All member reviews for V

Exciting sci-fi remake mixes action, moral quandaries.

Teen, 16 years old Written bySynchronicity May 19, 2010

Deserving of a second season. The best mainstream sci-fi show in years

Back in the 80's, there was a show called V. This is a remake of that show. And yet, compared to the bad shows on television these days (*cough* Two and a Half Men *cough*) and the bad remakes of classic shows (*cough* Knight Rider *cough*), V is a breath of fresh air. In this series, an alien race called the Visitors (the V in the title) lands a ship in New York, a ship in Tokyo, a ship in London...basically ships everywhere. They want to be at peace. Or so we think. An anti-Visitor rebellion group called the Fifth Column gets involved, and more secrets are revealed about the Vs. From the first episode, this series was great. It's also much more appropriate for teens than Heroes or a similar sci-fi show. But kids should probably stay away. There's quite a bit of violence, which can get gory at times, but in some disturbing sequences, the camera moves to a different scene as soon as the violent moment starts. The ideas presented (such as alien tracking of humans, the ethics issues involved, and interspecies sex) may be disturbing to some. There's occasional partial nudity and a heavily implied alien sex scene (it lasts for about 30 seconds). There's also some heavy makeout sessions between a teen character and his girlfriend. Language includes your average profanity: "d*mn", "a$$", "h*ll" and "b*tch". Overall, in an era of bad TV, V is the only major show I watch besides The Big Bang Theory. Only bad thing about V: delays that would make Lost fans jealous. It's probably going to take 6 months from now for new episodes to come. At least there will be a second season. I can't wait for it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byPunkchic November 11, 2009

Interesting, but parents watch it first!

I watched the first episode of the show because I was bored and waiting for dancing with the stars. Its very interesting actuatlly. Well let narrow the results Violence: Fighting, some blood, a couple of dead bodies. Sex: Some romance, one "Shes hot" phrase(I dont really mind this but some people do), and kissing. language: d*** is all I remember. Also, they have priests in this. I'm catholic and I think that they introduced the priests respectively, but thats just the first episode. others may disagree.
Kid, 11 years old February 19, 2011

Perfect for a very mature tween

The Message: That most people are dumb enough to believe in the stupidest things.
Parent of a 4 year old Written bySandy G November 6, 2009

It gives the message that we can be easily hoodwinked and manipulated by good looks -i.e. "if they look like us they must be ok and worthy of being trusted"
Kid, 10 years old February 27, 2011

Rated 13 for violence and some sexuality

'V' is easily the best television series I have ever seen. However, it is not appropriate for young children. There is violence, which is occasionally gory. There is one sex scene and other kissing scenes. There are two 'half alien, half human' couples, one of which have a hybrid baby. Language is very mild in this series (ass, hell, bi**h). 'V' is an incredible series which is fine for mature pre-teenagers, teenagers and adults.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynekosan February 11, 2010

Good Show

I think that overall it is a good show but geared more for older kids because the plots can get complicated for younger ones.
Teen, 13 years old Written byw1n5t0n June 23, 2010

The BEST sci-fi ever

i loved "v". i can't wait for the second season. it can be inappropriate for people under 12 at times( i.e. skinning alive, tyler and lisa's relationship), but for a mature 12+ year old it is fine.
Parent of an infant, 2, and 6 year old Written bykann262000 November 30, 2009

I love it, i think its better than the 80s version. It is sad we have to wait till spring foe it come back again. And i'm not into scifi shows.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPrincessMei November 13, 2009

Thrilling but cliche.

*SPOILER!!!* The first episode was very intense. It seemed like this was made for the big screen instead of TV. I personally found it cliche that the V's were lizard creatures. It was pretty suspenseful but it was a bit confusing in the beginning. Some of the messages in this series are both good and bad depending on your personal perspective and beliefs. Overall, it was really good and keeps you hooked until next week.
Adult Written byMi3 February 4, 2011

Teen, 13 years old Written byMoviefreak124 November 4, 2009

Scary and only if you know what a alien or lizard people are

Good if you understand whats going on some adult suggestive themes like affairs, GF+BF, Religon, and violence and a lot of blood all in all good but just talk to kids about it.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byPeaceboi January 19, 2011

some bad, & some good. But still a great show

Violence: Anna kills another V; Explosions; Skin being peeled off to show aliens underneth; & More... Sex: Two characters (from diferent sides) make out twice in front of their parents. (no naughty parts are visible) Other than that, it's all said & done.
Parent Written byDark_Princess May 14, 2012