All member reviews for TRON: Uprising

Smart fantasy series mixes strong messages with violence.

Kid, 11 years old June 8, 2012

Electrifying New Show

This electrifying new show from Disney XD and the creators of Once Upon a Time (a tween-and-up-friendly show that is simply magical) is filled with jaw-dropping animation, special effects, and intriguing story. It's animated, so parents, you think it's more for kids than the live-action movies, but it's still pretty heavy on the violence, disc wars, and major peril. Seeing programs being derezzed and their strong fear of being derezzed may be distressing for younger viewers. There are positive messages and role models. There is a bit of very mild sexual references, though it will go over kids' heads. There is also flirting. There is a lot of consumerism since this TV show is all part of the whole TRON series. The first TRON thing was the movie TRON. Then, in 2010, TRON: Legacy came out. TRON: Legacy was very popular with kids, having TRON Disney merchandise everywhere and it being having a lot of trailers, and a music video from Daft Punk showing before a lot of Disney kids' movies. Kids were also attracted by it by all the light cycle battles and disc wars in live action, especially in IMAX 3D. However, there is no products seen in this TV show. Overall, I recommend this for young tweens who can't watch Once Upon a Time yet (check out my review for that).
Parent Written byR. Lyman January 19, 2013

Sad to never see this show again for 2nd season.

It's a shame that there's a HIGH possibility of this show's 2nd season not to be renewed, but my final words for this show are not to be forgotten: TRON LIVES! and...BECK LIVES!. Though we'll never find out whether our questions for this show will be answered such as: How did Ada die since it was mentioned that Quorra is the last ISO in the Grid? Do our favourite characters (Beck, Mara, Zed, Abel, Hopper, etc.) from this show still exist? Did Pavel get to be the REPLACEMENT FOR Tesler even if Tesler is alive? We may never know, but the uprising sure does answered our questions related to Tron: Legacy that is including missing-disk-makes-you-a-stray issue. For now, I'll just keep on hoping that may these questions be answered in the upcoming Tron movie sequel...if possible.
Adult Written byrinzler the hunter July 20, 2012

inconditional Tron fan

ok, I am a big Tron fan, 39yrs and not a parent. I really like this show, I'd say there is some violence but since the characters are not humans, it's ok with me. The story and the action is great and there is some homages to the 1982 movie in the dialogues and in some characters (mcp guards for example and when paige tells beck "you should join me...we'd make a great team) There is plot substance too. I only wonder: is this show popular enough to span another season? How many ppl watch this show actually? time will tell, I guess. For now, I am happy with it and will buy the DVD when it comes out.
Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2012

AMAZING SHOW!

You guys don't have to be so sensitive. It's a wonderful show, I'm 12 (13 in a week) and Iove it. There is violence, but it's just animation AND being "derezzed" is just them falling into millions of squares. The world of Tron is very thrilling and younger children would only have a problem, because the story can be hard to follow for children under 8. The violence is not THAT bad, disk battles, cycle chases, and more are in the show, but it's OK because it's animated. I saw in an earlier review that they were concerned about the club scene, that was a teens club and there isn't alchohol in Tron, they're computer programs so they have this special energy stuff they drink. There was dancing there. There was flirting, if ur children watch most Disney and Nick shows, there's tons of that. This is mostly an action show with a bit of romance sprinkled in OCCASIONALY, in fact, that "romance" turned into a dilemma with action. I would suggest this for children looking for action. But, since the show has been going for a while, they will need to go to the website to get caught up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAbe1998 June 11, 2012

Surprisingly a FANTASTIC show!

I've been watching all the episodes and I am totally in love with it! All the episodes are so good! I'm surprised it turned out so well. Violence 6/10: While having no blood in it, the show does have some pretty violent scenes for a kid's show. Some of the violence includes people getting energy discs impaled into their bodies, someone getting punched through the head by a villain, and one episode that shows a person crawling on the ground without any legs. The blood is replaced with a pixel-like substance, which is always shown when a character gets "derezzed." The pixels include colors that are usually either orange, red, or turquoise. Sexual content 1/10: Only some mild flirting. One character, thinking that she is going to die, almost admits her personal feelings for one of the characters that she likes. Language 1/10: No cussing at all. Only insults like "pathetic" and "stupid." Alcohol use 2/10: A couple episodes show the main characters hanging out at what looks like a club, and blue drinks can be seen, but nobody is getting drunk or doing anything while in the club that would concern parents. Overall, this is an amazing show with strong messages on friendship, standing up for what is right, loyalty, and how making certain decisions can affect your life. Very good show! Bravo!!!!
Kid, 11 years old May 20, 2012

A Bit More Violent

Tron Uprising has really strong and powerful messages to give to younger kids but is a bit more violent than the movies. Like the Clone Wars this show is addicting to watch and very jaw-dropping on the action. Bombs, Murders, discs, and messages wraps all of the personalaties of the entire show and puts people to the test. That is why I give this five out of five stars.