All member reviews for White Collar

Fun odd-couple crime drama is tamer than you'd expect.

Parent of a 17 year old Written byPC Doctor March 6, 2011

Not appropriate for anyone anymore.

I did love the show until Neal used God's name in vain. I have banned this show from our house.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfloridagators02 March 26, 2010

Perfect for Teens

I LOVE this show. Its a great show for teens, and isn't TV-14 like CSI or NCIS. Its very clean, good entertainment.
Teen, 16 years old Written byKerin December 5, 2009

I really, really love this show.It's one of the four shows I never miss. The charcters are great and the dialog is awesome. I also love the bond between Peter and Neal.It's entertaing and amusing to watch. They trust each other and are good partners and boarding on good friends. The only issue I have ever had with the show is in the episode the episode Books of Hours. they used God's name in vain by saying GD. However, it was a mob boss using the term and based on the 'regular' charcters history for swear words I think it was probably a one time thing simply for that one charcter.
Adult Written byholliecake February 15, 2010

Great score in my book!

I absolutely adore this show. I've watched every episode since it aired (i heart tivo) and the only "sex" i saw was when a girl visiting Neil pretended she was there having sex with him, but it was a cover to hide that she was visiting "something else" (spoiler!). There is no outstanding language use that comes to mind, and little to no violence. The only thing I can even think of to "keep in mind" is that it does "glamour-fy" theft. Just make sure your kids know that while the IDEA of being a classy, art-stealing guy sounds fun, its certainly not a career option
Parent of an infant, 7, 10, and 11 year old Written byYuMa February 5, 2010

Good show for parents to watch with kids

Parent of a 12 and 15 year old Written bygabajoran February 5, 2010

When I looked at ratings for this show I noticed that only kids had reviewed it. As a parent, I'm always more interested in what other parents think of a show. Our whole family has watched White Collar since it's first episode. My youngest child is a 12 year old girl. The show is entertaining and has interesting characters. The FBI agent's marriage is often a topic in the show and portrayed well. The characters are honorable. The "bad" guy isn't really so bad and is actually quite likable. The show is mildly funny and there are twists in the plots to keep viewer interest. As family shows go, this one is a keeper for our family. Even my husband will watch it and enjoy it and he generally prefers DVDs of Gunsmoke and Hawaii Five-O more than current shows.
Adult Written bytolkien geek mi March 21, 2014

Mixed Messages

White Collar is a good show. It's well written. The characters are likable and creative. Agent Burke is a great role model, and for the most part, so is Neal. Regardless there's occasional sexual references, some mild language, and sporadic violence. Bear in mind, Neal Caffrey is a conman turned criminal informant…so there could be some moral dilemmas there.
Parent Written byshanerocks August 30, 2012

One of my favorite shows!!

This show happens to be a show that you can sit through with your OLDER TWEEN or your teen without getting worried of instilling something in their mind. It is an excellent show. One thing parents should know it is about someone who was a criminal and becomes an FBI agent. Bad role model. They are light references that kids would not understand.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bywondo March 7, 2010

Wonderful show! Superb acting and witty dialogue. Although the lead character is a convicted felon, his FBI partner is trying to change his ways. The main characters care for each other. The marriage between Peter(FBI agent)and his wife(El) is one of the best portrayed on TV. Watch it as a family...
Adult Written bycrusader666 February 25, 2014

Exciting show and violence isn't very graphic

This program is exciting, funny at times, good acting and writing, and very creative. And, we must not leave out that character Neal Caffrey's wardrobe is pretty awesome! Yes, there is crime and some violence in this program, but compared to other stuff airing on TV these days, this is 1,000 times tamer than most other crime dramedy programs! Also, there are some good messages in this program that most people who commit crimes will be punished.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRachelWood December 27, 2011

Fun, entertaining, low on language/violence/sx, high on positive messgaes

This was a really fun show to follow with positive messages and rare language/sx. Peter Burke, the FBI agent is smart, grounded, if not a little nerdy. Neal Caffrey, the con-artist, though makes the life of thievery seem fun and glamorous, slowly changes his morals as he works with the FBI. Peter helps him realize how life should be more than just running from the law and that helping people is much more satisfactory than hurting. Language is pretty low, though there are some uses of h*ll, d*mn, and son of a b**ch. The romances are nothing more than kissing between a married couple, some suggestive topics (though nothing detailed and briefly mentioned), and the violence is very low. Punching is probably the most graphic and it rarely happens. Guns appear a lot but are almost never shot, and though there are some dead bodies, they are briefly shown with little or no blood. Neal and Peter develop a strong friendship and the two, despite differences, come to care about each other. Its really funny, however, because Peter is terrible with woman (and even struggles flirting with his own wife) while Neal is a ladies-man. Peter has values and principals that make him a respectable FBI agent, and Neal takes a little bending. There is a ton of social drinking and you can see the differences between Peter and Neal again (Peter likes cheap beer and Neal prefers rich wine) but no one is ever drunk and the drinks may as well be water. Overall, this is a very enjoyable show. Each episodes are its own mini-crime mysteries and the story archs leave you at the edge of your toes. The acting is great and the characters are fun. The only reason I marked it iffy for 11 and under is because of the brief language and the fact that Neal's illegal life was made into something a little more excitingly glamourous than it would be in real life. If this series were a movie, it was be PG.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybones1fan January 26, 2011

It really is unlike any other cop shows. And, let's face it, it's really hard to dislike Neal and Mozzie despite their "dark criminal past". My mum and I are completely obsessed with the show, mainly because Matt Bomer is just ABSOLUTELY HOTT.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLil Booth September 5, 2010

It's like Catch me if you can, all over again!

Well, the only thing that would disuade me from saying it's on for kids is the fact that Neal broke the law. He was in prison and although being released legally, it just shows children they can do what they want, and then everything will be fine. But otherwise the show is very good. The main cop characters are very well portrayed as to not be 'bad' or 'crooked' cops, and there isn't too much sex or language.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlueHorse December 27, 2013

Great Family Show

This show gets a little racy near the end of the 2nd season and on, and there are some episodes I would skip with younger kids but otherwise this show is very clean. It's white collar crimes so the show is very non-violent. It has very little sex. The main character is very good looking and they use that on the show, as you see woman flirting with him all the time. Neal Caffrey, the main character is faithful to his lost girlfriend. In one of the season one episodes Neal says that only one girl has not come on to him and that it was in the second grade. This show is definitely one of the more decent, clean, family friendly shows on TV. The acting is fine, and compared to normal television could be considered quite good actually. The story lines are easy to follow yet fun, and sometimes have some kind of enjoyable twist. The main character and his partner are very smart, which again makes this very fun to watch because of the clever way the characters get out of their pickles.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypianodude2534 October 1, 2013

Very good!

This is a really good family show to watch with your family. I would say 12 or 11 in that range is good
Kid, 10 years old April 24, 2013

LOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

I am addicted to white collar! It is a great tv show with lots of guns pulled and shots fired, but almost no blood or characters getting killed. The main character is a terrible role model!!!!!!!!! He is always breaking laws and doing things under his co-worker/friends nose, and he is also extremely likable. WAY to much sex and stuff, totally unneeded!!! Lots of teamwork and friendship between the "rehabilitated" con-man and FBI agent. Last seasons season finalle was terrible, innocent people went to jail, bad guys won, and parents were found evil.
Kid, 12 years old December 3, 2012

White Collar: A miraculously guided mystery

White Collar is one of USA's cleanest shows, providing a surprising lack of graphic violence, sexuality, or profanity. It is also good due to it having an innovative plot within each episode, incorporating themes of mystery and action-adventure that mix impeccably with its dramatic roots. Similar to USA shows like Suits, Burn Notice, or Royal Pains, White Collar also incorporates some sprinkles of zesty comedy to spice up the scenery. And it does that well. Very well. Unfortunately, White Collar fails to make a big impression on the depth of its scripting and acting, which makes the show feel a bit emptier inside. However, the show does bring a lot to USA's table.
Kid, 12 years old November 8, 2012

Good up until the 3rd season

I loved this show and watched in on Netflix up to about a quarter way into the 3 season. That is when it starts to get a little sexy. Since Common Sense Media from as far as I can tell only reviews the first season of a TV show, I looked it up on IMDB and found it had a lot more sexual content. I probably would've finished, but I got tired of it from watching so many back-to-back episodes. Overall it was an amazing TV show.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycheebs13 July 24, 2012

Absolutely perfect

I've been watching this show since the night it started airing when i was 11, and have never once felt that it was inappropriate. I'm rather mature for 14, and so my parents have loosened up restrictions on shows. I watch alot of shows like numb3rs, csi, bones, and law and order, and this show is a welcome change of pace from the violence and graphic nature of those shows. A comparable show, in my opinion, is psych. Its a crime show, but its lighthearted and has less graphic content. Plus, the plot line is amazing.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySkylarker May 14, 2012

Great show, fine for tweens and up

This is a great show. There's action, drama and even a little mystery. It's great to see the chemistry between Neal and Peter, and it's a good model for a friendship. There is very little intimacy(other than kissing), and almost no cursing. Additionally, Peter is married, and has a great and loving relationship with his wife.