All member reviews for Tyler Perry's Meet the Browns

Not too much iffy stuff, but not aimed at kids, either.

Teen, 13 years old Written byGymnastE13 December 19, 2013

Great!

I think this show is really good. I watch it with my dad, and my 10 year old brother. As a thirteen year old, I think this show is really funny and a good comedy/drama. I think its also a family show in my opinion. There isn't really anything wrong with this show.
Parent Written bySTUTUFFS April 1, 2013

I HATE THE SHOW...

I was sitting at home bored the other evening flipping channels and I came across Tyler Perry's "Meet the Browns" television sitcom. With nothing else to watch I decided to give the show a try, the worst mistake of my life. The show was terrible. I couldn't decide which was worse the very annoying laugh track that seemed to go off every 5 seconds at what was supposed to be humor or the idiot dressed in very tightly fitting clothes who seems to be slightly retarded. How can such a great writer in Tyler Perry who has found success in making us laugh and opening our eyes to the struggles of everyday life with his great stage plays and movies fall so far off base with this terrible television show. At this point in his career I'm sure he has people who write and direct some of his productions for him, I would hate to believe that he writes the material for "Meet the Browns." This show is an embarrassment and a dark cloud over all of the successful things that he has produced thus far in his career. With there being a major shortage of African-American sitcoms on television now days its very sad that "Meet the Browns" is all we have to represent us to the world. When I hear the name of that show all I can think about is the seemingly out of shape black man, dressed up in skin tight clothing, with a very high pitched voice who doesn't seem to have any kind of education. Sure, you may say, "stop trippin' that its just a television show," but to some its symbolic of how far the black man has fallen from prominence. They laugh at us, saying that they have us right where they want us. Don't get me wrong, I know that it didn't began with this show and I know it doesn't end with this show. There is enough blame to go around 1000 times over and honestly I think the blame game has gotten old, I think it's time for the change game. It's time to turn our backs on negative media and I mean that for everyone. Any rapper, singer entertainer or athlete that promotes Black Hate we should stop supporting. Lets stop listening to and buying music and movies that promote hatred of our people and especially our women by calling them B's and H's or saying that we should use and play them or media that promotes them as being only sexual objects and not the Queens that they truly are. Its time we become more conscience of this hate media that we've been supporting for years now. Lets demand change from the radio and television stations and tell them we don't want to hear it or see it any longer. Lets start standing for something instead of nothing, regain our voice that has be silent for almost 4 decades now. We need our Women to be Ladies and we men must treat them as such and we need our Men to be Men and start acting as such. Once we end the division we can then stop being conquered
Teen, 13 years old Written bychristian boy February 4, 2013

good christian show

This show is about a christian family called the browns.The show in my opinion has really good messages they barely swear maybe every 20 episodes you will hear a brief d*mn or b*stard but its always brief the show is hilarious in a nice clean christian way.On the show they sometimes use the word crack or weed.The sex in the show is very little sasha and will sometimes say lets go to room 301 and renee says i see what you do in there but overall this show is a wholesome clean christian comedy.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybkid March 13, 2011

OK... A Little Iffy

Teen, 13 years old Written byMya12345678 March 5, 2011

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! MR. BROWN IS VERY FUNNY!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 7 year old Written byawakened83 January 13, 2011

bad message on family values. someboy sold out.

Obvious racial degradement. Tylerr perry is not who he says he is beacue honestly if he can get a show on a network it should so wholesome families the drama is not a depiction of actual reality . I would atleast expect him to respect the belief n god he claims to know. Not make a joke out of the characters who have solid footing. And thee notion of right and wrong. Seems the characters with good advice are mocked and ridiculed. Weird.
Kid, 12 years old November 25, 2010

meet the browns

haha ha this is so funny it makes me laugh my head off it has little things that i woudl not usally not let a child see sometimes and the funniest things on tv
Kid, 12 years old June 27, 2010

GREAt! luv dis show it is so good and funny
Kid, 12 years old March 11, 2010

MEET THE BROWNS SHOW

I LOVE IT WATCH IT EVERY WEDNESDAY ITS THE BEST AND ITS HILARIOUS.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byfly_high March 3, 2010

Bad to the bone

Hate it. It just promotes more stereotypes of Blacks. No need to watch. I would consider the show socially violent.
Parent Written bykfarm4 April 24, 2009

meet the browns

it is very funny it the funny movies