All member reviews for Winx Club

Teen, 15 years old Written byA-Deadly-Serenade February 3, 2013

Bad influence? You're kidding, right?

This show is a bad influence? Haha, oh gosh... If you people only have problem with how the girls are proportioned, then the show clearly isn't as bad as few of you claim it to be. The girls are drawn slightly skinny, yes, but that is just the style of the show. Yes they are a bit on the skinny side, but at least they don't have large breasts and wear practically nothing at all. (Like most women/teens are portrayed in animes) The girls hardly wear anything as revealing as few of you claim. Sure they show their bellies once-in-awhile, but at least their clothes are tasteful. Tecna hardly reveals anything; same goes for Musa, Layla, Flora and Bloom. (Stella tends to wear strapless dresses but, is isn't that bad) The most revealing outfits they wear are there Sophix and Lovix outfits and those are shown in one episode. Big deal. The girls are not self-centered and do not only care about boys and their reputations. Each member of the Winx sends out their own positive message and the characters themselves are not vain and do not obsess over boys. (Stella maybe, but that's about it) Tecna is smart and cares very much about her studies and being successful in life; Layla is strong willed and doesn't let a difficult task bring her down or discourage her from why she's trying to accomplish; Musa enjoys the arts and music, being creative and supporting creativity; Flora loves nature and tries showing this in mainly all the episodes she's in—reinforcing that we should and love and appreciate the Earth we have; Bloom is a leader and believes in trusting your friends and believing in yourself; even Stella sticks up for her friends and shows that beauty isn't everything. I also like how the show incorporated real-life situations. Stella's parents are divorced; Bloom was adopted; Musa's mother passed away—all very real situations that an audience of teen girls can relate too. (Some more than others) I know that Stella's situation will be the most relatable and I like that they added this hint of reality into the show. I for one, respect Stella's character more due to this. She struggles throughout season one dealing with her parents being apart. She loves them both equally and really feels awful that they separated; she even blaming herself at times. And what's wrong with a little romance? The girls are teenagers so they are bound to have a love interest. They hardly even kiss throughout the series so I don't see what the problem is. (Plus, when season five came around, the girls were already in their 20's so...there shouldn't be a problem with hugs and kisses) This show isn't a bad influence and if you still think so, you might as well take Barbie away for driving a convertible; take Pokémon away for promoting 'animal' fighting; and take Harry Potter away for portraying evil and promoting sorcery.
Kid, 8 years old December 22, 2012

boring

the reason that i said not for kids was because its for girls not for boys and why did they create this show
Kid, 12 years old July 24, 2012

WORST DANG SHOW EVER

I was gonna watch The Legend Of Korra, but this stinky show was still on, so for ten minutes I was stuck watching Winx club. Yeah right. More like Stinx club! First of all, they show too much skin. I HATE to see a cartoon girl showing her stomach for that is innapropriate behaviour in real life. Their bodies are VERY unrealistic. Come on! Korra is very muscular (based off of MMA fighting women) and those girls have skinnier stomachs and arms. At least Avatar The Last Airbender is realistic. This is horrible! Oh, and the drama is the worst thing ever! I hate it so bad that when some fairies fell into a black hole I was cheering only to be let down when they're rescued. This show is truely the definition of Tv excrement. I'm not joking! Seriously! I'd rather watch Hannah Montana than this poo. And that's saying something, cuz I'm not a girly girl, hence why may favorite show is The Legend of Korra.
Teen, 15 years old Written byWuvBooks April 9, 2008

This is a great show for girls who love faeries!

Winx Club is a fun filled show with faeries, witches, and heros! Yes it may have some fighting scenes but no gore at all. I give this show three thumbs up!
Teen, 13 years old Written byhowrselover January 25, 2012

don't bother

These fairies are like, anorexic. and they dress like hookers. sorry, it's the truth.
Kid, 10 years old August 28, 2012

Winx Club is Appropriate

I think it should be 8 and up only because they show you a lot about handling and their fairies you already know theirs gonna be violence and theirs gonna be tragic moments.But overall it's an appropriate show for the people who don't take fake thing so seriously
Kid, 12 years old May 22, 2012

Winx Wins

Personally, I disagree with peoples comments on the "sexy" content of the show. I cartoons your allowed to make the characters designs as unrealistic as you want. Your allowed to have the shorts dresses and skirts, your allowed to have the unrealistically tiny wastes and bodies. This show conveys that when in trouble you can count on your friends to help you. The goal of the show is not to discourage natural beauty or the fact that the unrealistic goal of having a tiny waste or body is depressing, the goal is to show that friendship can defeat evil or a bad day. The boyfriend is not bad content at all there are plenty of movies or tv shows that show kissing or crushes, like one that is unexpected Sunday School Musical, there is also that tiny detail that the characters are in between the ages of 16-18 and that is normal for that age group to kiss and flirt, and who doesn't flirt any ways, there are some contents of flirting in some tv shows like Lilo and Stitch, one of the tv shows you wouldn't expect. All I am saying is that the goal of the show is not to depress girls who think that accomplishing the tiny waste or body is realistic but to show true beauty in friendship,laughter and magical essence. I love this show and would recommend it to all.
Kid, 11 years old March 27, 2012

Inappropriate Horrible TV Show

Horrible. Not for kids. Not for 17 years old and below. My sister is 9 and is watching it and enjoys it, but this show has cliche plots and horrible artwork and script. Not for kids because during the Winx transformations, they are completely naked. Also because this show is so horrible that it will ruin people's brains. Not for anyone.
Kid, 11 years old February 21, 2012

meh

guys, this show is not near as bad as you are making it out to be. its not like icarly where they are making out so often its annoying. yes, they have boyfriends, it is violent. you can't find the perfect tv show! i'm just worried about the fairy clothes. they barely cover those girls! but it's noting too bad.
Kid, 11 years old January 22, 2012

Good show :/

Pretty good show.The girls in the show wear clothes that don't cover all of there body.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnimeFanForLife535 November 13, 2011

Review

I personally don't like this T.V. show. Bloom is to mary sueish. She really annoys me and this whole show goes way to fast. The girls wear revealing outfits and obsess over boys and some over their appearances. Parents should be aware that the girls don't really give a positive influence when it comes to 'it doesn't matter how you look' and 'boys aren't everything'. The characters can get really annoying at times, I could barely stand to watch the first episode. (Mary Sue: A girl that has a sad past and is over powerful and considered perfect)
Kid, 9 years old March 19, 2010

GREAT SHOW!!

I love it! There is NO nudity whatsoever!! The girls just wear belly shirts and tube tops. The violence is not bad it's just battling. No blood involved!

I hate this show!

I hate this show. It is pretty girlie and I am girlie but seriously, that show is the most stupidest show I have ever seen!
Teen, 15 years old Written bywillbarchi April 9, 2008

Funny, charming cartoon

Winx club is a nice little cartoon with abit of cartoon violence that keeps everone entertained and excited. I recognise the unrealistic body shapes, duh, its a cartoon! As for social behavior, Bloom loves her friends, fights for them and always makes good desisions to keep them all safe. She sets a very good example for kids I think!
Kid, 9 years old July 14, 2012

WINX CLUB 4ever! Belive me!

The show is great! It's a must watch! See, but haters are sooo hooked up on there body. What do you expect? It's a cartoon, what can possibly be real? There bodys are OFCOARSE unrealistic. There clothes are not a problem because there teen girls, they want to look pretty, like you can't complain, NYC are full of them on summer time. There boyfriends should be the least to our worrys! Like we see more romance on other shows. Now, Let's make this clear in our heads WINXCLUB HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANOREXIA!!! A KIDS CARTOON WOULD NEVER FEATURE THAT! Like it was the most stupidest thing I ever heard. So talk bad about it to the end. But FYI, think more about it before you say it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byWonderBuono! July 3, 2011

Magic Winx!

Girls wear some pretty skimpy outfits, but most kids will probably not notice, since it is a cartoon. Subtle messages are sent throughout the series, like believing in yourself, and the importance of friendship. Very good show, I highly recommend. :)
Kid, 9 years old May 21, 2011

WHAAAT?! Two stars? That's two stars too many!

This show does not make sense. It used to be on Saturday mornings. I would just snort at it and turn away. It wasn't too bad...now, it is going to be on Nick! My sister is going to wanna see it along with all those funny-looking movies (I don't like CGI). This is going to be so annoying, like those stupid Barbies.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 September 17, 2010

Nice plot, don't like the stereotypes

I like the premise and it has some interesting mythology. But I don't like the stereotypes with the girl's obsession with boys and dating and fashion, though I'm glad that's in the Stella character more than the others. Overall it's OK and I think it sends mostly positive messages about friendships. Parents: There is some violence, but it's all fantasy-like. It's mainly the characters using magic to fight, and they rarely get hurt. Besides the dating/kissing, the girls wear short outfits and are very thin, which could raise body image issues.
Kid, 10 years old November 17, 2013

its the best not bad read the definitions I love Winx club

Kid, 10 years old November 12, 2013

Winx Girls Rock!

I think this show is great. I used to watch it when I was little. I noticed the outfits the Winx girls wear are inappropriate, but you do not really notice it when you are watching the show. The Winx girls all have boyfriends which I find disturbing knowing that little kids are watching the show. The plot lines of each season are good and very entertaining. I was very engaged in it when I saw it for the first time. This show is great for little kids and inspires them to follow their dreams.