All member reviews for Tom and Jerry

Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 June 30, 2011

Violent But Classic Cartoons

Tom and Jerry cartoons are very funny, but often violent. In almost every cartoon (with very few exceptions) they're fighting. Jerry doesn't try to escape Tom like Tweety tries to escape Slyvester, but tries to hurt the cat for fun. My main choice for giving this 5+ is that the characters smoke occasionaly, but you hopefully taught your kids from the time they understood what smoking was that they should never do it. I suggest if you have not take an example in Texas Tom where Tom smokes and say" We don't smoke like Tom."
Teen, 13 years old Written byIGotTheMagic May 5, 2011

A fun for everyone classic cartoon

Family friendly classic for just about everyone. Cartoon violence could be offensive or frightening to the very young set.
Kid, 11 years old December 27, 2010

ONE OF FUNNIEST SHOWS EVER

i love this show! me and my brother have been watching this since we were little. there's no blood,no scary voilence just ka-booms and whacks.okay for 4+ beacause they will think its will be HILARIOUS (i do and im 11)its 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% funny
Kid, 10 years old March 28, 2011

Great for all ages!

Funny as always!
Kid, 8 years old July 1, 2011

a kids show rated G

anyway all kids watch cartoons this is on in the morning so it is ok for kids
Teen, 16 years old Written bysb1254 May 4, 2011

A gennerly funny show with a few unsavory elements.

While I mostly agree with the Common Scence media review I think they left out a few things. There is some innuendo laced through the series, mostly whistling at women and that kind of stuff. Also while you probably wont see it on the TV, there are some unsavory racial sterotypes, namely blackface gags. Violence is what you would expect though. So while I don't think it's for 5+, 8 and higher should be good. But in the positives, this is a classic for the ages that it still entertaing today.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysmoonchu12 March 6, 2011

good for ages 4 and up.

funny but they use torchere tools for humor sometimes.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny January 4, 2011

A classic to behold!

I remember watching this show when I was a bit younger and I still tune in to watch it every once in awhile. Let me tell you what I think about it. It's funny, surreal, and entertaining. The violence is one of the most funniest parts of the show. Jerry seems to be indestructible because he's always clever. He's also a very good role model because no matter how many times Tom tries to eat or kill him, he always manages to outsmart him and never gives up. I give it two thumbs up! One last thing, Glass-Cheshire is absolutely right!
Kid, 11 years old April 11, 2011

Lots of animated violence with no consequences, 8+

I'm basically 14 and I still love this show. It is very funny. There is a lot of violence like people getting flattened but it's animated and there is no blood or gore. Incredibly mild flirting. Tom and Jerry sometimes smoke and in one episode Tom gets drunk but the violence is the only problem. Good for anyone 6 or over who likes a laugh.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycutiepie_1203 July 16, 2011

If I see one more review from an overprotective parent not knowing how to let their kids have ANY fun one more time, I'm going to scream.

To the dim-whitted idiotic parents out there who want their children to ever grow up and know about the real world, this show is NOT that violent. Come one people! This show isn't even realistic, and that's what makes it so funny. Please tell me a time you're child EVER tried to hit you with a pan, or throw a bowling ball at you, or even think about smoking. Really though, I've reviewed tons of shows on this site and all I see are over protective parents talking about "violence' this and "sexuality". Geez, cut the umblical cord, you can't keep your child locked up from real life, and if you start wondering why they have social and mental issues when they grow up, remember this time, because your kids surely won't forget it. You all need to learn to let go sometimes.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Dolphin July 25, 2011

Good old classic

It's a fun classic for kids. As long as they don't repeat what they see on the TV, there's no harm in watching this show. It's funny and has moderate violence.
Kid, 11 years old September 13, 2011

THIS IS SUPER FUNNY

now i have to say something this site has SUPER OVERPROTECTIVE PARENTS ITS LIKE WHENEVER A CARTOON HAS SOME VIOLENCE THEY GO LIKE OH MY GOSH AND STUFF CMON SERIOUSLY THIS CAN NEVER HAVE A PAUSE ONLY AN ON WITH 2 PLUS
Teen, 14 years old Written bymymagictutorials4u August 31, 2011

Classic

Tom and Jerry is a good old fashioned show that teaches morals about friendship through good examples. However there is some mild violence however it is all cartoonish and in the end T&J usually end up making up and staying friends. in some episodes tom or jerry outwits the dog spike or eachother and often it will show a suggestive word and change the head to a donkey( such as Jack@$$ or sucker) and then changing the characters body/head to a donkey or a sucker. also there is also some smoking but is not an issue because it is used very lightly and in very few episodes. All in all a very good, family friendly classic show that is good entertainment for any age 1-100.
Kid, 12 years old June 23, 2009

Think twice.

Parents need to know that this show is NOT appropriate for kids under 9 years old. Tom and Jerry use violence to resolve their conflicts. Jerry's the one that causes all the problems, and Tom gets hurt. It's also loaded with using bras as parachutes and smoking. MESSAGE (know your kids): Social behaviour: Tom and Jerry use violence to resolve their confilcts. Consumerism: Not an issue. Drugs/Alchohol/Tobacco: Tom and Jerry smoke. VIOLENCE (not age appropriate): Violence is used in every episode, and it's all cartoonish. SEX (know your kids): Jerry uses a bra as a parachute, as well as a couple of make-outs. LANGUAGE (no issues): Not an issue. -------------------------------------------- But my siblings love it.
Kid, 10 years old September 2, 2011

Best cartoons ever!!

One of the best cartoons ever!!
Kid, 8 years old November 29, 2009

come on! people think this is a bad show just cus of the violence!?!!? WICH IS THE BEST PART!!!!!!!!! THEY EXPECT YOU TO WATCH DORA, JUST CUS IT'S EDUCATIONAL?!?!?! THEY SHOULD WATCH THIS SHOW AND SEE WHAT THEIR MISSING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 7 years old August 9, 2013

for kids and adults very good

my favorite show when i was 5 but its ok has some violence funny and very good let your kids watch it its not that friendly but appropriate
Kid, 12 years old October 19, 2009

Come on!

Just plain fun. Not that violent, but isn't on tv anymore because the violence level. Tom and jerry is classic! Watch it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCartoonaholic_C... April 9, 2008

Another True Classic

This toon may not have the best in social behavior (unlike the non-classic Franny's Feet), still, it's a pure classic!!! Seeing a cat chase a mouse and do various tricks to it may be a little too violent and scary for very young kids, your older kids may... I mean will love this (hence the cartoon violence (which you do not really want to see a child imitating) by the way), yet, it's hilarious and bound to give cartoon lovers of all ages laughs! More modern shows like SpongeBob, Catscratch, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, Squirrel Boy, Franny's Feet (not exactly), and various others tend to pick up this legendary cartoon's usage of humor (some of it by the way). Tom and Jerry and other classic cartoons and some not so classic cartoons RULE!!!
Kid, 9 years old March 6, 2011

Violent classic for family pretty much an amazing classic.

Tom and Jerry are one of the most violence cartoons i've ever seen, yet still good.There are all kinds of weapons such as guns, swords, knives, etc.The violence leads to bad messages, so I wouldn't recommend this to anyone under 5.People in the 40's and 60's used cigars in their cartoons, same thing with Tom and Jerry, but it was common in those times so you could've seen it everywhere.There are some funny moments in this show for family but still, Tom and Jerry are the bad role models in this show.Very Popular cartoon and still popular today, people all around the world love Tom and Jerry, so all and all, this show is great.Check it out if you haven't seen it.