no show is perfecto so if you want to know the concerns there is cussing violence and um sexy........ Cussing: Yes the pageant Moms do cuss like "F--K" or they will say minor but not pleasant things like " I'm pissed off! " Violence: An 8 year old " Danielle " slapped a little boy, and a clueless 2 year old " Bella " hit her dad in the head with a crown. Sexy: In the episode " Halloween Bash Pageant " 9 year old " Chloe " was " Daisy Duke " and in another episode " Paisly " was " Julia Roberts " from " Pretty Women"
Kid, 10 years old August 8, 2012

AWFUL.

This show is terrible. All it seems to be about is 2-7 or so year old girls wearing makeup and dressing in sexy outfits that even I can't wear, and I'm 10! -Samantha (chocolatecake123)
Teen, 14 years old Written bydirectioner23 August 3, 2012

Intresting but practically child abuse!

Kind of sad but very addicting.Its sad how these mothers force their chilren to dress like hookers and dance like them too!
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 13, 2012

Just OK.

It's kind of cute to watch. I don't like how the parents (usually moms) sexualize their little girls. The parents are so self-centered and (most of them) throw fits after a loss, talk bad about other competitors, push their kids to hard, etc. They are setting their kids up to be selfish monsters.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybookcupcake April 1, 2012

come on

look it is kids in bikinis and sparkling dresses little kids shake there booties when dancing on there own they are just out there to have fun and ya I don't like makup and spray tans on a three year old as much as every one else but I think you will be fine if you and your kid watch it. Maybe you will be the next pagent queen
Teen, 13 years old Written bygirl13 March 29, 2012

Pointless

These parents are literally living thru there kids. Thats just sad
Teen, 13 years old Written byDangerRanger101 February 23, 2012

This stuff should be illegal!

This show is incredibly rididculous! I mean, there are some good things that come out of these pageants, it teaches poise and some other things, but the children aren't going to recognize that because they won't understand and the age they're at. It would be better if it were more of a dress up competition that encourages girls to feel good about themselves. But no! these little girls are forced into revealing clothes and absoluptely must get all glamed up with the make-up and have wierd stuff sprayed into their hair! That stuff could be toxic to their health! Overall, I feel that this show is absoluptley ridiculous! I feel that it should be required by law that no girl under the age of 16 comepete in these horrible, abusive pageants!
Kid, 11 years old February 12, 2012

Entertaining show, bad messages.

Although this show is entertaining, I personally do not believe in pageants-that little girls should be "dolled up" (a.k.a. sexualized) with waxed eyebrows, spray tans, and sexy outfits/dances. One pageant director says, "You do NOT want to see a chubby child on stage. She has to have the Barbie [body]." Because of this, some moms force their daughter to diet so they can win Ultimate Grand Supreme-and when they get a smaller title, like Princess, the moms aren't even PROUD of their daughter's accomplishment for working so hard. Many of these moms are TERRIBLE role models for their daughter, but there are some moms who are sweet, kind, and supportive, and are proud of their daughter, no matter what.