All member reviews for Uncle Grandpa

Bizarre 'toon gets laughs with absurdity, gross-out humor.

Teen, 16 years old Written byCoffeeCake September 11, 2013

Don't let your kids watch this

These are the type of shows that are ruining cartoon network. I absolutely hate this show, it's pointless and the main character acts like a mentally disabled person...It's idiotic...And can someone please explain how it's possible to be everyone's uncle and grandpa? It just seems messed up to me.
Parent Written byTomBoyGuy September 3, 2013

GROSS

For starters there's a quote used in one of the first episodes from the main character, "Mistakes are God's rainbows." Nearly every character in this show is an eyesore so unsightly and disgusting to look at, that I consider it vaguely traumatizing; no joke. People already turned-away by things like body horror need to keep themselves and others away from this sick show.
Teen, 15 years old Written byLunarWolfe September 22, 2013

Puke on a cinema roll!

Are you kidding me? You cancel Teen Titans and Powerpuff Girls to introduce this crap? It's just puke on a cinema roll! It's disgusting, and annoying! CN, if you want to make money, bring back all the good shows you cancelled.
Parent Written byMissyRain September 9, 2013

Please only be one season...

Sometimes I feel as if CN has given up with trying to make good cartoons so they start to make shows like Uncle Grandpa ,level up, annoying orange, and all those other shows that are not even cartoons. The reason why they still play cartoons like courage the cowardly dog, and codename kids next door is because they are fun and exiting and have a great plot without being so painfully obvious about it. Uncle Grandpa basically puts together the most basic parts of cartooning which are a bunch of color and talking inanimate objects and puts them on random adventures and then want people to believe thats its a good cartoon... It's not. I find myself incredibly annoyed just at the sight of many of these characters and I still am unsure as to why uncle grandpa sounds as if he is suffering from some kind of brain damage... Personally when they stop showing this cartoon it will be better for everyone.
Parent Written byBlackLavender November 11, 2013

Repulsive !

this is the stupidest show. I honestly can't stand it, Cartoon Network is failing it's viewers with this stuff. Cartoon Network can do better, way better than this. I'd rather have my kid stare at the wall than watch this.
Written byAnonymous September 16, 2013

I TRIED to get into it...

When will Cartoon Network realize Regular Show and Adventure Time aren't popular for they're surrealism? Newsflash, they're actually popular for their good writing and characters. Cartoons shouldn't feel like reality, but they SHOULDN'T feel like an acid trip EITHER.
Kid, 10 years old September 3, 2013

THIS IS GARBAGE!

One of the worst shows on Cartoon Network along with LEVEL UP! This a shame that Cartoon Network created this piece of GARBAGE! Go watch Regular Show instead if you want an animated TV series by Cartoon Network! It also had a Giant Realistic Flying Tiger that parodied the Nyan Cat!
Parent Written byTrueStuffMan September 2, 2013

The show is funny - for the first 4 minutes. It quickly goes down to very very immature and repetitive. The reason CN has had hits over the years is because of the balance of great story telling with humor. When you take out the story, you don't have a set audience, that will recommend and praise the show, that wants to keep coming back to the universe. Uncle Grandpa ends up being a show that will be quickly unremembered when the show goes off air.
Kid, 12 years old December 6, 2013

Go home Cartoon Network, your sick.

I turned on the TV and started to barf. THIS SHOW SHOULD'NT EVEN EXIST. HERE IS ONE OF THE CHARACTER NAMES: Giant Realistic Flying Tiger. Why CN, why would you do this! You were on a great roll with Adventure Time and Regular Show but this, this should be in your wastebasket -100,000,000/10
Kid, 10 years old November 27, 2013

Not for kids - or adults either!

This is the worst show ever. I even got banned from this show that it is so bad! My dad said that it is not for grownups either! This show should be rated TV-MA-SVLD because it is the worst! The extra descriptors are for the show being the worst on Cartoon Network! There is language in Tiger Trails about rainbows (I am not spreading the word!).I would like you to watch Steven Universe or Regular Show instead! I also reviewed: The Nut Job (Crude and horrible movie!)
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byLuisionPinchLopans February 2, 2014

Terrible

This show is terrible there is nothing realistic in this show. The animation is so terrible even my 11 year old son hates it . Uncle Grandpa is annoying, none of the characters have any character to them.
Teen, 17 years old Written byndrwcd November 12, 2013

this is why i dont watch Cartoon Network as much as i use to

I like comedy,but the comedy in uncle grandpa is extremely lowbrow,crude and frankly not all that funny,not to mention the main character acts like a retard and the show itself is extremely pointless
Adult Written bysblane December 11, 2013

Ugh

It doesn't really have a point to it, there's no real plot and it teaches absolutely nothing to the viewer, it's more of an annoyance to older viewers then something I'd let a child watch.
Kid, 11 years old November 30, 2013

Rainbow Puke Garbage! Bring back the REAL Teen Titans!

Honestly the only thing good you san say is it's ... original. And even that's a strech.
Adult Written bySourGalaxy October 11, 2013

Uncle Grandpa is more of a miss than a hit

Uncle Grandpa is a new cartoon on Cartoon Network that focuses heavily on surrealism and randomness. While there is nothing too inappropriate about this cartoon, what concerns me is the quality. It feels like a rushed and bland cartoon that shows the least amount of effort possible in order to be passed off as a kids show. Trust me, this show will rot kids minds. There are better cartoons they could be watching like Phineas and Ferb or The Amazing World of Gumball. As for adults, I also suggest you stay away from this show. Uncle Grandpa treats it's audience like it's stupid, and being an adult, you will notice that this show just doesn't care.
Kid, 10 years old December 16, 2013

you might as well not even bother watching

This is a sorry exscuse for a show sloppy animation, bad language,the violence is SO bad you might as well just let kids watch robot chicken and this is coming from a 10 year old
Parent of a 3 and 4 year old Written byKroNos The Great June 11, 2015

Why?

Why does this cartoon exist. Its not appropriate for anyone to watch. For one his name is uncle grandpa,that's ridiculous itself. For two, he seems to be making fun of people with a mental disease. He talks to a slice of pizza, a lizard man with anger and depression issues, and a tiger who farts rainbows to fly. To add to the already bad situation he drives a white van to find kids, with a side ready robot with a 3rd leg ( sexual influence) who seems to be a malfunction like his owner. The cartoon should be banned from all children networks and possibly taking to court for its inappropriate actions. I feel bad for adults with mental disabilities who bump into this show flipping through channels. I feel like I was being made fun of. Shame on you cartoon network. Stop trying to dumb down are kids with these ridiculous cartoons...
Teen, 15 years old Written byJon Hardwick March 21, 2014

Feels like a show created by stoners

This show is stupid,wacky, crazy and immature. The characters are idiotic,stupid and unlikeable (especially the title character). Everything is screwed up with this show is horrible, it makes PBS kids show look like masterpieces.
Written byAnonymous February 9, 2014

"Hello, Uncle Steeeeve!"

A middle-aged (maybe older) man with a protruding gut, a bushy red mustache, an elongated face, bucked-teeth, glazed eyes, stubby, hairless legs, and a questionable lump on the crown of his head claims to be everyone's "uncle and grandpa". I tried to like this show, I truly did. But I learned during that period of my life that in order to favor something you can't try to favor it; you either like it or not. For me, I'm part of the latter. Before we get to the show, let's begin with the name: "Uncle Grandpa". At first glance, it sounds cute, childish, but you soon realize it's referencing incest pretty blatantly. Uncle Grandpa's behavior and mannerisms aren't really helping to make his sketchy name less sketchy. He tends to slur his words a bit, and the way he speaks is a little too much like an eight-year-old child as opposed to the middle-aged (?) man his "luxuriously thick" mustache clearly reveals him to be. He lives in a magical trailer home with a sensible lizard-man/mini-Godzilla/missing link/dinosaur (...?) an egomaniac pizza in sunglasses, a still image of a realistic tiger, and a fanny-pack with the zipper for his communicative mouth. They travel across the world, going on adventures, and assisting children far and wide. What strikes me is how their parents have no recollection of the cheeky dimwit, but the children... well, every child knows Uncle Grandpa. I always ask the question when I watch this show is why did they have to make him so... old? You wouldn't want your child befriending a seemingly elderly man claiming to be their uncle and grandpa when you have absolutely no idea who he is. It's as unsettling as if your child came up to you and said he'd like to go camping in the woods tonight because his tall and faceless friend said he'd like to have s'mores. Uncle Grandpa is not Santa Claus. If anything, he resembles Krampus more than he resembles the jolly fellow. Santa Claus does not take children on "adventures" without the children's or their parent's proper consent. I know for certain I'm exaggerating the meaning of a children's cartoon. But, really, would you want to play games with a grandpa in skin-tight lederhosen?
Teen, 13 years old Written bychocoluv March 23, 2014

This show is... annoying

This show is so annoying and the only word you'll basically here is "GOOD MORNING!" in a very annoying voice. Too disgusting. Watch Adventure Time, SpongeBob SquarePants, or The Mr. Men Show instead.