All member reviews for Victorious

Upbeat iCarly-like tween comedy promotes confidence.

Parent of a 5 and 15 year old Written byHillsy July 31, 2011

Very Cute, Good Music, Talented Kids!

I Don't know what some of these other parents are talking about! There is NO episode where Jade, or any other character for that matter, mention, engage in, or reference sex! Trust me, I've seen every episode, more than once. They are also never in their bras! when they are too hot (because they are stuck in a mobile home at the beach that's 107 degrees inside) they are in their SWIMSUITS. My daughters LOVE the music on this show, it's very cute teen pop. There's NOTHING racy about this. There are some episodes with kissing. These are high school students, it would be unrealistic for them not to. I found a 14 year old's review mentioning the world is not rainbows and unicorns more helpful than some of the parent reviews. This is another show we watch as a family. It's silly and fun, about a group of very talented friends. I don't know what some of these parents are looking for in tv anymore. This show is no worse than the Brady Bunch when it comes to content. Teenagers have boyfriends and girlfriends and kiss and (gasp!) wear bras! They don't show them in their bras though. The girls mention it, what are teenage girls suppose to talk about, playing with Barbies? I think some people have forgotten what it's like to be a teenager. More importantly, I wonder why so many insist on banning something that's not even comparable to the shows that were on when I was a teen (90210, Melrose Place) or the things on other networks, instead of sitting down and talking to your kids about things! Watch this WITH your kids. Explain things you don't like. Remind them this is not real life. TV is not reality. TEACH your kids instead of trying to hide them from the world!
Parent of a 3, 3, 6, and 8 year old Written byelainerose February 16, 2011

Banned from my tv

HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This show is completely inappropriate for children. It shows scantily clad girls who dress and act inappropriately for their age! Not allowed in my house any longer!
Teen, 17 years old Written byOblivion709 January 12, 2011

Victorius is just a medocre show with terrible acting and unnecessary dialogue as well as bad acting.

It seems like Nickelodeon is constantly going downhill, with yet another mediocre show Victoroius. Unfortunately, its just another terrible live acting show with mediocre acting, and dry comedy that just isn't funny. There is the constant use of oh my god which 7 year olds shouldn't really be learning, plus the music is downright annoying. The role models are either annoying or painfully loud. Also, there are loads of product placement. If you want to watch a much better and funny live action show for kids, then either watch the decent icarly or the great drake and josh, but this is just not worth your time or has any appeal to kids.
Kid, 11 years old April 18, 2010

Great for Tweens and Teens

I think it's the best thing since Icarly(from the makers of icarly). Sends a positive message to go after your dreams.
Kid, 11 years old February 9, 2011

Don't let kids watch it

This show is just not for kids!!!! They wear revealing outfits, there very racists against girls, a lot of weirdos , and looks a lot like they have a lot of freedom!!!!
Kid, 9 years old September 22, 2014

victorious = great

victorious is a great show that can get a little bit of inapprpriate sometimes but still a good show can get inapporpriate ONE WORD GREAT RATTING GREAT
Adult Written byjadewestcat April 14, 2012

Should parents lets little kids watch Victorious

This show is so funny it's about teens they use not very friendly communication sometimes kids can get confused and act up ages I recommend it for 12 and older or it depends on how mature the kids are its really the parents decision
Parent Written bytrish9 July 15, 2011

good show with confident girls

I have seen just about every episode of Victorious and I never saw any girls in bras...and Jade has never made a reference to having sex with her boyfriend...I like this show...no, it's not the greatest acting, no the story lines are not emmy worthy...but it isn't meant to be...it's a nickelodean show for tweens and teens. If you think that the stuff on these shows too risky for your kids, then you are dillussional as to what they hear/see at school. And the stuff at school is not put into a positive outlook...and they rarely teach your kid anything in the end....my daughter is 5 and we have been watching the show together for about a year...she doesn't understand a lot of it...but it is funny and the music is fun and upbeat so she loves it...I refuse to shelter my kids at home and let them learn everything at school, away from me where I can't put things into context or answer questions that come up...
Kid, 11 years old May 19, 2011

Do not watch this!

I hate this show! Tori is a spoiled brat! Trina is a bad role model! Stop it common sense!!! This show is actually very violent. I have seen Tori yell and fight Trina over a billion times in this show! Parents, please make sure your kids do not watch this! Very bad! I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 7, 11, and 17 year old Written byAttorneyDanGon April 24, 2011

Promotes self confidence and friendship. Yet to much PDA (Public Display of Affection) for a teen show

Besides having a theme songs that have a catchy beat and lyrics. This show promotes self confidence and friendship . (it is quite impossible to be friends to the person who poured ICE COFFEE on your 1st day in a performing arts high school) However some of the situation. clothing and language is quite inappropriate and off course the presence of PDA (Public Display of Affection) is in almost every episode and the way they address their Theater Arts teacher by his last name (i don't know about teacher part). ANYWAY its still appropriate enough to be watch by kids 8+ (but thats for my kids) because im open to the fact that my child would encounter those factor as they go out there.
Adult Written byjanna67 October 19, 2010

Are all teens this rude?

The episode I saw had every character being rude to everyone else. Whether cutting them off while speaking, sending them all to stand in the rain, or just generally being rude, inconsiderate, greedy, selfish or sarcastic. The "good" kids are even rude to their own friends!! (And don't even get me started on the weak-willed, pushover parents!) How did this show get rated so family-friendly?!?! Is this really how you'd want to see YOUR kids behave?
Parent of a 8 year old Written bydadof1 August 30, 2010

Good show

I’ve watched this show many times with my 8 year old son and found nothing wrong at all. The show deals with real life dilemmas that kids face at school and at home in a positive manner. As for the demonized web site The Slap, I don’t see what the big deal is. My son is to young to surf the internet alone. There is nothing inappropriate at the slap, just silly videos from the cast members. Yes there is advertising and yes I say No when asked if we can buy something. It’s not hard. It’s called being a parent. One day my son will be old enough to surf the internet alone and this is a good opportunity to take the time wile we visit the Slap to talk about internet safety with him and what to look out for.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAgeRestrictionUSA February 9, 2014

Meh

Victoriuos is a good TV show for kids age 11+, with mild language like "screw". Kissing is a common act in this show also in some episodes the girls are half naked. Some episodes encourage bullying, cheating on your girlfriends/boyfriends. A quoted scene "Help me get back together with my boyfriend! I'm nothing without him! I'm hot! that's all that matters!"
Parent Written byDadaboo May 11, 2012

Just plain bad messages for kids AND teens

I just watched a full episode with my 9-year old daughter. I have never been so appalled by a kids TV show before. I'm a 50 year-old male and consider myself a moderate Democrat, and work in the TV advertising industry in the Northeast. I find iCarly entertaining and approve of it for my child. Victorious is in no way an iCarly clone. The victorious story line I viewed involved the "geeky" puppet kid going power crazy with a TMZ-type video blog, and ambushing his friends for content. The gang retaliates by blackmailing him: stealing his clothes and video taping him in just a towel. Then threatening to post it on the internet if he dooesn't agree to stop. That's a good lesson in how to resolve conflcit and bullying on the internet. Two wrongs make a right! What really blew my mind is the sub-plot of a girl in the group (who's character literally behaves as if she has an IQ of 70, yet is sooo tremendously "talented") who develops a "hilarious" catalogue shopping addiction. She ends up borrowing money and maxing out her credit card to the point that her parents take it away. Her solution? She approaches an obviously lower status student boy and asks A) Does he have a girlfriend B) Does he have a credit card. When he says No and yes she tells him to call her. It was a blatantly prostitutional proposition. This is appropriate content for tween/teen girls???? What is Nickelodeon thinking??? I had caught portions of the show recently, and wasn't very thrilled with what I saw. Which is why I made a point to evaluate it, and glad I did. For my daughter this show presents negative life lessons and extreme dysfunctional relationships with no moral balance at all. It is just not funny either. It will not be seen in my home anymore
Parent Written byTwinadoes Mommy October 14, 2011

Victoria Justice Is a postive and Talented Role Model for todays young Girls

I love this show..I watch it with my kids and somtimes on my own. This show and ICarly I beleive give a postive message about following your dreams and being your own person. Some may have issues with the dress and sexual content but that is somthing kids see all over from the media from singers, movies etc. My little ones love to dance to the songs from both shows. All parents have their own ways to raise their kids and I know that my opinion or others is not going to change the views of the other parents. I myself have no issue with this show and believe that Victoria Justice is a talented and postive role model for todays young girls. She is big on community and staying active for this generation. Much better then Miley Cyrus and Britney Spears.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byrachmarie February 16, 2011

ok for 12+

Too much kissing/boyfriend references. The first time i saw my daughter watching this (at her permissive Nana's house) I was unable to even carry on a conversation with my mom because i was so distracted by "what the heck is she watching thoughts' while one of the characters ditched her friends to have water gun fights and "juice" chugging contests with a group of boys
Teen, 14 years old Written byLearnCommonSense February 1, 2011

OKay for teenagers nnot so much for young kids.

I enjoy this show, but I am 14. I do find that the dresses Victoria Justice wears on the show are extrenely short and revealing. And sometimes the words they say are innappropriate like boobs. I do not think that is appropriate for a kids show.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byhopefull April 15, 2010

I would love to see a family shows that have more than ONE African American playing a part you have more than one race watching this program what kind of message do you think the kids see all the time.Sofar I like the show.
Parent of an infant, 6, and 8 year old Written byMomma comma July 16, 2013

Great for the family

There is some relationship stuff. They have a brand of stuff for the show, and in some episodes they talk about other products (titanic, whole episode about breakfast club). In one episode they are making fun of the breakfast club they pretend that tacos are pot but it flys over kids head. Positive messages about friendship, love, and family.
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 25, 2012

I love this show!

This show is SO funny! Sure Jade is a terrible role model but she is REALLY funny! Andre's crazy gradmother is funny too.In the episode "WiFi In The Sky" she was afraid of the numbers on her clock changing.I couldn't stop laughing!