All member reviews for Tom and Jerry

Cat and mouse face off in classic (but violent) cartoon.

Parent Written byGlass-Cheshire May 27, 2011

Lighten up, geez

The more I browse this site, the more I see parents worrying too mcuh. "They solve their problems with violence!" Oh boo hoo. Let your kids have fun. I'm not hitting people with pans for the fun of it, and I loved this show when I was little. And kids are going to try to do it by fighting anyway. You ALSO forget that Tom and Jerry often make up at some point."BUT THEY SMOKE" and they almost always get sick afterwards from taking too much. Your kid is not dumb enough to pick up an actual cigar, light it, and smoke it, unless they see you doing it and learn how. And in such a case, you SHOULD'VE TAUGHT YOUR KID NOT TO DO IT IN THE FIRST PLACE. Make sure your child understands what they do wrong, and make sure they understand it's a cartoon. I really don't think you're giving your kids enough credit. They're not that dumb, and you can't protect them from every little knick and scrape to their body or mind. And from personal experience, the harder you try to do it, the farther your kids get later. I had issues with my grandmother recently because it suddenly dawned on me that she kept me inside my whole life, so I never learned how to play with other kids, I'd never played any games outside, and I'd never played in my own yard without long pants and a sweat shirt on. Whatever happened to kids having fun, anyway? AND WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THE FUN OF ANIMATION?
Kid, 9 years old June 25, 2013

good show

it is a good show. (p.s I am looking at it now.)
Adult Written byrl_ovalle May 30, 2011

Not as bad as people make it out to be

Yes, Tom and Jerry has quite a bit of animated violence. I'm 26 and I grew up on shows like Tom and Jerry and Looney Tunes. Now, I never felt the compulsion to hit my younger brother in the head with a frying pan...mainly because I knew it was wrong and also because I knew I would get in a world of trouble for it. T&J is all animated so the violence isn't "real." Yes, kids are imitators, but as long as parents aren't using the TV to babysit their kids and parents actually discipline kids, then the animated violence shouldn't be a problem. Long story short, teach the kids the difference between real and make believe and everything will be ok.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 June 30, 2011

Violent But Classic Cartoons

Tom and Jerry cartoons are very funny, but often violent. In almost every cartoon (with very few exceptions) they're fighting. Jerry doesn't try to escape Tom like Tweety tries to escape Slyvester, but tries to hurt the cat for fun. My main choice for giving this 5+ is that the characters smoke occasionaly, but you hopefully taught your kids from the time they understood what smoking was that they should never do it. I suggest if you have not take an example in Texas Tom where Tom smokes and say" We don't smoke like Tom."
Teen, 13 years old Written byIGotTheMagic May 5, 2011

A fun for everyone classic cartoon

Family friendly classic for just about everyone. Cartoon violence could be offensive or frightening to the very young set.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysmoonchu12 March 6, 2011

good for ages 4 and up.

funny but they use torchere tools for humor sometimes.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFlowerpower8760 August 3, 2015

!

It's fine but in one or two episodes they usually make a yellow pot or yellow tea pot explode over Tom's face (with his head in it) and it shows him black faced with pink lips. A sunflower. Aka making fun of black people. NOT COOL!!!
Kid, 11 years old October 21, 2015

Strong violence that is intolerable and upsetting for young kids and some tweens

this show features a mouse and a Tom cat (boy cat) who face off in extremely violent ways that are mischievous upsetting and sometimes perceived as bloody. there is people being smashed with hammers, burnt with fire, stabbed with sticks, crushed, drugged, poisoned, and sometimes who commit suicide. the are sexual references to people kissing and having sex such as the cat "tom" hold up a sign that says "want to love with me my kitty." *looks embarrassed*. there is mostly strong violence that results in injuries such as scrapes, open wounds, bruises, and more. people are also seen smacked with brooms, crushed with anvils, and sometimes burned or heated up in the microwave or in the oven. there are also criminal matters where people act as getaway man or sometimes aid the criminals from the cops. the cat Tom and the dog Mutt are also seen actively beating each other up. there is also some terrifying monsters in the show. also characters and sometimes kids are seen smoking cigars, pipes, cigarettes, and silver looking "cigars" that look like joints. over all this show is good but can be a bit much for audiences that are not ready for all the violence. TV-15 non-stop extremely violent cartoon violence some smoking and drinking use of drug material sexual content and references and some rude humor and nudity that all involve young kid, adult, and household pet
Teen, 14 years old Written byFulecoFan2001 September 20, 2015

Fun for All Ages !

Kid, 11 years old July 12, 2015

Great for all ages

This show is great for all ages. It is filled with laughs. But it is also violent. Sometimes there is tobacco. Besides all that it is perfect for kids.
Kid, 9 years old July 1, 2015

Worst franchise (and show.)ever made!

This contains violence, nothing good and brutality. I like cats and cats are getting embrassed too much on nowadays TV.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKmfan97 January 17, 2015

words cannot describe how much I love this show.

I'm 14 and I've been a big Tom and Jerry fan since I was real little. Sure it is a violent cartoon but the violence is done in a comedic way nothing like a show like family guy. I also watched the movie in 3rd grade and I thought it was awesome not really as good as the show though. Anyway this show is just absolutely amazing and is suitable for 5 and over.
Kid, 10 years old February 5, 2014

OK...

Good TV Show but can't that stupid cat get the mouse for once?
Kid, 10 years old January 8, 2014

Hilarious!

It's a really good show! They're is some violence, and sometimes Jerry cuts Tom in half,without blood or gore.It's funny though,and makes a great family show!
Teen, 16 years old Written bymusicforver July 25, 2013

Great Show

On 7-17 Pause 4-6 Off 2-3
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillonaire July 4, 2013

Iffy for 6+

Funny classic but violent show.
Parent of a 3, 5, 8, 10, and 11 year old Written bysamhighley June 11, 2010
good with a 60's twist...
Parent of a 13 year old Written byvart96 February 15, 2010

Victor's Reviwe

I think it can be fun but the're are some things parents should be caution I rate this: PG for mild cartoon violence and mild drug reference.