All member reviews for WordGirl

Kid, 9 years old July 10, 2013

Second best show on PBS Kids!

This is a great show! It combines education with entertainment! It may be a bit scary for kids in pre-school, but my 5 year old brother loves it! This show is the best show on PBS Kids, barely behind Fetch! as my choice!
Kid, 11 years old July 3, 2013

Good show

I really don't have much to say, but I like the show. Huggyface is funny. Also, I remember when I first started watching it, I thought Becky Botzford was Becky Oxford (like the dictionary). LOL But, for younger kids there is some minor violence, no guns or anything though. :)
Teen, 16 years old Written byBornAgainINChrist January 3, 2013

Great show for ages 5 and up

I am a teen and live in a big family and every school day my family and I all gather into our living room to watch the show WordGirl. It is an AMAZING show and I have watched it since I was 9 years old and still love it. It has great educational value and it stirs some great family laughs for kids and adults. It gives a appropriate girl superhero for young girls to admire and gives the boys some action to enjoy. It is realistic to everyday elementary life and gives the kids something to relate too. It helps imagination soar and sparks vocabulary. I love WordGirl and I think it is a great little show.
Kid, 12 years old December 17, 2011

Cuteness

I like how a villian is smitten by Wordgirl. He does it for her attention. This show is a funny and cute show for babies:D
Kid, 4 years old September 21, 2011

Very educational, action against the bad guys while keeping the fights clean and non-violent

Very educational and rather exciting for kids; My 4 year old son loves the Word Girl. There are some battles against the robots, the evil sandwich guy and the bad butcher, but there is no hitting or physical violence against them. For example, they throw tofu at the bad butcher that loses his magical power with tofu, or they trick the bad guy and disable evil machines that lead to the arrest of the bad guy. The little action keeps the five year old still interested.
Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2011

Disturbing And Annoying Show

It is a pretty good show, but I feel that the vocabulary Word Girl uses is slightly annoying: she will sometimes use words everybody knows, and sometimes she will use words even I don't know as a 10 year old. It is also very disturbing to me that the parents act so dumb, showing little kids that your parents should be like that. This is why if you do watch this show, you should be at least 7 or older, and one more thing. Becky (Word Girl) has a crush on a school boy named Scoops Ming, which I also think little kids should be watching.
Kid, 10 years old January 31, 2011

Helps with vocabulary

This show is O.K. but it has a lot of violence and scary things, like fighting. But it helps with vocabulary.
Teen, 13 years old Written byleftbehindcrazed8 December 4, 2010

awesome show!!!!

OMG! This show is great for pre-school and lower elementary kids. Great show, which is funny and educational! My 6 year old sister LOVES this show, she looks forward to the 4:30 showing of it.
Kid, 12 years old June 26, 2009

very educational, but the theme is pretty dark. In one episode this boy keeps whining... like "It's so LAME, like meat butcher's meat." I'd say, the only thing that is concerned is some mild fantasy violence and dark theme.
Kid, 12 years old May 31, 2009

love it

i consider myself a word girl due to the fact i watch it everyday and I'm pretty good in my vocabulary.
Kid, 6 years old April 9, 2008

....................

i don't catch it but i saw some of the marthon