All member reviews for What I Like About You

Unremarkable sitcom may to appeal to tweens.

Age

Kid, 10 years old May 31, 2011

hi

well... it depends on the kid.
Kid, 10 years old September 28, 2010

I have watched this many times over the summer its not bad its just that val gets married after she got drunk so mature kids only is wat i say
Parent of a 12 year old Written byBark335 May 19, 2010

Explicit on Sex

Sat down with my 12 year old to watch episode - older sister was doing a cheer routine about not wearing panties. reference later to sex with a hung over cheerleader. Hmm.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygreenactress July 9, 2009

Relax!

oh my god i LOVE this show, it's like my favorite show now, too bad they don't make any new episodes! It's not bad at all, a few references to sexual things, but it's brief and vauge, there are kisses every once and awhile but otherwise all this show is entertaining and clean. No parent should be worried.
Parent Written byMrCrocodile April 29, 2013

There Isn't Much For Me To Say

But I like it. I know it's not much but it's mine and one of my friends' favorite sitcoms. It's more for teens than Tweens as the page says. I always remember the last episode as it was probably one of the sweetest endings to a sitcom I've seen.
Parent Written bySalebxy January 25, 2013

Has anybody here ever heard of the Luna Games? They're basically a series of creepypasta/screamer pony games. So I'm trying to put up a compilation of reaction videos/audios. If anyone (brony or not) wants to give it a go and record their reactions, give me a link. Click these links to access the Luna Games. Be warned, they're creepy. Luna Game 0 Luna Game 1 Luna Game 2 Luna Game 3 Luna Game 4 Luna Game 5

I think that you must not have read it carefully. I mean, I can read EXTREMELY fast, but I always skip words if I do that and miss the awesomeness of the writing. Which is why I'm waiting to read this until I have more time. I read all of the awesomeness of Animal Farm, Harry Potter, and the Magic Bath. There's no way you could have in such a short amount of time... Besides, you have to read stuff multiple times to catch all the awesomeness. true. I'll reread it tommorwo.
Teen, 17 years old Written byibarncat March 31, 2012

Average sitcom can appeal to teenagers

At first glance, this show seems like a downhill point in the careers of Amanda Bynes and Dan Schneider. However, it can be quite funny, even if it's not funny all the time. The main character is a teenage girl who is extremely clueless. She lives with two other women in some weird Two and a Half Men-esque manner, but I haven't picked up how all of them are related to her. Anyway, it shows how she deals with the problems of late high school and college age experiences, and she tends to make poor decisions. And these poor decisions are when the show is funniest. Still, this show isn't quite as good as some other teenager shows out there. But it is still generally worthwhile enough for a sitcom or teenage show fan to give a chance. As for appropriateness, this is NOT a show for kids. There are several sexual references, and it should be rated TV-14-DL. Still, they aren't too bad, and teenagers shouldn't have a problem with it. But kids should not be watching The N when this comes on. That is, if The N will ever show a non-Nick at Nite sitcom again.
Teen, 16 years old Written byRosebud95 March 16, 2012

I'd just watch this if I was bored

Well...it's OK. I've seen clips of this on YouTube and it seems like Hannah Montana is a toned down version of this, like, with the romance and dating. I'd probably just watch this if I was bored.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySanjay407 October 28, 2011

Read

Change Rated TV-14: Sexuality, Swearing, and Some Drugs
Teen, 16 years old Written byAshinthehouse April 9, 2011

Good for older kids

I like this show alot it's good it revoles alot around relationships with guys which sometimes is a little bit sexaul and mild language and Val gets married because she's druck
Teen, 14 years old Written byDamon Lover November 19, 2010

10 year old reviewers should not be watching this

Nothing wrong with this show really some sex jokes but I can say that you 10 year olds that are reviewing should not be watching it, I watched all the episodes when I was 12, so 12 AT LEAST.
Adult Written byNEVER SIGN UP F... October 28, 2010

The Amanda Show is pretty bad, shouldn't have been TV-Y7. every time i have parental controls, Parental Controls Won't Let Me What This Show. Once...Mom lets me watch it. I don't recommend What I Like About You. I would give it 0 stars.
Kid, 10 years old August 9, 2010

Ok

I like this show. It's a pretty good show. I really like it. It nice. Its good for ages 10 and up. I love it.
Kid, 7 years old August 7, 2010

off 4- iffy 5-6 on 7+

Teen, 15 years old Written byDancerGirl4 July 29, 2010

Inappropriate unless you are an OLDER teen

I like this show, but I don't watch it because it's inappropriate. There's a lot of sexual content in every episode. They characters throw around some bad language. There's some drinking, but not too much. The messages about family and honesty being important are good.
Kid, 11 years old November 3, 2009

Better for Teenagers.Tweens OK

Parents need to know that what i like about you is a comedy show mewant for the Teen age of 13-15ish.It is rare anything sex related comes up,but there is some sexuality related terms..the girls` father is gay(Val and Holly`s) Cursing really isnt an issue on this show and Holly learns a few lessons now and then.
Teen, 15 years old Written byawesomish_rider July 23, 2009

laughs, fun, and one hecka of a show !

I also love this show! It's amazing and it has a great sense of humor. It's a little inappropriate for little kids, but definitely okay for kids over 12. XD
Teen, 15 years old Written byiheartdoxies July 8, 2009

a good show for 12 and up!

it's a good show, but there are a few iffy sex situations every now and then. language isn't really an issue.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytwilightluver7689 May 7, 2009

I love this show!

It's sort of like a fun dramatized soap opera for tweens / teens!
Adult Written byNYmom March 27, 2009

cute for about 14 & up, moms too!

ABC Family changed their afterschool lineup & now my 13 y/o watches this every day. At first I was worried since the characters are mostly about 18-25 yrs old and the content obviously relates to life at that age. I thought it would be similar to Friends, which I won't let her watch due to a more mature theme (hooking up, sexuality, innuendo). But the writers keep it pretty safe for teens 14 and over, considering what they start learning at school. The actresses truly are funny, with good timing & physically funny behavior! I'm usually in ear-shot and we talk about the few themes that come up, or about how their skirts are sometimes too short, and we talk about the importance of modesty in the real world. Overall, its very entertaining and I'm 35, mom of 3. Few shows make me laugh out loud anymore, but this one does!