All member reviews for WordWorld

Words come to life in delightful preschool series.

Parent of a 3 year old Written byhaloudi April 10, 2010

My son is 3 and half and he's been watching Word World since he was 2. He loves it!! makes him laugh especially the duck. It helped him a lot in building words, we go around the house sometimes and do the same. Also I use the PBS online games, it is just wonderful tool to teach kids words. the colors, the ideas everything is simple and child appropriate. We don't have cable, and we don't watch a lot of TV, but my child and me don't miss this program.
Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written bysRicker March 26, 2010

Fun and educational

My boys love this show. They ask for it at least once a week.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byFaithsMomma April 14, 2010

Parent of a 4 year old Written byJoeF November 16, 2009

Best show for preschoolers, period.

This show is amazing. It's like a direct upload to my kids' brains. I can't help but smile when I hear them singing along with the songs, sounding out words, and dancing around in the living room.
Kid, 12 years old February 13, 2011

Great for everyone except some iffy concepts for babies and young toddlers

My older sister used to love this show when she was my age
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 September 28, 2009

4-5 will probably.........

4-5 year olds will luv this show but probably no younger than that. PS: this show is lame!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 2 and 10 year old Written byStatesmommy February 1, 2010

great for kids as young as 2

We don't let our children watch much tv but we find that this show is worth the time. My son is 2.5 years old and is already reading. He knew his letters and basic sounds of each letter before we saw this program, but he never was able to make the jump to sounding words out until he saw Word World. Now he reads 3 and 4 letter words really well and is moving on to harder words. The songs aren't super creative but they're simple and not horrid. I think the characters are cute--the duck makes me laugh. It's definitely best when the parent can watch with the child and explain things and pause and practice when the child's interest is sparked. But even if the parent doesn't watch along side the child, it still has some benefit.
Parent of a 3 year old Written bycry4dawn September 15, 2010

Kid, 10 years old November 27, 2010

The show is great because it will teach how to spell words and sound them out
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written bySunnye June 5, 2010

Adult Written bybeanbag February 27, 2009

"It's time to build a word!"

This is a fun show. My boys (ages 2 & 3) enjoy watching it and look forward to it coming on everyday.
Parent of a 2 year old Written by123Bay July 9, 2010

my 2.5 yr old loves it

My son absolutely loves this show. Not only does he find it funny (I mean, laughing out loud funny) but I think it is also helping him start to put together the idea that letters make sounds (he is only 2.5 yrs old) and words. I like that the characters make mistakes and learn from them and that the whole energy around spelling and words is positive and fun. I personally get a chuckle from it whenever Duck is on, b/c I swear he sounds like a bad impersonation of Pres. Bill Clinton.
Parent Written bytj04 December 28, 2009

love it!

love it ! Watching this together helps me point out and work on skills my son needs. Blends, plural forms and root words are discussed in a fun animated form. I am a preschool teacher. this shoe helps parent build on what thier kids are learning in class.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bySheSpeeds December 29, 2009

Good for the little guys, mostly.

Good show, have it on DVD, but am a little disappointed that 2 out of the 4 episodes on the DVD are about junk food. Pie and Cake. There are thousands of other food words and topics than pushing the junk food. Apple, Pear, Plum, Peas
Kid, 12 years old December 7, 2011

Should bore them

It may be for little kids, but I tested this show on my baby cousin and she hated it. She zoned out, not wanting to be involved. So I'd change it to another young kid's program, like Sid the Science Kid or Dora.
Adult Written byljj130 April 9, 2008

Awesome show for learning letters!

My 3 yr. old daughter has learned so much form Word World. She can recognize most of her letters and can tell you what sound they make. She is actually trying to sound out words once in a while too. I am very impressed with Word world! Keep up the good work!
Parent of a 4 year old Written bySarahS January 8, 2010

A great choice

Great for toddlers. Full of imaginative and educative elements. Clean, intelligent fun. Smart, does not cater to parents like so many other shows.
Parent of a 1 and 4 year old Written byliamlotte September 6, 2009

Adult Written bymkrob77375 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bystormi214 April 9, 2008

Great show!

My 3 year old and 5 year old LOVE this show. They think the animals are great. Since it started last week, my 3 year old son has been walking around spelling words and it is enforcing what my daughter is learning in Kindergarten. This show and World Word are two shows I actually like my kids to watch! Thanks PBSkids!