Words come to life in delightful preschool series.

Parent of a 3 year old Written byhaloudi April 10, 2010
My son is 3 and half and he's been watching Word World since he was 2. He loves it!! makes him laugh especially the duck. It helped him a lot in building words, we go around the house sometimes and do the same. Also I use the PBS online games, it is just wonderful tool to teach kids words. the colors, the ideas everything is simple and child appropriate. We don't have cable, and we don't watch a lot of TV, but my child and me don't miss this program.
Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written bysRicker March 26, 2010

Fun and educational

My boys love this show. They ask for it at least once a week.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byFaithsMomma April 14, 2010
Kid, 10 years old November 27, 2010
The show is great because it will teach how to spell words and sound them out
Parent of a 2 year old Written bySheSpeeds December 29, 2009

Good for the little guys, mostly.

Good show, have it on DVD, but am a little disappointed that 2 out of the 4 episodes on the DVD are about junk food. Pie and Cake. There are thousands of other food words and topics than pushing the junk food. Apple, Pear, Plum, Peas
Kid, 12 years old February 13, 2011

Great for everyone except some iffy concepts for babies and young toddlers

My older sister used to love this show when she was my age
Parent of a 3 year old Written bycry4dawn September 15, 2010
Parent of a 2 and 10 year old Written byStatesmommy February 1, 2010

great for kids as young as 2

We don't let our children watch much tv but we find that this show is worth the time. My son is 2.5 years old and is already reading. He knew his letters and basic sounds of each letter before we saw this program, but he never was able to make the jump to sounding words out until he saw Word World. Now he reads 3 and 4 letter words really well and is moving on to harder words. The songs aren't super creative but they're simple and not horrid. I think the characters are cute--the duck makes me laugh. It's definitely best when the parent can watch with the child and explain things and pause and practice when the child's interest is sparked. But even if the parent doesn't watch along side the child, it still has some benefit.
Parent of a 4 year old Written bySarahS January 8, 2010

A great choice

Great for toddlers. Full of imaginative and educative elements. Clean, intelligent fun. Smart, does not cater to parents like so many other shows.
Adult Written byRecessGymClass August 28, 2016

Terrible, even creepy

I do not like this show made for educating (destroying) the young minds. The message in this show is that you can make words out of thin air, letters can pop out of thin air, and that we are made up with words. That is not reality. In reality, you have to write words to see them, we are not made up with words, etc. This show will make your kids fail in school (I was a straight A student in my Elementary School years, *sigh*, good times, i'd give anything to be 8 again), and loose contact with reality. Not an educational show for children, and torture for teens and adults. Thankfully, parents have complained, and show has been axed by PBS Kids. Thank goodness this show dosen't come on anymore, so kids don't come across it and become braindead. Thank you to all the RESPONSIBLE parents out there.
Kid, 12 years old November 30, 2015

Creepy as heck.

Animals that look like words. This just creeps me out. You won't watch to watch unless you're 2 or 3 and brain dead. Yours, Goatworlds.
Parent Written bycaseyn October 14, 2014
Parent Written byAtlMom January 31, 2014

WordWorld is great for kids AND parents

I admit it, after a few hours of "Thomas and Friends", I have had enough. But with WordWorld, I don't have that problem. It is hilarious and educational at the same time. My son loves it! WordWorld teaches spelling and other word structure issues in a very fun, sweet way. The songs are quite catchy. I wish more kids' shows were like this.
Teen, 16 years old Written bytonytorresan884 December 25, 2013

Ehh...

This show is OK, but it's better than the other shows PBS Kids nowadays. PROS: Colorful CGI, good for kids, pretty good acting, etc. CONS: Annoying songs, annoying characters, and it's kind of boring.
Teen, 16 years old Written byfunkyrooster707 October 30, 2013

good show 4 kids

this is better than super why! it actually teaches kids SMART stuff
Teen, 16 years old Written byndrwcd December 12, 2012

wordworld?more like bordworld if you ask me

this show is boring and juvenile and while I am aware that this is a cartoon and it`s not suppost to be real but the animation isn`t anywhere close to being considered breathtaking or realistic looking and while I am aware that`s the same with some of the other cartoons I reviewed but in my defense at least those other cartoons like regular show as an example had likeable characters and funny humor,this show doesn't have any of that
Kid, 12 years old December 7, 2011

Should bore them

It may be for little kids, but I tested this show on my baby cousin and she hated it. She zoned out, not wanting to be involved. So I'd change it to another young kid's program, like Sid the Science Kid or Dora.
Parent of a 2 year old Written by123Bay July 9, 2010

my 2.5 yr old loves it

My son absolutely loves this show. Not only does he find it funny (I mean, laughing out loud funny) but I think it is also helping him start to put together the idea that letters make sounds (he is only 2.5 yrs old) and words. I like that the characters make mistakes and learn from them and that the whole energy around spelling and words is positive and fun. I personally get a chuckle from it whenever Duck is on, b/c I swear he sounds like a bad impersonation of Pres. Bill Clinton.
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written bySunnye June 5, 2010
Parent Written bytj04 December 28, 2009

love it!

love it ! Watching this together helps me point out and work on skills my son needs. Blends, plural forms and root words are discussed in a fun animated form. I am a preschool teacher. this shoe helps parent build on what thier kids are learning in class.