All member reviews for Toddlers & Tiaras

Child beauty pageant series sends iffy messages.

Adult Written byolaa89 April 18, 2012

IF THERE WAS ONLY A WAY TO STOP THIS TERRIBLE SHOW!

I've seen bits and parts of the show but never lasted longer than 15 minutes.. Those insane mothers brainwash their own kids! How sad is that?! No wonder there are more and more bullies out there.. let's face it, those narrow-minded girls will be unfair and judgmental of others (most of them already are)! Instead of addressing the problem of juvenile bullying in high school (when it's too late), we should teach the kids respect and some modesty when they're still little (complete opposite of what those mothers do!). At the end I have a real life example. I recently worked with a girl that everyone disliked because she was so self centered, and one day someone mentioned toddlers and tiaras! I expressed my opinion about this show, which she followed with "Look, I was in pageants and I turned out okay!" There was no comment on that one, just silence! IF THERE WAS ONLY A WAY TO STOP THIS TERRIBLE SHOW!
Adult Written bychapirl February 24, 2011

ridiculous

Most of the mothers here should be charged with child abuse from plucking eyebrows to infant drinking soda and coffee. Just what we need parents making kids look ridiculous. This is about the parents dream not the kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCaitie11 December 12, 2012

Oh My Goodness...

I feel sorry for these kids. These kids are going to grow up thinking they are the prettiest in the world. I bet they won't have friends when they grow up... There mothers are C.R.A.Z.Y, Crazy! 90% of the time the kids are forced into it. Funny to watch because they have NO lives...
Kid, 12 years old January 9, 2013

horribal!!!!!

i find this show disturbing in many ways: 1) most of the parents abuse their children by yelling at their child if their child messes up. 2) It has children as young as 6 months-12 years old doing very inniproprite dance moves and costumes. 3) its horribal seeing children being forced to "compete" by whereing tons of make up, just to win "the grand prize" and money
Teen, 14 years old Written byPoison Ivey October 7, 2009

All I can say is wow

yes, wow. Well, it's a terrible show dont EVER watch it. Its just teaching kids they have to look pretty to get somewhere in the world. Even though they dont want the girls looking sexy, it's full of striptease and brattyness. And its the parents who'll be paying, believe me, all you pagaent moms who are out their on common sense reading this review now. You could all you some, right now. I dont know about you, but I wouldn't want my four year old looking older than me.
Parent of a 9 year old Written bypurplemoon July 16, 2009

Just plain horrible! Look at the message it's sending our little girls!
Parent of a 5, 6, 7, and 11 year old Written byAnEpicGuy December 3, 2012

Bad.

I have caught my sister watching this, and I put a household ban on it. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME ON THIS.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKatie455555555 September 10, 2012

I mentally threw up

I watched 15 minutes of it and wanted to be sick. I wish this horrible HORRIBLE show never saw the light of day!!!!! The inappropriate costumes, yelling parents, etc is just sickening. This need to get off the air NOW.
Kid, 8 years old April 4, 2012

Worst Show Ever. TLC should take it off.

Ok, this is the worst show I had ever watched. I MEAN... PUTTING MAKE-UP ON KIDS AS YOUNG AS 1?!?!?! And they gossip to much.. And, moms cuss each other out and yell at the poor little girls "If you don't get up there I'll whoop your a**!" OMG... I am a girl, yes, but not really girly. And let me tell you-THIS IS NOT REAL BEAUTY PAEGANTS. I mean, it's just, gross and nasty.. And really? A little girl dancing in a bar? I can see this show as a form of child abuse. I mean, mothers taking thier kids to a bar? And forcing Red Bull and Mountain Dew down BABIES' throats? I feel sorry for the poor little girls on there. I would rate it 0 stars if I could, but my mom actually LIKES this show, But my grandma doesen't. This show is very boring, It makes TLC crappy. I mean, THIS now rules supreme instead of the GOOD show Kate Plus 8/Jon and Kate Plus 8. Please, don't watch this show, I am starting a petition to stop Toddlers and Tiaras. And, Honey Boo Boo is dumb. This is even worse then Chatroullete, Now, after my Grandma turned it off today, My mom said she's not buying me Lion King 2, and I LOVE Lion King. Curse this evil show.
Kid, 8 years old April 2, 2012

parents are suppose to be good with kids, not bad with them!!!

parents get physical with kids. and everytime twenty year old girls win (as much as i saw it) so whats the point for to be little kids be on this show anyway?! :/ p.s once a girl about 4 year old's mother forced her to put bleach on her teeth to make them look whiter and that is just plain sadness to me
Kid, 12 years old January 29, 2012

What is with these moms?!?!?!?

If it weren't for the entertainment I get from watching the little girls throw tantrums, I would give it one star. Most of these girls (and boys in some episodes, but the boys aren't as victimized) are 5 or 6 and "like" to get tanned, having their eyebrows waxed, wearing fake teeth (flippers), practicing for months to get their 5 second routine right, being criticized by their mothers for not doing it exactly right, putting in a painful hairpiece, being criticized by their mothers AGAIN for saying that it hurts and crying, ordering a $1000 costume to wear for 2 minutes, putting in enhancements (a fake butt and fake breasts for a Dolly Parton costume) and that's just getting ready for the big day! These girls are not dolls, they are girls who deserve a normal life! One of the moms said in her interview that she had spent about 10,000 dollars for her daughter and that she "wouldn't be here doing this interview" if she hadn't done that. Mothers, let your kids be kids! On the bright side, at least its funny to watch the kids throw tantrums.
Kid, 11 years old June 7, 2011

I HATE BEAUTY PAGEANTS!

I do NOT like this show and I HATE BEAUTY PAGEANTS!!!!!! The moms will spend over a million dollars just to buy pageant dresses and makeup. The little girls get tortured by getting waxed,putting on those over the top dresses and painful hairdos,putting on high heels at such a young age, and probably getting a good spanking if they don't win. The little girls are too spoiled and bratty, plus they are too "sexy" for being a 4 or 5 year old. They put on skimpy clothing at a young age. One day I saw an episode where an evil pageant mom takes her 5 year to get her eyebrows waxed. I get my eyebrows waxed and it's okay but a girl half my age is NOT OKAY!!! One day I saw another episode where they had a total brat named Danielle. She said that she will and I quote, "...attack the judges or something like that," if she didn't win the grand prize. So at the end, Danielle doesn't win the grand prize (YES!!!) and starts crying. I was laughing at saying cuss words (at her) because she didn't win. danypeace10 out! P.s. the girls at the beauty pageants wear gallons of makeup!
Kid, 11 years old February 21, 2011

Some info:

There was a mother on the show who was accused and guilty of choking a baby and feeding babies hot sauce. The parents are sometimes cruel.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byStarMom January 26, 2011

TERRIBLE!!

I think this is one of the worst show I've ever seen!!!!!!!
Educator and Parent of a 4 and 9 year old Written byconnielove93 September 25, 2010

I like and dislike this show for many reasons!!

I love and hate this show at the same time. I love this show because and inspired my child to compete in pageants!! When I was watching it my child asked me if she could do what they were doing, I was skeptical at first, but she enjoys dressing up and being on stage! But I don't like it because pageant moms have gotten a bad rap because of how the show potrays them on tv. People need to realize that TV is TV and the producers ask the parents to be dramatic for ratings, and most pageants and pageant parents don't behave like that. Also I dont know why they show so much sexy suff on that show most pageant moms don't let their children dance like that. I'm torn between the good and bad aspects of the show because most people don't realize that directors cut out boring material and put in bad/exiting/sexy material in.
Parent of a 5, 8, 10, and 10 year old Written byCSM Screen Name... October 3, 2009

Passion for Pageants

As my children compete in pageants, it's cool to see some of the other little girls out there and use some as examples to show my daughters what NOT to act like. My daughters may be divas, but they're not brats! The only bad part is that they show so many horrid pageant children, people stereotype pageant people like me! The other day when I took my kids grocery shopping and wore my pageant mom shirt, people kept shooting us these really weird looks. I don't see what's wrong with pageants- they teach my kids self confidence and how to take charge of situations!
Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2009

I hate the whole idea

I just hate the whole idea of the show. They are turning the little girls into something their not. they make them wear makeup, and the outfits are just outrageous for little girls. i saw a comercial trying to get people to watch it and a little girl was being very hateful and rude. its just turning the litle girls into little monsters.
Parent Written byMandyL20 March 27, 2013

Garbage

This simply sexually objectify's children. Parents turn their kids into monsters.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAwesome_Girl_13 August 9, 2012

Toddlers and Tiaras Review!!!

It's just little girls and some little boys running around in VERY, VERY expensive outfits and their parents getting upset if they don't get a "High Title" is very different for people. I think it's good for kids, who aren't around this stuff, to see how other people live. Some may think it's absolutely ridiculous, which I do, but that makes it hilarious or some may be interested. But, Most of the time it is ridiculous when the kids cry or parents get mad at other people but it just shows you can live like that or do many other important things... But I think it is a show to watch, very funny!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bylmtrav February 2, 2012

Wrong but funny at the same time

Oh my goodness some of the parents on this show are horrible and unbelievable. However, this show is very addicting, and I find myself rolling on the floor laughing because of how crazy some of the parents are. I think putting little girls in pageants is wrong, but I think this show is hilarious.