All member reviews for Winx Club

Kid, 9 years old May 21, 2011

WHAAAT?! Two stars? That's two stars too many!

This show does not make sense. It used to be on Saturday mornings. I would just snort at it and turn away. It wasn't too bad...now, it is going to be on Nick! My sister is going to wanna see it along with all those funny-looking movies (I don't like CGI). This is going to be so annoying, like those stupid Barbies.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 September 17, 2010

Nice plot, don't like the stereotypes

I like the premise and it has some interesting mythology. But I don't like the stereotypes with the girl's obsession with boys and dating and fashion, though I'm glad that's in the Stella character more than the others. Overall it's OK and I think it sends mostly positive messages about friendships. Parents: There is some violence, but it's all fantasy-like. It's mainly the characters using magic to fight, and they rarely get hurt. Besides the dating/kissing, the girls wear short outfits and are very thin, which could raise body image issues.
Kid, 8 years old November 12, 2014

i LOVE this!!!

I think the girls are awesome when they transform.The fairies i like best are the dragon fairy and the sun fairy.The boys are kind of cute.
Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2014

Good, I think it's very appropriate

Somebody said that they heard the B I word in one episode that is not true they said Witch but it's a good show season 1 is best for 8 year olds season 3 is the most iffy but season 4 is really good and no it's not sexist yes they do have boyfriends yes they have unrealistic bodies it's called the style of art Stella is unlikeable but Bloom is a good role model she loves both her adoptive parents and her real ones who she has never met Flora is a loving older sister and earns her Enchantix by saving her sister see there are good role models but after season 3 they started relying on dolls and toys so that's a down
Kid, 12 years old March 7, 2014

Kid, 7 years old February 23, 2014

its cool

its good i think 4+ for it mostly 5+
Kid, 10 years old November 17, 2013

its the best not bad read the definitions I love Winx club

Kid, 10 years old November 12, 2013

Winx Girls Rock!

I think this show is great. I used to watch it when I was little. I noticed the outfits the Winx girls wear are inappropriate, but you do not really notice it when you are watching the show. The Winx girls all have boyfriends which I find disturbing knowing that little kids are watching the show. The plot lines of each season are good and very entertaining. I was very engaged in it when I saw it for the first time. This show is great for little kids and inspires them to follow their dreams.
Kid, 10 years old October 27, 2013

love and hate it

i love the show but i think they could use less drama and less about bloom i for one think that it show a good role model when it comes up for dreams and hope and afford
Teen, 15 years old Written byBroadwayHopefulTeen July 29, 2013

Never too old.

I'm 15 years old, and I have been watching Winx Club since I was eight. I have liked it less since Nickelodeon got the rights to it (The 4Kids version was much better) but I still find it enjoyable and I don't believe I'm too old for it. Some parents may think the fairies' outfits are too revealing and sexual, which they are revealing, but just because their clothing is revealing it doesn't mean your daughters will just randomly think it's okay to dress like that in public. It's a fantasy cartoon about fairies, don't expect them to be in long sleeved shirts and jeans. The plot may be hard for seven year olds to understand. I recommend it mostly to kids 9+. It plays on "Teen Nick" for a reason. Winx Club has never had any foul language. There is fantasy violence, though. I believe that the show has positive messages about friendship, and even some about...well...bad guys.
Kid, 9 years old January 25, 2013

THEY RUINED THE SHOW!

Ok they finally got a cool fairy show for older girls then they RUINED IT! The girls walk around with pretty much NO CLOTHES ON! There was even a show where they drank beer.
Kid, 9 years old August 2, 2011

Great

A little mean with the tirxs. But the winxs are very pretty and nice and the show is a blast.
Kid, 8 years old July 8, 2011

great for 8 and up

I gave this show a 5 star it only has one or two violent because it will show some monsters and witches that is probably is scary for 7 and under but great for 8 and up they are great role models because when somebody tells them to do something they do it
Kid, 10 years old January 1, 2011

i would say this is better for 5-8 year olds, no?

ok, i don't like it, but i certainly used to :D it has great imagination and i think all younger girls will love it!!
Kid, 9 years old November 24, 2009

bloom all ways keeps trying
Teen, 14 years old Written byghsghgfhfgdhgf August 26, 2009

thid show has been ruined by 4kids

the one that is dubbed by 4kids is awful. if you are watching the Italian version or the rai English version it is good. the 4kids version(wich is the version aired in the USA) has been edited so much that a 2 year old could watch it
Teen, 17 years old Written byprettylittleliaraus May 21, 2015

Quite Annoying

UGH. There's so much on the skimpy outfits, I wont repeat what's been said but I want to point out something else. I HATE the way the characters act: "Oh, goodness" "Oh, gosh" Yes, I know they cant say God, but they don't have to say oh my goodness, gosh etc, EVERY. FIVE. MINUTES. It just annoys me. Take W.I.T.C.H. for example. I watched both shows recently and W.I.T.C.H blew Winx out of the water. If I put it like... Bloom vs. Will Flora vs. Irma Stella vs. Cornelia Musa vs. Hay Lin Tecna vs. Taranee Then I would say w.i.t.c.h. kills Winx.
Kid, 10 years old November 24, 2014

I'm disgusted

My daughter wanted to post a good review of this show, but I'm putting in a word for her! I was revolted by this show! The descriptions and reviews on other TV sites describe it as a cute, fairy show, so I allowed my kids to watch the first few episodes. However, it didn't say in any of the other reviews how much consumerism, sassiness, and dating themes are in the show. The main girls are unrealistically skinny, wear "exposing" clothes, dote on relationships, and are always being snotty about something. Now my daughters (ten and eight) are mimicking them with sassy attitudes to other adults. Sexy content and snobby characters must stop!
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarky'sReviews June 18, 2014

Nothing More Than The Stereotypical Fantasy Girl Show

Both of my younger sisters have gone through the 'girly show' phase and this one was one of the most popular during that time. It's nothing more than your typical Y7 American Female Program starring teenage girls that are animated like Bratz dolls that possess Sailor Moon like powers and use them against your typical Voldemort villains. All of them have their own 'knight in shining armor' boyfriends, who they collaborate with on their fights and flirt, kiss, date and have their infrequent 'married couple' arguments with. The violence is of a 4Kids program, where there is little to no death and the sight of blood in this area is strictly prohibited. All topped off with some trashy voice acting from 4Kids themselves. This show will likely hypnotize your preteen daughter but the spells wouldn't have any effect on anyone else. ON: 9+ IFFY: 5-8 OFF: 0-4
Kid, 10 years old March 22, 2014

Horrible

This show is SO bad. The characters say many mildly inappropriate words a lot of times. It's also stereotypical. Why, you ask? Because it portrays girls as almost completely useless being who wear incredibly small skirts that barely cover their bottoms and crop tops! They also show Stella as a girl whines all the time when she fails and doesn't try again! That is a problem because almost all fans of this show's favorite character is Stella! Not even the good messages can deny this! Also, they flirt and date with pretty much every boy they can get! That's the worst. I also must admit, and I'm not being racist, that there should be more characters with different skin colors. The majority of the team is pale skinned with only two darker skinned girls. And, what if there could be some that take on the looks and accents of people from other countries? Such as Germany or Japan? Just my suggestion. Overall, this show is BAD. If you don't like girls whining, wearing stereotypical outfits, or constantly flirting and dating different boys, then DO NOT watch this. It really is very disappointing. Great job Nickelodeon. :P