All member reviews for Uncle Grandpa

Bizarre 'toon gets laughs with absurdity, gross-out humor.

Educator and Parent of a 4 year old Written byJoshB 2 March 8, 2015

Excellent fantasy

I love this show and believe it stimulates creativity. The animation is bizarre and silly, but we need more of that today. It is a feel-good show that my son loves and we laugh hysterically at the Flying Tiger.
Kid, 11 years old November 10, 2013

annoying and cliche

Uncle Grandpa is a highly immature cartoon based on an old man who obnoxiously helps random kids on adventures, for he is, apparently, everybody's uncle and grandpa. I detest this show. It's EXTREMELY cliche at times, and also extremely ANNOYING. Not much thought at all seems to have been put into this show, and Cartoon Network is failing to entertain me these days with these worse and worse shows.
Kid, 12 years old November 27, 2013

NO NO NO NO NO!!!! Just no.

This show definetly sucks to the tops! No plot, makes no sense at all!!! All the characters make no sense at all and this show barely has any audience. Cartoon Network to take it off TV and "GOOD MORNING" gets annoying and stuck in you're head. This show can do pretty bad brain damage and NO ONE, I MEAN NO ONE, should watch it, especially little kids because it is teaching you to eat you're homework (according to an episode title, Uncle Grandpa Ate My Homework. That's not a good title for a episode) In one episode, Uncle Grandpa (who is a grown man) is afraid of the dark and he is going to try to help a little girl who is also afraid of the dark. Pizza Steve can be a bad example because he thinks he's the best and he thinks he's cool and that could teach kids to think that way too and they could start to act that way to people. Regular Show is recommended instead!
Kid, 9 years old September 5, 2013

Uncle grandpa review

I think it's a good cartoon
Parent Written byJayce8654 January 22, 2015

Been watching since debut

My sons have been watching Uncle Grandpa, clarence, regular show, adventure time, etc, etc. for a long time. I recently DVR'ed several episodes of several childrens shows and watched all of them, all of them! I believed that these shows were harmless. This 'experiment' as opened my eyes to the new age of television shows this generation is experiencing. I feel that all of the above mentioned are all in the same ballpark as far as crudeness, grossness, and overall creepiness and weirdness. However, Uncle Grandpa is far and away the worse of all of them; its not just all of the above it also is just plain dumb. I felt as if it was making me less intellectual by the moment as I watch 3 or 4 episodes and stopped. I couldnt do it. It is an awful show in so many ways. This is one that I am not allowing my 7 year old to watch anymore. I also feel that NO 10 and under child should watch this show. In many other reviews of all these shows I mention state of maturity and intelligence being a deciding factor; this is not the case for this particular review. Thank you
Adult Written byJEDI micah September 19, 2013

Doesn't really make sense.

At first, I was kinda excited to see this cartoon (since I LOVE cartoons!), but as I watched the first & second episodes, it didn't appeal to me as I thought it would. It's rather weird, gross, and kinda disturbing. And I don't even know how it's possible for one man to be everyone's uncle and grandpa at the same time! Cartoon Network doesn't really need this show. It has WAYYY better cartoons than this.
Kid, 10 years old September 2, 2013

Giant Realistic Flying Tiger!

Uncle Grandpa Is A Creative, Bizarre, And Funny Toon About A Person Named Uncle Grandpa.He Goes On Wild Adventures.He Has Lots Of Friends,Including A Piece Of Pizza,A Tiger,And Many More.I Think It's A Spinoff From Secret Mountain Fort Awesome.Kids Ages 8-12 Will Enjoy Uncle Grandpa's Plots,Gross Out Humor,But Parents May Not.
Parent Written bycedar fever July 2, 2015

Pedophile's Tool

I'm not joking. Uncle Grandpa is a term that is code for pedis. This character spends way too much time with little boys. Lots of emphasis on the crotch. The pizza slice forever has dripping pizza like testicles. I saw one episode where someone is pulling on a foot and it was like masturbation. Hiding someone in a closet like it's nothing. Very disturbing. Parents need to watch if they thinks it's ok. Good God people, protect your kids!
Adult Written bybeastboybrown February 9, 2015

If I could give it a 0 star I would.

Hello I am 19, and here is my opinion This show is nasty gross and makes you feel dumber after seeing. In all honesty I think they should burn this show and make it vanish. As an American this even makes me feel a bit offended dealing with such garbage. I feel jealous of Japans anime and would rather have any family member watch that. I had my GFs cousin over and we showed her parents that show. They didnt even know what she was watching and understand what they were showing them. They were shocked that Cartoon Network would do something worse then Ren and Stimpy. I didnt even think it was possible.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykajex2002 February 5, 2015

super fun

SUPER FUN
Parent Written byDa_532 October 2, 2014

My HONEST Opinion

Oh god I'm going to try to curse during this review but this show should be watched by know body with a brain,I can not expel my hate enough. This show is about a magical man who drives round in a RV with a tiger that poops rainbows? A small scale Godzilla, A slice of pizza that has a ego to big for it to possibly have friends and sometimes others. This uncle grandpa character is allegedly everyone in the worlds uncle and grandpa (the dirty sod) so he goes round fixing these problems whilst also making them worse. It tries to be weird and its not funny. You see in TV shows the norm is characters that are weird are funny, uncle grandpa IS NOT FUNNY! Conclusion: I would never let my kids watch this ever (and i let them watch some weird things sometimes). Its not funny and it tries to hard to be Final Words: annoying and weird
Teen, 13 years old Written byCartoonMan December 31, 2013

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING

Uncle Grandpa obviously relies on absurd and gross humor in order to get its laughs. However, it is apparent that the show is trying to hard to make kids laugh. The opening sequence is enough evidence for that. The creators of this show are sitting in their seats, laughing at how clever they think they are. The iconic catchphrase "Good morning!" is repeated so many times it loses the little humor it never had. It tries to be funny by being nonsensical, but ends up being just plain nonsensical.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTelevisedTomfoolery November 13, 2013

Analysis of Uncle Grandpa

Do you remember that CGI cartoon Nickelodeon put out a few years ago titled Fanboy and ChumChum? Compared to Uncle Grandpa, Fanboy and ChumChum is actually watchable. The plot goes that.....actually, I don't think there is much of a plot to this show. It's about an old Leprechaun-looking man with the voice of Patrick Star after a stroke and his "random" comrades on poorly-written misadventures. There are no morals and the show doesn't promote good behavior and can be seen overall as a bad influence. Uncle Grandpa tries too hard to be funny through his dialoge. The show really knows how to beat a dead horse. Uncle Grandpa, the "Good Morning" gimmick is never going to get funny, no matter how many times you say it in an episode. The animation itself is too spastic and can be disturbingly-gross at times. This is the kind of stuff you don't want your child emulating. I don't recommend this show to anyone, especially not children.
Adult Written bythegin March 16, 2015

uncle Grandpa gives nightmares to a kid

My daughter is 7 and came home after watching this at her Dad's and is having nightmares about it. After looking it up on Google I can see why. Not everything on kids networks are kid appropriate anymore!
Kid, 12 years old May 3, 2014

Just horrible. Watch it if you want to teach your kids to be annoying

This show is disgusting! Not only does it teach your kids nothing, (besides act like a total moron) but it has a terrible plot and it's just gross! What were they thinking?
Teen, 16 years old Written byDevon Nash March 11, 2014

No Where Near Appropriate For Children... Don't let kids watch, you will regret it

This show, what can I say? Gross humor, violence, and the WEIRDEST idea for a cartoon character. A man who's everyone in the worlds Uncle and Grandpa.... does this sound like something you would let your kids watch? Still not sure, here more. This man's "Best friends/roommates" is a talking slice of pizza who's so sardonic and so coincided it make me puke, a green dinosaur who's probably the ONLY sane THING in this show, a Giant Realistic Flying Tiger (that's the name, Seriously) who poops a rainbow when "She/It" flies, and this rainbow doubles as a weapon. If I could, I wouldn't let my nephews watch this. This show probably is the reason that most parents say that TV Kills the Brain Cells. Don't let your kids watch this.. Please.
Parent Written bycybele May 30, 2015

Grooming

***I'd like to correct a mistake in my following review. This is not the same man that created Flapjack, but my view about that show stands. **** My boyfriend and I have talked quite a but about this show. We both formerly held jobs dealing with information concerning certain elements of society and it has, for better or worse, colored our views when it comes to our mutual appreciation of cartoons in general. In essence, this show does not pass our 'real life' test. Many shows (like Clarence, Steven Universe and a few others) do well. They have positive messages, values, consequences, conflict resolution (Clarence is exceptionally good at this, as it deals with awkward real life dynamics in a pure way-single mom with a live in boyfriend, being a single child, a friend who is a poor kid living in a trailer park with several siblings, another friend with 2 moms who may or may not be 'over-momming')and just feel good even though we may have an issue with some of the aesthetics. If we were to put Uncle Grandpa in a real life situation, we would have a child predator. Imagine a grown man who just happens to show up out of any legitimate context into kids rooms. The veneer may be distracting to some, but the bottom line is that we have a grown man spending a suspicious amount of time with kids. And that fanny pack... One episode in particular illustrates my point about morality. Uncle Grandpa thinks the pizza character has another best friend beside him. His solution? Locate this character and remove him. He found who he believed was his replacement and shot him out of a cannon into space. There was no addressing the wrong of his action, only an oops when realizing he was mistaken. No remorse, or effort to save the other person (by the way, we all know there are people in jail with the same idea about how to handle someone with property or a relationship they feel they deserve more). If that wasn't bad enough, in this same episode, while looking for the mystery person, Uncle Grandpa opens a closet door in which we see a person who is very clearly being held captive and has been for a while judging by his fearful and malnourished state. He promptly shuts the door again with something akin to an 'oh it's just you' reaction. This is a very disturbing show and for some reason CN tries very very VERY hard to make us like it. No other show has as many ad spots. And the creator is the same person who created Flapjack. A show where a grown man (who is a pirate) keeps a little boy on his ship (anyone know the history of sailors and how it was common to have little boys on board?) with the promise of finding a 'Candy Island'. :/ I end with reminding parents how pedophiles love the media. In the entertainment industry , the media is reffered to as a 'Mecca' for them. Kids are easy to influence and child stars are often left unattended by thier parents. Do your research on pedophilia in Hollywood. You'll never look at boy bands and kids reality shows the same. The truth is ugly. Very ugly. And, by the way...the voice of the old man on Family Guy was given an honorary membership into NAMBLA. Whether he was proud of it who knows, but the character obviously meets thier approval.
Educator and Parent Written byFatherwithkids May 16, 2015

Why the popularity with cartoons that hide inappropriate actions with nonsensical themes

Parent Written byA1rh3ad September 28, 2014

Goofy and childish humor

It's really zany and silly but that's what kids want. Your kids can't be serious %100 of the time. Hidden morals about kindness and responsibility are peppered throughout too. Pizza Steve tends to mess up by being selfish or lazy and the rest of the crew need to clean up his mess. Uncle Grandpa's main objective is to help others and be nice to the children. I don't see what the big deal is. I just joined common sense media because people seem to not be showing much common sense on here.
Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2014
Really Cartoon Network? This show is crap. Not that funny and too confusing, which makes the show more stupid. 1 and a half stars. Mr Gus was the only passable character.