All member reviews for Uncle Grandpa

Bizarre 'toon gets laughs with absurdity, gross-out humor.

Kid, 11 years old March 16, 2015

Horrible, Horrible Show

This show is not recommended to watch. The characters are very rude and mean to one another, and the show in general is not a very good influence. The one thing I want to add was not said in the Common Sense review. This is that I am appalled by the way girls are shown. PLEASE READ THIS: Not only are the kids Uncle Grandpa "helps" are all boys (rarely girls), but that teenage girls are depicted horribly. The are ALL tall, have big waists but thin stomachs, high squeaky voices and tight short clothing. All the kids depicted are VERY strange looking, and there is many "gross" elements that are not necessary. Uncle Grandpa's voice is dopey and annoying, and not a good role-model for kids. The only one remotely close to a role model would be Mr. Gus, but not really. I WOULD NOT WATCH THIS SHOW!!!!
Educator and Parent of a 5 and 9 year old Written bymommabear26 March 15, 2015

WHY?!?

This show is truly an example of horrible media!!! I tell my children, "If you you watch Uncle Grandpa it will turn your brain to mush". I'm not a parent that makes my kids watch only educational TV, I do allow some fun, silly shows, however, this, along with a few other are absolutely OFF LIMITS!
Educator and Parent of a 4 year old Written byJoshB 2 March 8, 2015

Excellent fantasy

I love this show and believe it stimulates creativity. The animation is bizarre and silly, but we need more of that today. It is a feel-good show that my son loves and we laugh hysterically at the Flying Tiger.
Adult Written byfranciscoo March 2, 2015

Dumb and Flashy replaces creativity

The stories are incredibly complex and equally useless. The show instills no educational or creative values in children or adults. There is no rationale to what the show's purpose is, other than to keep kids hooked with bright colors and unconventional twists in reality. It helps no one and it needs to end.
Adult Written bybrian_s_wong February 26, 2015

Don't even bother watching this

Uncle Grandpa is the most random, pointless show ever. Uncle Grandpa takes randomness and cinematic convenience to a whole new level. A couple years back came Adventure Time, it was a run-away success with it's loveable characters and random jokes. I suppose that's what Uncle Grandpa is attempting to achieve, but failing miserably due to the lack of a storyline, plot, structure and common sense. Just don't watch it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycartjf February 23, 2015

I just can't

I really hate show, and i hate how cartoon network thinks that their viewers are a bunch 6 years olds, judging by the cartoon shows that they air today, kinda like this one. Our protagonist Uncle Grandpa, who anyone with a mind, would quickly know that he represents a grown man with mental disabilities who breaks into kids homes and claims that he's there Uncle and Grandpa. "Yeah totally child friendly" says my irony. now ignore the idea and you get a show full of toilet humor. It's like the writers of show, know that all kids are stupid in general and they'll laugh at anything they see that looks funny basically a kid that would enjoy a movie from happy madison productions. So i can recommend this show to any kid that likes happy madison productions because they will enjoy this show! again says my irony.
Parent of a 15 year old Written byjeffreyc February 17, 2015

Let your kids imagination grow

With all the boring, mainstream, violent shows on TV today, Uncle Grandpa is one of the few shows where kids can grow their imagination and have fun. This show empowers kids imaginations and is what cartoons stand for! So all you liberal heli parents come at me because Uncle G rocks
Adult Written bybeastboybrown February 9, 2015

If I could give it a 0 star I would.

Hello I am 19, and here is my opinion This show is nasty gross and makes you feel dumber after seeing. In all honesty I think they should burn this show and make it vanish. As an American this even makes me feel a bit offended dealing with such garbage. I feel jealous of Japans anime and would rather have any family member watch that. I had my GFs cousin over and we showed her parents that show. They didnt even know what she was watching and understand what they were showing them. They were shocked that Cartoon Network would do something worse then Ren and Stimpy. I didnt even think it was possible.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykajex2002 February 5, 2015

super fun

SUPER FUN
Kid, 11 years old January 26, 2015

More Junk from the Cartoons Network

I hate all shows from the Cartoon Network and this one is horrible! What is wrong with the old moustachioed person?
Educator and Parent Written bycarlv January 26, 2015

I dont understand why this is a show

this show is pointless and very odd in a creapy way. the humour seems to be very specific and i dont think theres enough people out there that like this show. It should be removed.
Parent Written byJayce8654 January 22, 2015

Been watching since debut

My sons have been watching Uncle Grandpa, clarence, regular show, adventure time, etc, etc. for a long time. I recently DVR'ed several episodes of several childrens shows and watched all of them, all of them! I believed that these shows were harmless. This 'experiment' as opened my eyes to the new age of television shows this generation is experiencing. I feel that all of the above mentioned are all in the same ballpark as far as crudeness, grossness, and overall creepiness and weirdness. However, Uncle Grandpa is far and away the worse of all of them; its not just all of the above it also is just plain dumb. I felt as if it was making me less intellectual by the moment as I watch 3 or 4 episodes and stopped. I couldnt do it. It is an awful show in so many ways. This is one that I am not allowing my 7 year old to watch anymore. I also feel that NO 10 and under child should watch this show. In many other reviews of all these shows I mention state of maturity and intelligence being a deciding factor; this is not the case for this particular review. Thank you
Parent of a 9 year old Written bymosik79 January 5, 2015

the worst cartoon for kids

there are some hidden messages that to my opinion should not be in cartoons, this seems more like an adult cartoon than for kids. Inappropriate behavior that gives our kids wrong impression. Just starting with the retarded name Uncle Grandpa is enough not to wanna watch it, but some kids might find it cool, so thats where the problem begins, they are too young to know.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMadhatter14pur December 31, 2014

Kind of dumb

It has no value or real lessons and just plain makes no sense, whatsoever. There is some form of violence in each episode though it isn't that bad. It has crude humor and is kind of boring and stupid.
Teen, 15 years old Written byChelsea was here December 17, 2014

Disgusting

CN has finally give up on finally having a good show. They either cancelled moved all of their good shows to Boomerang, which half the time you have to pay for. The characters in this are actually sickening to look at, there is no plot, and even in the first episode the main character stated that "mistakes are God's rainbows." Do NOT let your kid watch this show for it is uneducational and will probably turn your child's brain into goo.
Kid, 10 years old November 29, 2014

The other Clarence

If your child watches Clarence, Uncle Grandpa is basically the same thing. Although, it is a little gross, but it is all animated. Unlike Clarence, people are hardly in their underwear.
Kid, 10 years old October 27, 2014

Cartoon Network really outdid this one...

I think that Cratoon Network shouldn't have done this one. It's crude humor and some-what stupid storylines make it for ages... Actually, I don't think kids should watch this. Definitly wouldn't watch it, and whenever it comes on TV, I change the channel, or ignore it. It's a very retarded show, and sorry for my language, but I really think its not appropriate for kids.
Teen, 15 years old Written byliamq October 14, 2014

I would be nothing without this show

I love this show. Its all I have in life. If it were to get canceled I would eat all of my unborn children.
Parent Written byDa_532 October 2, 2014

My HONEST Opinion

Oh god I'm going to try to curse during this review but this show should be watched by know body with a brain,I can not expel my hate enough. This show is about a magical man who drives round in a RV with a tiger that poops rainbows? A small scale Godzilla, A slice of pizza that has a ego to big for it to possibly have friends and sometimes others. This uncle grandpa character is allegedly everyone in the worlds uncle and grandpa (the dirty sod) so he goes round fixing these problems whilst also making them worse. It tries to be weird and its not funny. You see in TV shows the norm is characters that are weird are funny, uncle grandpa IS NOT FUNNY! Conclusion: I would never let my kids watch this ever (and i let them watch some weird things sometimes). Its not funny and it tries to hard to be Final Words: annoying and weird
Parent of a 2 year old Written byjinx-wolf September 30, 2014

No... just no.

This show is absolutely terrible for anybody at any age. It's not funny, and extremely inappropriate.