All member reviews for Transformers Rescue Bots

Feel-good Autobots story teaches teamwork to younger crowd.

Parent of a 1 and 4 year old Written byMeredithLopez76 March 6, 2013

Great For Younger Kids Who Want "Big Kid" Shows

My son got into Transformers when my husband showed him the original 80s series from our childhood. We discovered Rescue Bots as a recommendation from Netflix, and I'm glad we did; my 4-year old is currently on his third viewing of the entire series. This show is definitely geared at a younger audience, with bright colors, lots of action, and positive themes. I like that there aren't really bad guys, just bad situations. I also like that when I have to leave the room to deal with my little one, I can leave this on and know my 4YO won't get scared or upset. Like another reviewer said, the 4YO is at an age where he is now less interested in "baby" shows and wants to watch "big kid" shows, but emotionally he can't yet handle or understand some of the darker themes and scary situations of real "big kid" shows. This one bridges the gap perfectly.
Parent of an infant and 3 year old Written byiclaes88 March 12, 2014

Well Made

My 3.5 year old son watches this show on occasion and I will actually sit right down and watch it with him. The characters in the show all work together to solve problems that arise in their city/island and it gives good messages. There are a couple situations that arise in the show that may be a little scary, but the Rescue Bots (Heatwave, Boulder, Chase, and Blades) and their human allies (Chief/Dad, Cody, Dani, Kade, and Graham) work together to save the day. My son has a couple little toys from the series and will occasionally run around and call each one in our family one of the Rescue Bots. All in all, it's a fun show that provides a great message.
Parent of an infant and 3 year old Written byTara L. February 19, 2013

Boys like it and so do i

My son is 3 and a half, and this is his new favorite show. It is a very tuned down form of transformers, and I actually enjoy it. My son has taken up an interest in heros (I call them helpers), and destroyers, and this show satisfies that interest without being violent. Lately when he helps me out with something he is 'being a rescue bot'. It has a good overall message of finding a way to help out and overcoming differences.
Kid, 5 years old December 17, 2013

The real deal!

I like this show because they meet other characters (like bumble bee) and because they do great adventures.
Kid, 10 years old January 9, 2014

Not bad.

Well, it does have good messages, though they are a bit kiddy to me. Overall, the actual show has nothing bad in it. It just has some situations like fires or getting stuck somewhere. If you're looking for an alternative for your younger ones other than Transformers Prime which will have too much 'scary' action to them, then this is a good alternative. It is funny at times and that's one of the only reasons I watch it. The reason I never watched it was because of the animation. Even my mother said the animation looked strange. But, the actual show isn't bad. Great job Hasbro.
Parent Written byBrolem November 17, 2013

Rescue Bots

My son loves this show. He now gets excited now when he sees fire trucks, police cars, construction machinery, and helicopters. He has a full understanding that they are not going to turn into robots, but does understand how they help people in emergency situations.
Parent of a 2 and 3 year old Written byjsng February 23, 2013

My son is 3 1/2 and getting to the point were he is wanting to watch more "older" kid shows. Due to seeing the toys in stores. This show is a great way for young kids to get into transformers, without being exopsed to all the violence and more advanced story themes.

Kid, 9 years old June 16, 2012

awesome! the best! we need next episode and more toys....