All member reviews for Yo Gabba Gabba!

Adult Written bymarshallclan April 9, 2008

My family loves this show. The music is a FRESH departure from the watered down Barney tunes and the almost nonsense the Wiggles project. The characters are cute and relatable which makes the lessons they teach easier for kids to believe and accept. Yes the songs are addictive..and fun. I believe this show will cultivate creativity and also boost self confidence. I love the approach and the execution is perfect, composition and content are right on....and those beats are FRESH!!!
Parent of a 2 year old Written bypurpleshay April 5, 2011

OVERSTIMULATING!! This show displays flashing lights and colors, quickly changing screens and an infusion of a variety of electronic sounds. This show would definitely be a NO NO for any child that has ADHD or Autism. The show seems like it is the visual and auditory hallucination of someone who has just had a bad trip from LSD or PCP!! My husband and I still have our mouths open in disbelief!!
Kid, 7 years old April 9, 2008

this show is supid

ok im 6 but this show is supid
Parent of a 3 and 8 year old Written byDomestica September 21, 2012

OVERSTIMULATING, mind-numbing, little educational value

Don't get me wrong, I like colorful and wacky characters as much as the next person. I turned this show on, intrigued by all the enthusiasm my other parent friends were showing about it. Well, after about 3 minutes I had to argue with my kids to keep it on- THEY wanted it off. It was just mind-numbing creepy and repetitive music with characters that look like they were designed with the sole purpose of being future merchandise. It is like a real-live crazy dream, a kiddie LSD trip. No thanks, there are lots of other more worthwhile things to place your 2-3 year old in front of than this crap.
Parent Written byEvanston212 July 28, 2012

Will make your kid dazed.

I think this show is ridiculously overstimulating. They actually take overstimulation to a new level. The producers and directors of this show have to be men that think keeping a toddler's attention is done by captivating them in any way possible. The data is out that reveals that hours of television overstimulation in children below age of 6 from TV shows like this directly correlate with increased risk of ADHD. Overstimulation is not attention, its mesmerizing. Just because it is mesmerizing doesn't mean it helps your kid develop.
Parent of a 2, 4, 10, and 11 year old Written bybpm01 December 11, 2010

Creepy but great!

This has to be one of the weirdest kids shows ever, but they love it. The characters are definitely strange and kind of creepy. But it has positive messages and fun music so why not.
Adult Written bysapphiremarie April 9, 2008

Made my 4yr old turn the tv off

My son was in tears and terrified of this show! He actually turned Noggin off because of it. This is a first! AWFUL and FRIGHTENING!
Parent of a 1, 3, 6, and 11 year old Written byla-lahb May 24, 2015

This is a great show my kids love it
Adult Written byquicklegs April 1, 2014

gave children i was taking care of nightmares
Parent of a 5 year old Written bygood parent 5 January 14, 2011

Show role models are lacking

the other day seen Jack Back dancing on the show... he is potrayed as a drug user and a loser in just about every move or show i have seen him in... not a positive role model!!!!!!
Adult Written bygolt73 April 9, 2008

Can't believe Nick Jr. actually OK'd this garbage

What planet is the Nick Jr. executive from who OKd this garbage? Are you seriously going to tell us as parents that there's some psychological study that songs that repeat the same phrase a BILLION times are good for children. You have Blue's Clues, Backyardigans, Dora, Diego and this????? To borrow a phrase from Sesame Street ....'one of these things is not like the others....' Give my daughter another 1/2 hour of Max and Ruby over this crap!
Parent of an infant year old Written bymomma_amma July 6, 2009

Great show for my whole family

We absolutely love this show as a family. Myself and my husband are generation-x-ers all grown up and this really strikes us as something seriously appropriate for our son, but also really cool. I think it sits well with adults without having any weird jokes to go over your little ones' heads. We love the songs. My husband wants to be Brobee. We love DJ Lance Rock. My son loves to dance to the music, and we love to dance with him. We think it's genius!
Adult Written byYes April 9, 2008

(This is weird)

This is the weirdest people in a costume show ever except for Boohbah. Your kids will be taught to be stupid and random. They sing boring songs that get stuck in your head and torture you because the words never change, and that arcade games randomly pop up. I said that Drugs are an issue in this show, and i'm pretty sure it's like a drug on kids, only by audio.
Parent Written byKSRB3114 July 17, 2015

Some learning but....

This show (some episodes actually) are alright. Others are just plain horrible. I don't let my 2 year old watch it a lot, too much going on and gets confusing. DJ Lance scares me & the characters voices are annoying. She doesnt seem to like it much either, but some kids might. Id rather let her watch other shows
Parent of a 3, 8, and 11 year old Written byhomeofplay December 28, 2013

Yoooo Gabba Gabba!

I could go on and on. Where do I even begin? My three daughters (ages eleven, eight, and three) love Yo Gabba Gabba. And no, this does not affect my older girls' friendships at all. To one reviewer: how on Earth does Muno look like an adult toy!? He's a one eyed alien with dots! The theme song is fun and upbeat. The favorite in our home is Foofa. Highly recommended!
Written byAnonymous September 19, 2013

Yo Gabba Garbage!

I really hope this show is gone. It's probably the worst baby show I've seen so far (well, actually that's Boohbah). Crappy songs, too much fourth wall breaking, annoying characters and cliché plots. Avoid this like you'd avoid death! -10/10
Parent of an infant, 7, and 10 year old Written byChristina2432 March 6, 2013

I love this show and so does my 9 month old son he can't get enough of it.He dances all the time and the songs are great they teach him not to hit or bite and to be nice to the ones he loves and his friends.They also teach them about eating healthy,colors and numbers babies can learn these things early.I don't care about how they look I will not teach my son how to not like someone because they are different.I have two older girls and 10 and 7 they love watching it with him they dance with him and sing the songs to him its a great show for kids.My husband and I loves the show we dance with him and sing the songs all the time I would love to take him to a live show.He will be also having his first birthday yo gabba gabba can't wait.
Parent Written byMurfTurf March 9, 2012

I cant stand this show...its horrible :(
Parent Written byStacieLi June 16, 2011

Wonderful show...a little weird, but very engaging!

My daughter LOVES "Babba" time each day. She will ask for it all day long....she only gets one episode in the morning and one after dinner, but she would sit and watch it all day long if I'd let her.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byLilybugsMom January 14, 2011

A fun, quirky show with an edge parents can appreciate!

Yo Gabba Gabba is my daughter's favorite show and my husband and I love it! It's focused on things preschoolers really need to know (i.e., don't bite your friends) with a realistic perspective for kids (i.e. it's nice to win, it's ok to lose). The non-sequitur cartoons alternate between retro and ultra mod, but either way are consistently fun and quirky. And although the music can be, well, mind numbing, the songs are surprisingly catchy and the lyrics are simple and repetitive enough for a toddler to really master them. As a plus for parents, hip bands and celebrity dancey dance friends are featured in every episode. And besides, who can resist the adorable sight of your preschooler attempting to beat box along with Biz Markie? Not this momma!