All member reviews for WordGirl

Teen, 14 years old Written bydagnytheartist January 18, 2011

I watch this show with my little brother a lot, and I think it's good! Violence? There's almost no violence at all! The only time Wordgirl does more than tie the person up and send him to jail is when she's fighting Tobey's robots. She'll completely destroy them, and Tobey's mom will pull him away by the ear. It's funny! This show doesn't have annoying songs on it, or talk to YOU! It has enough little kid humor and big kid humor, so it attracts the whole family. They never say bad words or show blood or gross stuff, and they always make words a priority. To "Love2" who wrote the short review saying "the show is to vilont for a learning show. and having crushes????????? not apropreat!" you spelled both "violent" and appropriate" wrong. Sorry to be a grammar cop but if you're going to take the time to put up a review about a show called WORDGIRL, you should've atleast not spelled such simple words wrong. Wordgirl would be ashamed. The crushes, by the way, are the one Wordgirl has on Scoops and the one Tobey has on Wordgirl. They don't go any further than crushes and little kids aren't going to understand them, so why make a big deal? Older kids enjoy watching a show with some "romance" (or as close as ten year olds trying to get their crushes' attention is to romance), and it's still appropriate! No dating whatsoever. Hope this review was helpful.
Teen, 13 years old Written byleftbehindcrazed8 December 4, 2010

awesome show!!!!

OMG! This show is great for pre-school and lower elementary kids. Great show, which is funny and educational! My 6 year old sister LOVES this show, she looks forward to the 4:30 showing of it.
Kid, 11 years old January 22, 2011

urray wordgirl iz black!

there is smll vilolent acts
Kid, 10 years old January 31, 2011

Helps with vocabulary

This show is O.K. but it has a lot of violence and scary things, like fighting. But it helps with vocabulary.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFurrtwo June 13, 2010

Perfect for anyone looking for good animation, humor, and word lessons

I'm thirteen years old. I'm at the age to be watching TeenNick and all its sitcoms - iCarly, Degrassi, Big Time Rush, and What I like about you. And yet, I choose to watch a cartoon aimed for children 6-8. Why? For one thing, WordGirl is much, much more engrossing than other children's cartoons. It doesn't "talk down" to kids, the information learned is actually something they'll use, the animation is adorable, and plus, it has HUMOR. Actual HUMOR. I find myself laughing at most of the jokes on the show. And there are some jokes that only "the older crowd" would get. Also, you know a children's show is good when even L can learn something from it. I learned the words "lackadaisical", "dote", and "curmudgeon", just to name a few. My siblings and I all look forward to 4:30 every weekday when WordGirl comes on around here. Every one of us enjoy WordGirl. Also, for a person with my personality, this cartoon is a haven simply because it has so much room for backstories! I'm the type of person who writes fanfiction and is always over-analyzing. I love WordGirl because I can find lots of backstory room, e.g. how WordGirl came to earth, the history of Lexicon, etcetera etcetera. Oh yes, and I love the shipping possibilities. The silly, grade school crushes are one of the highlights of the show. I adore pairing wordGirl with my favorite character, the evil boy genius, Tobey B-)
Teen, 15 years old Written byVoracious Reader March 8, 2009

Believe it or Not

Believe it or not, this show is hillarious and funny. It's great to watch just for fun, even if you're not 5 years old. I'm 15. XD
Kid, 12 years old October 8, 2009

Favorite show, Builds great learning skills

Excellent show. Although my parents are a little iffy about it, (They don't like the fact that WordGirl lies all the time to protect her secret identity) I think its awesome. So fun and I find myself repeating the vocabulary maybe a little too much, enough to annoy my parents.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

cool show!

I like this show very much. Even though this show is suppose to be for kids, there is alot of punching, kicking, tackling for example worgirl pucnhes and topples robots! or when wordgirl kicks a big metal box and it crashes into mr. big (a evil bank guy)or when huggy face tackles doctor two brains (a evil scientist with two brain! you can see some of his brain coming out... There is also alot of name calling and put-down words like pathetic, idiotic, loser,dumb stupid, lame, very sore loser, sucker, fatty, pest, and jerk. Even though I recommend you to wacth this show! (also very edducational!)
Kid, 6 years old April 9, 2008

....................

i don't catch it but i saw some of the marthon
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

My friend here the kirbster thinks its very goooooooooood and me too.

This is a pretty good show but the thing I dont like about it is that they only show it on fridays. Thats the only thing I hate about it. THEre is plenty of action in this and yet it is kind of well lets just say its kind of stupid sometimes like the butcher. Hes a bad guy he uses meat for attacks. Then huggy eats all the meat. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. MEat
Kid, 12 years old May 31, 2009

love it

i consider myself a word girl due to the fact i watch it everyday and I'm pretty good in my vocabulary.
Kid, 12 years old June 26, 2009

very educational, but the theme is pretty dark. In one episode this boy keeps whining... like "It's so LAME, like meat butcher's meat." I'd say, the only thing that is concerned is some mild fantasy violence and dark theme.
Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2011

Disturbing And Annoying Show

It is a pretty good show, but I feel that the vocabulary Word Girl uses is slightly annoying: she will sometimes use words everybody knows, and sometimes she will use words even I don't know as a 10 year old. It is also very disturbing to me that the parents act so dumb, showing little kids that your parents should be like that. This is why if you do watch this show, you should be at least 7 or older, and one more thing. Becky (Word Girl) has a crush on a school boy named Scoops Ming, which I also think little kids should be watching.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAbe1998 April 29, 2012

I actually like it

This is a very good show. Nothing bad in it. Teaches kids certain words like "cumbersome" and "flabbergasted". There really isn't "violence" at all. I mean, she does hit people sometimes but not usually (and it's usually robots.) Usually all she does is dodge things, throw bad guys in jail, and tie people up. It's pretty entertaining :) and this is coming from a 14-year-old
Kid, 12 years old December 17, 2011

Cuteness

I like how a villian is smitten by Wordgirl. He does it for her attention. This show is a funny and cute show for babies:D
Teen, 16 years old Written byBornAgainINChrist January 3, 2013

Great show for ages 5 and up

I am a teen and live in a big family and every school day my family and I all gather into our living room to watch the show WordGirl. It is an AMAZING show and I have watched it since I was 9 years old and still love it. It has great educational value and it stirs some great family laughs for kids and adults. It gives a appropriate girl superhero for young girls to admire and gives the boys some action to enjoy. It is realistic to everyday elementary life and gives the kids something to relate too. It helps imagination soar and sparks vocabulary. I love WordGirl and I think it is a great little show.
Kid, 4 years old September 21, 2011

Very educational, action against the bad guys while keeping the fights clean and non-violent

Very educational and rather exciting for kids; My 4 year old son loves the Word Girl. There are some battles against the robots, the evil sandwich guy and the bad butcher, but there is no hitting or physical violence against them. For example, they throw tofu at the bad butcher that loses his magical power with tofu, or they trick the bad guy and disable evil machines that lead to the arrest of the bad guy. The little action keeps the five year old still interested.
Kid, 11 years old July 3, 2013

Good show

I really don't have much to say, but I like the show. Huggyface is funny. Also, I remember when I first started watching it, I thought Becky Botzford was Becky Oxford (like the dictionary). LOL But, for younger kids there is some minor violence, no guns or anything though. :)
Teen, 16 years old Written byndrwcd November 17, 2012

kids + superheros don`t mix

the good guys are annoying especially the main character wordgirl,the bad guys are extremely corny,there`s no action at all whatsoever,and each episode feels like an hour long instead of 15 minutes and that`s at best
Teen, 15 years old Written byKids Media USA February 22, 2015

Should be rated TV-MA-SV or higher!!!

How dare you let your kids or young siblings watch this show?! This show brings three-year-olds into the high school world, doing consistent sexy stuff and flirting and other junk you usually only see in middle/high school. They are wayyyyyyy too young to be having Valentines and true crushes and dates. Besides, WordGirl (Becky) pretty much disrespects her elders. This un-educational cartoon is worse than Barney and Family Guy combined. The moderate flirting and other sexy high school stuff slot this between TV-PG and TV-14, and the violence alone probably makes this a TV-14-/TV-MA-rated show. So why is this TV-Y7? It should be CHILD ABUSE to let your kids watch this show if they're not over 13 yet.