All member reviews for Yo Gabba Gabba!

Adult Written bymarshallclan April 9, 2008

IT'S FRESH!!!

My family loves this show. The music is a FRESH departure from the watered down Barney tunes and the almost nonsense the Wiggles project. The characters are cute and relatable which makes the lessons they teach easier for kids to believe and accept. Yes the songs are addictive..and fun. I believe this show will cultivate creativity and also boost self confidence. I love the approach and the execution is perfect, composition and content are right on....and those beats are FRESH!!!
Parent of a 4 year old Written byMomtoClaire March 12, 2011

Awful show - do not watch

I do not let my child watch this show. The characters are freaky looking and one of them looks very inappropriate (i.e. like an adult toy) in my opinion. I wish this show would get removed from the airwaves.
Kid, 7 years old April 9, 2008

this show is supid

ok im 6 but this show is supid
Parent of a 2 year old Written bypurpleshay April 5, 2011

Overstimulating

OVERSTIMULATING!! This show displays flashing lights and colors, quickly changing screens and an infusion of a variety of electronic sounds. This show would definitely be a NO NO for any child that has ADHD or Autism. The show seems like it is the visual and auditory hallucination of someone who has just had a bad trip from LSD or PCP!! My husband and I still have our mouths open in disbelief!!
Parent of a 3 and 8 year old Written byDomestica September 21, 2012

OVERSTIMULATING, mind-numbing, little educational value

Don't get me wrong, I like colorful and wacky characters as much as the next person. I turned this show on, intrigued by all the enthusiasm my other parent friends were showing about it. Well, after about 3 minutes I had to argue with my kids to keep it on- THEY wanted it off. It was just mind-numbing creepy and repetitive music with characters that look like they were designed with the sole purpose of being future merchandise. It is like a real-live crazy dream, a kiddie LSD trip. No thanks, there are lots of other more worthwhile things to place your 2-3 year old in front of than this crap.
Parent of a 2, 4, 10, and 11 year old Written bybpm01 December 11, 2010

Creepy but great!

This has to be one of the weirdest kids shows ever, but they love it. The characters are definitely strange and kind of creepy. But it has positive messages and fun music so why not.
Parent Written byEvanston212 July 28, 2012

Will make your kid dazed.

I think this show is ridiculously overstimulating. They actually take overstimulation to a new level. The producers and directors of this show have to be men that think keeping a toddler's attention is done by captivating them in any way possible. The data is out that reveals that hours of television overstimulation in children below age of 6 from TV shows like this directly correlate with increased risk of ADHD. Overstimulation is not attention, its mesmerizing. Just because it is mesmerizing doesn't mean it helps your kid develop.
Parent of an infant year old Written bymomma_amma July 6, 2009

Great show for my whole family

We absolutely love this show as a family. Myself and my husband are generation-x-ers all grown up and this really strikes us as something seriously appropriate for our son, but also really cool. I think it sits well with adults without having any weird jokes to go over your little ones' heads. We love the songs. My husband wants to be Brobee. We love DJ Lance Rock. My son loves to dance to the music, and we love to dance with him. We think it's genius!
Adult Written bysapphiremarie April 9, 2008

Made my 4yr old turn the tv off

My son was in tears and terrified of this show! He actually turned Noggin off because of it. This is a first! AWFUL and FRIGHTENING!
Adult Written bygolt73 April 9, 2008

Can't believe Nick Jr. actually OK'd this garbage

What planet is the Nick Jr. executive from who OKd this garbage? Are you seriously going to tell us as parents that there's some psychological study that songs that repeat the same phrase a BILLION times are good for children. You have Blue's Clues, Backyardigans, Dora, Diego and this????? To borrow a phrase from Sesame Street ....'one of these things is not like the others....' Give my daughter another 1/2 hour of Max and Ruby over this crap!
Parent of a 5 year old Written bygood parent 5 January 14, 2011

Show role models are lacking

the other day seen Jack Back dancing on the show... he is potrayed as a drug user and a loser in just about every move or show i have seen him in... not a positive role model!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byParamoreFan09 September 1, 2010

I love it! So random and gets me and my friends laughing till it hurts at it! wouldn't want to be raised on it though.

This show makes me laugh till it hurts. Sure the target audience is like age three, but its so... so... incredibly stupid! You could say we make fun of it, but we still enjoy watching it. At my friend's halloween party, we watched the halloween episodes. "Skeletons... and SPOOKY TOAST!!!" haha that one made us all die! And party in my tummy. and Don't bite your friends. It's so random! I just bought a shirt that says "Don't bite your friends" on it with Moono holding a spider at Hot Topic. Sometimes we wonder if it was created just for older kids to laugh at! I'm constantly singing those songs and cracking my friends up. I'm just glad that im old enough to figure out that this show is bizarre and not something I'd want to be raised on. If I was, I would probably be wandering around talking to trash cans or trees right now. DJ Lance kinda scares me...
Kid, 10 years old December 2, 2009

TERRIBLE!!! DO NOT WATCH!!! YOU WILL BE BRAINWASHED!!!

I watched one episode of this and almost had to go get a barf bag. Go ahead and let ur kid see this, if u dont care about their brains. Its completely mindless and if there are any good messages in this i cant find em. Its like a hypnotic alternative universe that will generate strange and brainless behavior in toddler years. Theres alot of Yo Gabba Gabba (i think im gonna hurl just saying it) toys, and the characters look like stuffed animals. Kids who get brainwashed by the show might want to buy products. I cant even say enough to shoe you how terrible it is. On top of everything, its just plain STRANGE. If u care about how ur kid turns out when he\she gets older, dont show them this twisted mutant of a show.
Adult Written byYes April 9, 2008

(This is weird)

This is the weirdest people in a costume show ever except for Boohbah. Your kids will be taught to be stupid and random. They sing boring songs that get stuck in your head and torture you because the words never change, and that arcade games randomly pop up. I said that Drugs are an issue in this show, and i'm pretty sure it's like a drug on kids, only by audio.

um...

Okay I am 11 but this show stinks!!!This is the worst show ever!
Kid, 12 years old March 12, 2015

A fun show that kids will love

This show might sometimes be annoying but it's still fun.And the beats from the songs can be catchy.
Parent of a 1, 9, and 11 year old Written byamymomof3girls October 24, 2014

2 Year Old's Favorite!

In the words of my toddler: "Yo Gwabba Gwabba wocks". She is enchanted with this show, and it is positive, clean fun for kids! A+ Nick Jr! We love Nick Jr!
Kid, 8 years old September 19, 2014

Terrible

I am eight but still this is a bad show no nothing to learn do not watch.
Adult Written byquicklegs April 1, 2014

horrror

gave children i was taking care of nightmares
Teen, 16 years old Written bytonytorresan884 December 25, 2013

A FIASCO!!!

Bleh, this show is just WIERD. What are those things anyway. Also, Plex has SUCH an irritating voice. The songs are very annoying and ALWAYS piss me off.