All member reviews for Uncle Grandpa

Bizarre 'toon gets laughs with absurdity, gross-out humor.

Parent of a 3 and 4 year old Written byKroNos The Great June 11, 2015

Why does this cartoon exist. Its not appropriate for anyone to watch. For one his name is uncle grandpa,that's ridiculous itself. For two, he seems to be making fun of people with a mental disease. He talks to a slice of pizza, a lizard man with anger and depression issues, and a tiger who farts rainbows to fly. To add to the already bad situation he drives a white van to find kids, with a side ready robot with a 3rd leg ( sexual influence) who seems to be a malfunction like his owner. The cartoon should be banned from all children networks and possibly taking to court for its inappropriate actions. I feel bad for adults with mental disabilities who bump into this show flipping through channels. I feel like I was being made fun of. Shame on you cartoon network. Stop trying to dumb down are kids with these ridiculous cartoons...
Parent of a 15 year old Written byjeffreyc February 17, 2015

Let your kids imagination grow

With all the boring, mainstream, violent shows on TV today, Uncle Grandpa is one of the few shows where kids can grow their imagination and have fun. This show empowers kids imaginations and is what cartoons stand for! So all you liberal heli parents come at me because Uncle G rocks
Written byAnonymous February 9, 2014

"Hello, Uncle Steeeeve!"

A middle-aged (maybe older) man with a protruding gut, a bushy red mustache, an elongated face, bucked-teeth, glazed eyes, stubby, hairless legs, and a questionable lump on the crown of his head claims to be everyone's "uncle and grandpa". I tried to like this show, I truly did. But I learned during that period of my life that in order to favor something you can't try to favor it; you either like it or not. For me, I'm part of the latter. Before we get to the show, let's begin with the name: "Uncle Grandpa". At first glance, it sounds cute, childish, but you soon realize it's referencing incest pretty blatantly. Uncle Grandpa's behavior and mannerisms aren't really helping to make his sketchy name less sketchy. He tends to slur his words a bit, and the way he speaks is a little too much like an eight-year-old child as opposed to the middle-aged (?) man his "luxuriously thick" mustache clearly reveals him to be. He lives in a magical trailer home with a sensible lizard-man/mini-Godzilla/missing link/dinosaur (...?) an egomaniac pizza in sunglasses, a still image of a realistic tiger, and a fanny-pack with the zipper for his communicative mouth. They travel across the world, going on adventures, and assisting children far and wide. What strikes me is how their parents have no recollection of the cheeky dimwit, but the children... well, every child knows Uncle Grandpa. I always ask the question when I watch this show is why did they have to make him so... old? You wouldn't want your child befriending a seemingly elderly man claiming to be their uncle and grandpa when you have absolutely no idea who he is. It's as unsettling as if your child came up to you and said he'd like to go camping in the woods tonight because his tall and faceless friend said he'd like to have s'mores. Uncle Grandpa is not Santa Claus. If anything, he resembles Krampus more than he resembles the jolly fellow. Santa Claus does not take children on "adventures" without the children's or their parent's proper consent. I know for certain I'm exaggerating the meaning of a children's cartoon. But, really, would you want to play games with a grandpa in skin-tight lederhosen?
Kid, 10 years old September 2, 2013

Giant Realistic Flying Tiger!

Uncle Grandpa Is A Creative, Bizarre, And Funny Toon About A Person Named Uncle Grandpa.He Goes On Wild Adventures.He Has Lots Of Friends,Including A Piece Of Pizza,A Tiger,And Many More.I Think It's A Spinoff From Secret Mountain Fort Awesome.Kids Ages 8-12 Will Enjoy Uncle Grandpa's Plots,Gross Out Humor,But Parents May Not.
Educator and Parent of a 4 year old Written byJoshB 2 March 8, 2015

Excellent fantasy

I love this show and believe it stimulates creativity. The animation is bizarre and silly, but we need more of that today. It is a feel-good show that my son loves and we laugh hysterically at the Flying Tiger.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykajex2002 February 5, 2015

super fun

Teen, 13 years old Written bychocoluv March 23, 2014

This show is... annoying

This show is so annoying and the only word you'll basically here is "GOOD MORNING!" in a very annoying voice. Too disgusting. Watch Adventure Time, SpongeBob SquarePants, or The Mr. Men Show instead.
Kid, 11 years old November 10, 2013

annoying and cliche

Uncle Grandpa is a highly immature cartoon based on an old man who obnoxiously helps random kids on adventures, for he is, apparently, everybody's uncle and grandpa. I detest this show. It's EXTREMELY cliche at times, and also extremely ANNOYING. Not much thought at all seems to have been put into this show, and Cartoon Network is failing to entertain me these days with these worse and worse shows.
Adult Written byJEDI micah September 19, 2013

Doesn't really make sense.

At first, I was kinda excited to see this cartoon (since I LOVE cartoons!), but as I watched the first & second episodes, it didn't appeal to me as I thought it would. It's rather weird, gross, and kinda disturbing. And I don't even know how it's possible for one man to be everyone's uncle and grandpa at the same time! Cartoon Network doesn't really need this show. It has WAYYY better cartoons than this.
Kid, 9 years old September 5, 2013

Uncle grandpa review

I think it's a good cartoon
Parent Written byJayce8654 January 22, 2015

Been watching since debut

My sons have been watching Uncle Grandpa, clarence, regular show, adventure time, etc, etc. for a long time. I recently DVR'ed several episodes of several childrens shows and watched all of them, all of them! I believed that these shows were harmless. This 'experiment' as opened my eyes to the new age of television shows this generation is experiencing. I feel that all of the above mentioned are all in the same ballpark as far as crudeness, grossness, and overall creepiness and weirdness. However, Uncle Grandpa is far and away the worse of all of them; its not just all of the above it also is just plain dumb. I felt as if it was making me less intellectual by the moment as I watch 3 or 4 episodes and stopped. I couldnt do it. It is an awful show in so many ways. This is one that I am not allowing my 7 year old to watch anymore. I also feel that NO 10 and under child should watch this show. In many other reviews of all these shows I mention state of maturity and intelligence being a deciding factor; this is not the case for this particular review. Thank you
Teen, 13 years old Written byCartoonMan December 31, 2013

Uncle Grandpa obviously relies on absurd and gross humor in order to get its laughs. However, it is apparent that the show is trying to hard to make kids laugh. The opening sequence is enough evidence for that. The creators of this show are sitting in their seats, laughing at how clever they think they are. The iconic catchphrase "Good morning!" is repeated so many times it loses the little humor it never had. It tries to be funny by being nonsensical, but ends up being just plain nonsensical.
Kid, 12 years old November 27, 2013

NO NO NO NO NO!!!! Just no.

This show definetly sucks to the tops! No plot, makes no sense at all!!! All the characters make no sense at all and this show barely has any audience. Cartoon Network to take it off TV and "GOOD MORNING" gets annoying and stuck in you're head. This show can do pretty bad brain damage and NO ONE, I MEAN NO ONE, should watch it, especially little kids because it is teaching you to eat you're homework (according to an episode title, Uncle Grandpa Ate My Homework. That's not a good title for a episode) In one episode, Uncle Grandpa (who is a grown man) is afraid of the dark and he is going to try to help a little girl who is also afraid of the dark. Pizza Steve can be a bad example because he thinks he's the best and he thinks he's cool and that could teach kids to think that way too and they could start to act that way to people. Regular Show is recommended instead!
Teen, 16 years old Written byTelevisedTomfoolery November 13, 2013

Analysis of Uncle Grandpa

Do you remember that CGI cartoon Nickelodeon put out a few years ago titled Fanboy and ChumChum? Compared to Uncle Grandpa, Fanboy and ChumChum is actually watchable. The plot goes that.....actually, I don't think there is much of a plot to this show. It's about an old Leprechaun-looking man with the voice of Patrick Star after a stroke and his "random" comrades on poorly-written misadventures. There are no morals and the show doesn't promote good behavior and can be seen overall as a bad influence. Uncle Grandpa tries too hard to be funny through his dialoge. The show really knows how to beat a dead horse. Uncle Grandpa, the "Good Morning" gimmick is never going to get funny, no matter how many times you say it in an episode. The animation itself is too spastic and can be disturbingly-gross at times. This is the kind of stuff you don't want your child emulating. I don't recommend this show to anyone, especially not children.
Adult Written bybeastboybrown February 9, 2015

If I could give it a 0 star I would.

Hello I am 19, and here is my opinion This show is nasty gross and makes you feel dumber after seeing. In all honesty I think they should burn this show and make it vanish. As an American this even makes me feel a bit offended dealing with such garbage. I feel jealous of Japans anime and would rather have any family member watch that. I had my GFs cousin over and we showed her parents that show. They didnt even know what she was watching and understand what they were showing them. They were shocked that Cartoon Network would do something worse then Ren and Stimpy. I didnt even think it was possible.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDevon Nash March 11, 2014

No Where Near Appropriate For Children... Don't let kids watch, you will regret it

This show, what can I say? Gross humor, violence, and the WEIRDEST idea for a cartoon character. A man who's everyone in the worlds Uncle and Grandpa.... does this sound like something you would let your kids watch? Still not sure, here more. This man's "Best friends/roommates" is a talking slice of pizza who's so sardonic and so coincided it make me puke, a green dinosaur who's probably the ONLY sane THING in this show, a Giant Realistic Flying Tiger (that's the name, Seriously) who poops a rainbow when "She/It" flies, and this rainbow doubles as a weapon. If I could, I wouldn't let my nephews watch this. This show probably is the reason that most parents say that TV Kills the Brain Cells. Don't let your kids watch this.. Please.
Parent Written bycybele May 30, 2015

***I'd like to correct a mistake in my following review. This is not the same man that created Flapjack, but my view about that show stands. **** My boyfriend and I have talked quite a but about this show. We both formerly held jobs dealing with information concerning certain elements of society and it has, for better or worse, colored our views when it comes to our mutual appreciation of cartoons in general. In essence, this show does not pass our 'real life' test. Many shows (like Clarence, Steven Universe and a few others) do well. They have positive messages, values, consequences, conflict resolution (Clarence is exceptionally good at this, as it deals with awkward real life dynamics in a pure way-single mom with a live in boyfriend, being a single child, a friend who is a poor kid living in a trailer park with several siblings, another friend with 2 moms who may or may not be 'over-momming')and just feel good even though we may have an issue with some of the aesthetics. If we were to put Uncle Grandpa in a real life situation, we would have a child predator. Imagine a grown man who just happens to show up out of any legitimate context into kids rooms. The veneer may be distracting to some, but the bottom line is that we have a grown man spending a suspicious amount of time with kids. And that fanny pack... One episode in particular illustrates my point about morality. Uncle Grandpa thinks the pizza character has another best friend beside him. His solution? Locate this character and remove him. He found who he believed was his replacement and shot him out of a cannon into space. There was no addressing the wrong of his action, only an oops when realizing he was mistaken. No remorse, or effort to save the other person (by the way, we all know there are people in jail with the same idea about how to handle someone with property or a relationship they feel they deserve more). If that wasn't bad enough, in this same episode, while looking for the mystery person, Uncle Grandpa opens a closet door in which we see a person who is very clearly being held captive and has been for a while judging by his fearful and malnourished state. He promptly shuts the door again with something akin to an 'oh it's just you' reaction. This is a very disturbing show and for some reason CN tries very very VERY hard to make us like it. No other show has as many ad spots. And the creator is the same person who created Flapjack. A show where a grown man (who is a pirate) keeps a little boy on his ship (anyone know the history of sailors and how it was common to have little boys on board?) with the promise of finding a 'Candy Island'. :/ I end with reminding parents how pedophiles love the media. In the entertainment industry , the media is reffered to as a 'Mecca' for them. Kids are easy to influence and child stars are often left unattended by thier parents. Do your research on pedophilia in Hollywood. You'll never look at boy bands and kids reality shows the same. The truth is ugly. Very ugly. And, by the way...the voice of the old man on Family Guy was given an honorary membership into NAMBLA. Whether he was proud of it who knows, but the character obviously meets thier approval.
Educator and Parent Written byFatherwithkids May 16, 2015

Why the popularity with cartoons that hide inappropriate actions with nonsensical themes

Kid, 10 years old November 29, 2014

The other Clarence

If your child watches Clarence, Uncle Grandpa is basically the same thing. Although, it is a little gross, but it is all animated. Unlike Clarence, people are hardly in their underwear.
Parent Written byA1rh3ad September 28, 2014

Goofy and childish humor

It's really zany and silly but that's what kids want. Your kids can't be serious %100 of the time. Hidden morals about kindness and responsibility are peppered throughout too. Pizza Steve tends to mess up by being selfish or lazy and the rest of the crew need to clean up his mess. Uncle Grandpa's main objective is to help others and be nice to the children. I don't see what the big deal is. I just joined common sense media because people seem to not be showing much common sense on here.