Cat and mouse face off in classic (but violent) cartoon.

Adult Written byDUDES!!! October 2, 2011

Good, But DEFINETLY more violent than courage the cowardly dog,

little eyes, be careful... this is extremely chock full of cartoon violence
Parent of a 3, 5, 8, 10, and 11 year old Written bysamhighley June 11, 2010
good with a 60's twist...
Parent of a 13 year old Written byvart96 February 15, 2010

Victor's Reviwe

I think it can be fun but the're are some things parents should be caution I rate this: PG for mild cartoon violence and mild drug reference.
Kid, 7 years old October 17, 2016
just fine but a lot of violence and drugs
Kid, 10 years old September 3, 2016

funny and great!

ive wtached this show for a LONG time its really funny and good! cartoon violence like tnt guns and knifes but in a cartoon funny way no language but jerry sometimes uses a bra as a parachute but thats not bad.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDanielthemii July 8, 2016

Ok for 5 year olds

Tom and Jerry is ok for five year olds, but it could be scary for younger or sensitive kids because of the tv-14 rated violence and the characters sometimes smoke cigars or drink.
Adult Written byJessicaS 10 March 15, 2016

Definitely the best

Definitely the best show hands down. At some point I was worried about direction cartoons are heading today, with all the robots and transformers and whatnot. Fortunately I see that boomernag is airing three shows a day with tom and jerry, which is great. They may be judged for violence, accused for racism, but tom and jerry are the best we had and we have from the cartoon world. period. Btw, for 5 years now I am collecting indie games about tom and jerry, and they are all free, so feel free to take a look if you like. http://www.tom-and-jerry-games.com/ If I had kids, they would watch only this.
Kid, 11 years old January 28, 2016
great show very funny there are some episodes of smoking a pipe not to bad there is some episodes of guns i love it
Teen, 13 years old Written bynatom68 October 31, 2015
Tom and Jerry includes near constant slap-stick violence. Occasionally there are themes that involve smoking and other classic 60's "membrolia" but otherwise a classic show.
Parent of a 3 and 8 year old Written byfrank never gives up August 30, 2014

3 and up is fine

I think some parents worry a bit too much...don't forget that it's up to us to explain to them that it's just cartoons not reality. .In one ep. U see the cat smoking too much but then he gets sick...that's a clue for u to intervene and x plain the situations. ..even at 3 years old kids r smart enough to know more than we think...my 3 year old loves it and knows not to copy the fighting that it's all just fun and make believe
Kid, 11 years old July 30, 2014

Best cartoon to grow up with now.

This show has the best sense of humor! And, its a good way for the kids that want to play blood and gore video games like Mortal Kombat, to be entertained appropriately. I grew up with it, and people always tell me I have a good sense of humor. And better yet, Itchy and Scratchy may scare you about how its like Tom and Jerry, but that's not true!
Teen, 13 years old Written bychocoluv June 19, 2014

Cat vs Mouse in a Cartoon!

Cartoons back in the 1940s used imagination of what it would be like if animals fought each other. Tom and Jerry was one of those cartoons. Cartoons these days don't really do this anymore, but that doesn't make them "terrible". Tom and Jerry is one of the very few 40s cartoons that I'm able to see these days. I think that the older Tom and Jerry cartoons are the best! Who cares if it has too much violence?
Parent of a 2 and 7 year old Written byYvonne M December 13, 2013

Tom & Jerry: an enduring classic that still entertains 70 years later

I watched T&J as a child, and just recently introduced it to my seven-year-old. I have never seen him laugh so hard at anything , ever before! Sure, it has no educational value whatsoever, but for pure, silly entertainment, it's wonderful. The original toons from the 1940s and 50s have gorgeous animation, and the orchestration that accompanies the pieces is amazing. The violence inherent to Tom and Jerry may deter some, but I think it's much easier to separate from real-life when it's a cat and mouse, rather than the creatures or robots you find fighting in today's animated series.
Kid, 7 years old August 9, 2013

for kids and adults very good

my favorite show when i was 5 but its ok has some violence funny and very good let your kids watch it its not that friendly but appropriate
Kid, 10 years old June 16, 2013

best cartoon

best cartoon old cartoons were the best love it good violence best cartoon
Kid, 9 years old June 13, 2013

So much VIOLENCE

so much violence it's mainly about a cat murdering a mouse. There are guns, knives, TNT and saws.
Teen, 17 years old Written byg1a2b3e4 January 1, 2013

Tom and Jerry

under age 2-6 on age 7 over age 8-18
Kid, 11 years old December 27, 2012

its just a cigar!

Even though there is smoking in some parts its still a hilarious cartoon that will make any one laugh. I don't like tom and Jerry tales because it isn't as near funny as the old series.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy November 23, 2012

Classic!

Now,before I review this classic cartoon,i'd like to warn parents about the violence in the show.But since this is an awesome show,i'm not gonna take away stars.Man,this show cracks me up.Plus,the animation is solid.BTW,JEDI micah,it's cool.My parents do love me,and i'm atcually glad they do.I'm glad your parents love you too.Since I can't give you my adress,we can just chat here on CSM.
Adult Written byJEDI micah November 22, 2012

Ah, sweet laughter!

I know that it's considered a violent cartoon and that Tom and Jerry aren't good role models for kids, but come on! It is so funny! When my dad and I watch this together, I hear him laughing all the time! It's fun to watch, as long as you don't copy what they do, of course! BTW, sorry TIM THE TV GUY that I can't get your e-mail. But don't feel like that your parents are not fun or anything like that. They probably tell you not to give anyone your e-mail address because they love you, and they want you to be protected. I totally understand. I have parents who love me as well! But would your parents give me your regular address, so that I can write letters to you? If not, we can still chat with each other right here!