All member reviews for Yu-Gi-Oh!

Card game-turned-TV show for gradeschoolers.

Adult Written by003.5 February 5, 2010

This show's time has come and gone.

People claimed this would be the next Pokemon. It actually never once exceeded Pokemon in popularity. Now that Kazuki Takahashi is gutting the franchise and killing off its remaining fanbase, the only joy I find is in the YouTube abridged version by LittleKuriboh.
Kid, 11 years old January 23, 2011

YUGIOH! ROCKS!

I am 11 and i love Yugioh but there is some blood in the the 10th season and Mokuba gets kidnapped a lot i love him and Yugi is so hot! soul are taken and its awesome!!!!!!!!!!! people this is for kids that act over their age like me. i watch M and MA anime and i love yugioh! plus i am Rebbecca i am smart i love yugi and i am a fan girl. kids 9-10-11-12. Highlights: hot guys, great fun, and funny characters. PS i watch a lot of anime and i home school.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byjojovonjo July 16, 2011

Research before reviewing

This show is quite good. It came out long before the card game and i wish that the people who write reviews on this site would have their facts strait before posting on this website
Kid, 10 years old May 1, 2011

a anime,but bad

DONT WATCH THIS (yes its anime but its terrible!)watch Hikaru No Go insted!its much better!
Adult Written bylanekintigh April 9, 2008

Unhappy monsters

My review of Yu-Gi-Oh TV is slanted by the artwork I find on the cards. Although I permit my son Jack, age 6, to own Pokemon and a number of other cards of this type, I am very concerned at the tone of the artwork found in Yu-Gi-Oh, and I don't let him watch the show. Most of the monsters are simply evil and repulsive, and shockingly so compared to other game cards in the marketplace. They just seem to me to have been created by a depraved mind, and I won't allow my son to play with them. I am interested in hearing from other parents who feel the same (or differently!) Give me a reality check: have I over-reacted? Lane Kintigh, a parent in Chicago area.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBakura FTW May 21, 2011

Painstakingly Amazing

I admit, I was in love with this series. I practically grew up with it and I was horribly dismayed to find that it had not been listed in ANY "Top [animes, TV shows]...." I read! The outstanding storylines, grounding character depth and overall awesomeness blew me away, but it seems that the brilliant anime did not get the proper recognition it deserved! I checked the trailers and advertising, which seemed fine, so I guess people just don't like the idea of epic card games with a dangerous Egyptian twist. :(. However, even I admit the constant ramblings of the characters as they explain (to the audience) the entire game gets a little tiresome. Very, very minor violence and blood (due to 4kids' strict dubbing). Then there are the follow ons, GX, 5Ds, and the new Zexal. GX was very nearly as epic as the original, and I really did try to love 5Ds, but I couldn't get over the whole "card games on motorcycles" theme. Zexal? So far, Zexal has honestly just been one big, screwed up "WTF?!".
Teen, 16 years old Written byBlueDragonMaster98 June 5, 2010

4kids is very bad at dubbing

4kids messed Yu-Gi-Oh! up very bad. The Japanese version is better and more adult (but barely). Even so, it makes more sense than the 4kids garbage.
Teen, 17 years old Written byParranormalHour June 1, 2011

Really people

Okay since every is hatting on my favorite shows I just feel the need to point several things out about this show. First the Dark Magician Girl and Mai Valentine, any one every wonder why they both wear very little clothing??? Next the 'scary' monsters are fake and that is clearly explained in the first episode. The only time they are real is then Dartz makes his appearance and in the shadow realm. And finally the product placement, well what did you expect the show has almost no plot and 4kids took all the real violent scenes out (expect for Joey punching Yami and a scene where Mokuba is in chains) So they have to make some money off the show. Now i do like this show but i like the original Japanese version or the abridged series better. (Note both of those aren't recommended for children.) So yes there are skimpy outfits, so called scary monsters and product placement but what did you expect a show about fluffy bunnies that play cards to pass the time?
Teen, 13 years old Written byMoviefreak124 November 4, 2009

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The series was excellent and awesome and should have gone to the End.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymkalv October 21, 2010

Lots of product placement.

I really like this show and the books that this show are based on. Yes, it has lots of product placement, but also a good plot.
Parent of a 5, 6, and 8 year old Written bymarieke September 7, 2010

Kid, 11 years old February 3, 2011

Cool for kids 6+

Yeah role models good but the girls have some, well, "pronounced" chests. and, animefan6363, If you like YGO, go to xerocreative.com, go to media, and download YVD. It's an online dueling system. If ya need help, email me at mab1999@gmail.com .
Kid, 8 years old January 9, 2011

Teen, 14 years old Written byzackaback August 27, 2009

OK Show For Kids And It's A OK Show In Terms Of How Good It Is
Kid, 12 years old June 10, 2011

Umm

Personally, I hate this show. It is stupid, but Jaden is hot. But; look Yugi-Oh! up now, so many parodies and fandubs have been made about it by a man they call "Little Kuriboh" that are explicit. His parodies include every cuss word you can think of, and some you may not have even heard of. So I think Yugi-Oh! is a very dangerous YouTube topic for any age. Look up "Without Yugi", and "Jaden's Rap" on YouTube.
Teen, 17 years old Written byshady_atem April 9, 2008

japanese and English versions very different

The rating I gave on YuGiOh is based on the real Japanese version so I put BIG ISSUE on most of the pole. YuGiOh was created by Kazuki Takahashi and it became anime in 1996. YuGiOh was originally intended for older youth of about 13yrs & up. All the other reviews I read seem to be based on the English dub version. It's the edited version of YuGiOh made for kids. All the sex, violence, blood, killing is edited out. In Japan it wouldn't be recommended that kids watch it. I'm sorry but i just had to let kids and parents know that. Although it's not the real version I think the EDITED YuGiOh is appropriate for children 8yrs-up. It's a great, good quality anime show and it's meaning is about freindship and the loyalty between friends which is very important for children to know. Plus the card game is cool and teaches useful skills such as math(calculating monster damage) for example. The unedited Japanese version is NOT meant for kids at all. I am a HUGE fan of the show, magna and movies!!
Adult Written byjoshua martinez May 23, 2010

7 and up.

yu-gi-oh is in ok cartoon but parents this cartoon series yu-gi-oh has a lot of scary monsters and cartoon violence that may frighten your young kids.
Kid, 11 years old March 24, 2011

BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im a kid and i enjoy the show but parents dont be fooled im a christain and some of this stuff is VERY unGodly so just be REALLY REALLY REALLY careful
Adult Written bypunk_butters April 9, 2008

Not brainless

Ok, you people who say that the 'monsters' are too 'scary' are way too over protective of your kids. So they aren't pretty, that's life. & those of you who say Pok'emon is better, are you nutz? Pok'emon is so braindead. They repeat the same plot over & over, they just twik the charaters. I thought the show sounded dumb at first too, but I found it actually has a fairly good plot. The characters have structured relations.P.S; I don't play the card game, so don't go thinking I only like it for that.
Teen, 17 years old Written byGod_of_shadows April 9, 2008

The Most Intelligent Kids Show In a Long While

This is an extremely deep and intelligent animated series that combined elements of myth with history and modernity to create an inventive mix. The plot is very interesting and changes frequently, and the same goes for the characters. This shouldn't be dismissed because of the relation to a card game.