Classic '80s 'toon more than just a commercial in disguise.

Parent of a 5 year old Written byBPBury1970 January 19, 2011

Mostly harmless

My 5 year old loves this series. I am slightly concerned about the blatant commercial that this series actually is, but my son doesn't beg me for new transformers. There's also the idea that physical fighting is an assumed method of problem solving. However, I haven't noticed much of that affecting my son. I think it's a great substitute for the live action movie, which I won't let him see yet.
Adult Written byBallin4Life March 6, 2011

Ok for older kids.

I love this show when I was a kid and still do. I'm happy the Hub airs this along with the original GI Joe.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bysmcclenaghan September 1, 2012

Depends on the kid.

Limit to one episode a week or so and watch for behavior emulation. Explain the purpose of the series (to promote toys) and make it very clear that everything in it is pretend. It's a good first fantasy with simple plots to get kids thinking about cause and effect.
Teen, 13 years old Written byperfectionist December 19, 2009

A classic

This is awesome. It's a kids' cartoon. But some adult transformers fans will love it. But beware; Spike's girlfriend is the most annoying person you'll ever see in a cartoon.
Teen, 14 years old Written byParkerSmykle July 5, 2015

a great cartoon :)

a great cartoon 5/5 stars
Teen, 16 years old Written byShadowofchaos41 June 4, 2014

Classic 80's

This show is actually really enjoyable. Yeah it's cheesy at times but it's something to love. You can take my word I am a T.V and movie snob haha
Teen, 13 years old Written byred316 September 17, 2012

Epic TV show

One of the greatest shows of all time.
Parent of a 12 and 14 year old Written byANTI-PARANOIA August 26, 2012

robots in disguise.

GOD THIS BRINGS BACK MEMORIES! even though the writing isn't shakespere, the action is pretty good. but fair warning............................................................................................THE SECOND AND THIRD SEASON ARE SCREWED UP! episodes like the girl who fell in love with powergluide, or autobot spike..... or CHILDS PLAY. Its the stupid episodes like that that make season 2 hard to watch. so start with season one and then look for the good season 2 episodes. good series but s2 is rediculous sometimes.
Adult Written byChrisams August 20, 2010
I watched this show when I was a kid, and looking back, this show gave\re-enforced many of my ideals today. The show focuses on the Heroic Autobots and Evil Decepticons and thier battles to protect or enslave Earth. The storylines are usually very simple, which is in contrast to some of the language, which having watched all the episodes very recently, is well written, witty and sometimes complicated. As rolemodels, the Autobots are all perfect, despite their occaisional character flaws and the values presented haven't lost their meaning 25 years on.
Kid, 11 years old July 24, 2010

AWESOME

AWESOME. Fun and entertaining.
Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written byHandsOnMe July 1, 2009

AMAZING! Fun for everyone!!

I LOVE transformers!! I watched it when I was younger since I am only 19 years old. I was so happy when they did a human version of it for the big theatres! Its an amazing show and very fun for everyone!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv June 14, 2009

Okay, not as good as film.

This series is okay, but the art and action is outdated. Watch the film instead.