All member reviews for Uncle Grandpa

Bizarre 'toon gets laughs with absurdity, gross-out humor.

Teen, 16 years old Written byTelevisedTomfoolery November 13, 2013

Analysis of Uncle Grandpa

Do you remember that CGI cartoon Nickelodeon put out a few years ago titled Fanboy and ChumChum? Compared to Uncle Grandpa, Fanboy and ChumChum is actually watchable. The plot goes that.....actually, I don't think there is much of a plot to this show. It's about an old Leprechaun-looking man with the voice of Patrick Star after a stroke and his "random" comrades on poorly-written misadventures. There are no morals and the show doesn't promote good behavior and can be seen overall as a bad influence. Uncle Grandpa tries too hard to be funny through his dialoge. The show really knows how to beat a dead horse. Uncle Grandpa, the "Good Morning" gimmick is never going to get funny, no matter how many times you say it in an episode. The animation itself is too spastic and can be disturbingly-gross at times. This is the kind of stuff you don't want your child emulating. I don't recommend this show to anyone, especially not children.
Adult Written byJEDI micah September 19, 2013

Doesn't really make sense.

At first, I was kinda excited to see this cartoon (since I LOVE cartoons!), but as I watched the first & second episodes, it didn't appeal to me as I thought it would. It's rather weird, gross, and kinda disturbing. And I don't even know how it's possible for one man to be everyone's uncle and grandpa at the same time! Cartoon Network doesn't really need this show. It has WAYYY better cartoons than this.
Kid, 10 years old September 2, 2013

Giant Realistic Flying Tiger!

Uncle Grandpa Is A Creative, Bizarre, And Funny Toon About A Person Named Uncle Grandpa.He Goes On Wild Adventures.He Has Lots Of Friends,Including A Piece Of Pizza,A Tiger,And Many More.I Think It's A Spinoff From Secret Mountain Fort Awesome.Kids Ages 8-12 Will Enjoy Uncle Grandpa's Plots,Gross Out Humor,But Parents May Not.
Kid, 11 years old November 10, 2013

annoying and cliche

Uncle Grandpa is a highly immature cartoon based on an old man who obnoxiously helps random kids on adventures, for he is, apparently, everybody's uncle and grandpa. I detest this show. It's EXTREMELY cliche at times, and also extremely ANNOYING. Not much thought at all seems to have been put into this show, and Cartoon Network is failing to entertain me these days with these worse and worse shows.
Kid, 12 years old November 5, 2013

This show is not worth your time

Uncle Grandpa the incest show ah yes, this show could have been good but they just somehow screwed it up. Maybe because it was made by the person who made Secret Mountain Fort Awesome. I swear to god that show was just so bad i don't want to review it. Uncle Grandpa is a show about some guy with his gang that are just as stupid as him well besides Mr. Gus hes the only one that is understanding. In every episode the cast get more stupid by the minute. The new one i think it tells kids to rob a bank by dancing in lasers. One teaches you that if you do not have a nickname your lame. I mean come on who cares. And Uncle Grandpa annoying catchphrase GOOD MORNING! God it will take a miracle to end this show. It kinda dumb that a grown man is afraid of the dark and he is going to try to help a little girl who is also afraid of the dark. Oh and the girls screams for help when Uncle Grandpa brakes in. And the worst one Uncle Grandpa Ate My Homework.... what? That not a good title for a episode. I can explain this one as well of how bad it is. Overall the show is so bad it should not even have existed in the first place. Its just Bad.
Written byAnonymous September 16, 2013

I TRIED to get into it...

When will Cartoon Network realize Regular Show and Adventure Time aren't popular for they're surrealism? Newsflash, they're actually popular for their good writing and characters. Cartoons shouldn't feel like reality, but they SHOULDN'T feel like an acid trip EITHER.
Kid, 11 years old November 27, 2013

Meh

The cover screen itself describes the ecstatic theme of the whole show. While I might enjoy the show a small bit myself, the stuff that happens in this show almost seems like a hallucination, including the fact Uncle Grandpa has detachable heads and balloon eyes. (To be honest, the things that happen here can confuse you)
Kid, 10 years old September 25, 2013

Pretty okay show

This show follows a character named.. just call him "Uncle Grandpa". I honestly thought this was gonna be a stupid show. Then I got to watch it. The usual plot is a child with a problem they need to deal with and Uncle Grandpa helps solve it and it's pretty entertaining. At the end, you get to watch something a bit extra that's ALSO entertaining.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillonaire September 22, 2013

Ugh

Hate this show
Kid, 9 years old September 5, 2013

Uncle grandpa review

I think it's a good cartoon
Parent Written byCartoon Guy August 30, 2013

Uncle Grandpa is a throwback silly comedy!

Just watched the Tiger Trails episode. Some kind of free sneak preview going around for the holiday weekend. It's like a variety show. Silly gags and funny characters that are sort of a family.
Adult Written bythegin March 16, 2015

uncle Grandpa gives nightmares to a kid

My daughter is 7 and came home after watching this at her Dad's and is having nightmares about it. After looking it up on Google I can see why. Not everything on kids networks are kid appropriate anymore!
Kid, 11 years old March 16, 2015

Horrible, Horrible Show

This show is not recommended to watch. The characters are very rude and mean to one another, and the show in general is not a very good influence. The one thing I want to add was not said in the Common Sense review. This is that I am appalled by the way girls are shown. PLEASE READ THIS: Not only are the kids Uncle Grandpa "helps" are all boys (rarely girls), but that teenage girls are depicted horribly. The are ALL tall, have big waists but thin stomachs, high squeaky voices and tight short clothing. All the kids depicted are VERY strange looking, and there is many "gross" elements that are not necessary. Uncle Grandpa's voice is dopey and annoying, and not a good role-model for kids. The only one remotely close to a role model would be Mr. Gus, but not really. I WOULD NOT WATCH THIS SHOW!!!!
Educator and Parent of a 5 and 9 year old Written bymommabear26 March 15, 2015

WHY?!?

This show is truly an example of horrible media!!! I tell my children, "If you you watch Uncle Grandpa it will turn your brain to mush". I'm not a parent that makes my kids watch only educational TV, I do allow some fun, silly shows, however, this, along with a few other are absolutely OFF LIMITS!
Educator and Parent of a 4 year old Written byJoshB 2 March 8, 2015

Excellent fantasy

I love this show and believe it stimulates creativity. The animation is bizarre and silly, but we need more of that today. It is a feel-good show that my son loves and we laugh hysterically at the Flying Tiger.
Adult Written byfranciscoo March 2, 2015

Dumb and Flashy replaces creativity

The stories are incredibly complex and equally useless. The show instills no educational or creative values in children or adults. There is no rationale to what the show's purpose is, other than to keep kids hooked with bright colors and unconventional twists in reality. It helps no one and it needs to end.
Adult Written bybrian_s_wong February 26, 2015

Don't even bother watching this

Uncle Grandpa is the most random, pointless show ever. Uncle Grandpa takes randomness and cinematic convenience to a whole new level. A couple years back came Adventure Time, it was a run-away success with it's loveable characters and random jokes. I suppose that's what Uncle Grandpa is attempting to achieve, but failing miserably due to the lack of a storyline, plot, structure and common sense. Just don't watch it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycartjf February 23, 2015

I just can't

I really hate show, and i hate how cartoon network thinks that their viewers are a bunch 6 years olds, judging by the cartoon shows that they air today, kinda like this one. Our protagonist Uncle Grandpa, who anyone with a mind, would quickly know that he represents a grown man with mental disabilities who breaks into kids homes and claims that he's there Uncle and Grandpa. "Yeah totally child friendly" says my irony. now ignore the idea and you get a show full of toilet humor. It's like the writers of show, know that all kids are stupid in general and they'll laugh at anything they see that looks funny basically a kid that would enjoy a movie from happy madison productions. So i can recommend this show to any kid that likes happy madison productions because they will enjoy this show! again says my irony.
Parent of a 15 year old Written byjeffreyc February 17, 2015

Let your kids imagination grow

With all the boring, mainstream, violent shows on TV today, Uncle Grandpa is one of the few shows where kids can grow their imagination and have fun. This show empowers kids imaginations and is what cartoons stand for! So all you liberal heli parents come at me because Uncle G rocks
Adult Written bybeastboybrown February 9, 2015

If I could give it a 0 star I would.

Hello I am 19, and here is my opinion This show is nasty gross and makes you feel dumber after seeing. In all honesty I think they should burn this show and make it vanish. As an American this even makes me feel a bit offended dealing with such garbage. I feel jealous of Japans anime and would rather have any family member watch that. I had my GFs cousin over and we showed her parents that show. They didnt even know what she was watching and understand what they were showing them. They were shocked that Cartoon Network would do something worse then Ren and Stimpy. I didnt even think it was possible.