All teen and kid member reviews for Under the Dome

Teen, 15 years old Written byJack Sawyer July 1, 2013

Know your kid

A mostly-appropriate tv drama, under the dome has a few 'naughty' scenes, but is appropriate for the average teen.
Teen, 17 years old Written bycathycathy September 16, 2013

No sex

There has been one weak sex scene in the entire series, it is not about sex at all, not sure why the above people are lying about it. The 'sexual terms' are a matter of perception, as I did not pick up or have an issue with this.
Teen, 14 years old Written byijarritos September 25, 2013

My favorite TV Show

This show is my favorite tv show. It has such a great plot and so much potential. I'm so glad that this show is coming back for a second season!
Teen, 15 years old Written byInFRoZ March 2, 2014

This is a really good show!

I loved under the dome, I am currently waiting for the next season like alot of others! I agree with most, it has its moments with violence and blood and this should be monitored by parents who are a bit strict with this.
Kid, 10 years old November 16, 2013

under the dome

I am ten and read the book and watch the show but there is a swear word like every five seconds so I would not recommend it for young children. there is also a group of people that make meth. there are many graphic scenes so I would not recommend it for young children.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDavidHi August 9, 2013

Laughably bad at times, but still fun with some content concerns

Once you get past the sex in the first few minutes of the first episode, there aren't too many content concerns. There is relatively frequent mild language and occasional bloody violence but it is rarely over the top. The sex scene does show quite a bit though, even if it is relatively brief. The show really isn't that good though. The acting is lame, the script is even worse. However, the concept is interesting and might be worth a watch if you enjoy mysterious sic-fi stories
Teen, 13 years old Written bystudboy24 July 3, 2013

under the dome review

I think it is a very good show but may be too violent for kids under 15. It shows scenes with violent seizures and a cow cut in half. Also there is a scence with sex in the pilot lasting 10 seconds
Teen, 15 years old Written byHBayazeed July 29, 2014

A middle-of-the-road exciter.

Under the Dome is not a perfect television series, nor all the episodes are as exciting. But it is definitely intriguing to see what will happen next to Chester's Mill.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycait luvs bbc July 8, 2014

Under The Dome has an interesting story but the script makes the actors look fake

The story is interesting, with new problems popping up each show. The characters are interesting, but the script is no good. The script is so plain and boring that it makes the actors seem like they can't act, even though you have seen them in other stuff and know that they can actually act. Overall I only watch it for the story, and seeing what will happen next week, but if they do not get new writers or the script does not improve it at all and it comes back, I will not watch it next year
Kid, 11 years old February 21, 2014

Gory...

I only watched the first episode and did not watch it again, there is a herd of cows and all of a sudden a big dome hits them and splits a cow in half!!!which is VERY bloody. I love animals so I was pretty sad when I saw such a graphic image of the inside of a cow. :(
Teen, 14 years old Written bydeadstiel January 31, 2014

interesting but a little graphic at first

Under the Dome isn't an extraordinarily good show, but it is interesting and I enjoy it. The first episode was honestly the only graphic one and even then, it wasn't that bad. If people think the show is too graphic, they should read the book!
Teen, 13 years old Written byewmany October 6, 2013

13 and up.

The show is more graphic than i expected. one scene shows a cow getting spit in half, showing blood and its spine. sex is not awful i only saw 1 scene (so far) i think if your teen can handle violence good enough he/she can watch it.