All member reviews for Zevo-3

Violence consumes these teen superhero stories.

Kid, 11 years old December 2, 2010

It's something you really have to choose to watch. Is it good by your standards or bad?

Both of the previous reviewers are wrong! No, it is definitely NOT too violent. But no, it is NOT lacking violence. The last thing we need is for us kids to get more violent! People die ever day because as kids people saw violent shows! We need less violence and Zevo - 3 knows the difference between action and violence. The fact that they're mutants doesn't change the fact that they're fighting them but they never kill them! If commonsense paid any attention to the endings, they would see the mutants return practically unharmed to 'Stankfoot'. Too violent but at the same time it's not lacking action. The flirting though I have an issue with. So what Ellie and Jason have a crush on each other? All kids have crushes. I had a crush. But it's not them I'm worried about, it's the Spanish character. I find it rude that they would stereotype like that. She always throws herself over any boy that she sees. I thought that was very rude. They stereotyped the way that Jason speaks (being black) and especially the way his Grandmother speaks. They stereotyped the way that parents act. Saying that they act like complete idiots and that they always wear stupid clothes. My parents do not act like that. They are two of the coolest people I know! But if you didn't watch shows that stereotyped like that, you wouldn't watch TV at all - which isn't a bad thing at all come to think of it. And also the problem with the commercial advertising. All it is is a giant commercial for Skechers but again, I'm okay with that. Because, I don't expect my mom to buy me Skechers sneakers anytime soon.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheMolli6 October 15, 2010

Just when I thought cartoons couldn't get any worse....

I turn on my T.V, only to find "Zevo-3" This show is just terrible! I'm disgusted with what Nick is actually airing. Are you serious? It's a 22 minute commercial. Not only that, but it's blatantly obvious that Sketchers made this to sell their products. Also, the plot-line, character development, and character designs are really dense, and don't even get me started on the dated slang, or the fact that the characters possess incredibly lame powers. Please do not even let your children watch this. When you see this show, change the channel. You'll be glad you did.
Teen, 15 years old Written byibarncat November 28, 2010

Violence does not consume these teen superhero stories

If you saw my first review, know now that I wrote it having seen only about five minutes at most of a small number of episodes early in the show's run. However, I eventually gave the show a full chance, and I was surprised by the fact that it is NOT primitive, and ironically has more continuity than the Voltron Force and Monsuno of modern-day Nicktoons. It is a well-written show that is kind of like X-Men, except it is more realistic in terms of knowing what mutation would actually do to someone. The main characters and the villains are the only ones whose mutations are actually benefitial. The other mutants are physically handicapped and/or extremely ugly. As a result of this, they are hated by society a lot more than the X-Men could ever think possible. In other words, the world of the Zevo-3 is as bad as Magneto makes out his situation to be. The most interesting part about the show is the hypocrisy of the mayor: he is secretly a mutant, yet he is putting all of his energy into destroying the mutants. SPOILER ALERT curiosly enough, he actually succeeds in doing this at the end of the series. All of the mutants are killed except for him and the Zevo-3, who are apparently forced into hiding their powers for good. In other words, this show has the most interesting series finale of any Nick show. Even Dragon Ball Z's series finale wasn't quite that good. And the finales of Danny Phantom and Avatar are dry and overly-predictable in comparison.
Teen, 14 years old Written byConan Edogawa March 5, 2013

why this show is good and not violent

it great the kids are place to overcome walls of trouble and the monster are interesting creations. and just so you parents know this will not teach your kids bad thing unless they are kids that are bad already. second of all violence is not a thing to describe this show, it is action pact and always interesting for the viewers. and third of all people i watch this entire show already and it's not bad the kids are good and only prank when it's actually funny.
Kid, 11 years old May 20, 2012

Too cliche!

It could be cool... if it weren't so cliche. I mean, sketchers doesn't need it's own freaking TV show!!!
Kid, 12 years old January 7, 2012

Stupid

Just another freaking show that is just a commercial. *sighs* What has our media come to???
Parent Written bymnv August 11, 2011

terrible show

just an obvious excuse for sketchers to hock shoes
Kid, 11 years old April 28, 2011

dont watch this

I hate this show!
Adult Written byNeyer November 15, 2010

Wrong messages abound in Zevo 3!!!

On top of the obvious product placement (the main characters are all based off of older Sketchers commercials) and excessive flirting done by children, the show has no educational value, implies that violence is the only way to defeat their enemies, has no visible role models, and uses inappropriate words constantly (stupid and butt are among the most common). The show is flat, boring for anyone with an education higher than second grade, and far too violent for anyone younger than twelve. The lack of role models and positive messages is what concerns me the most. There is Grams (the grandmother of one of the children) but she encourages her grandson and his friends to go off and fight. There is a complete lack of concern for their welfare, as demonstrated when her grandson breaks down an old water tower which is not only dangerous, but also illegal. She does nothing to correct his behavior and doesn't even attempt to talk them all out of their violent tendencies even though they blatantly put themselves in extreme danger. A final concern would be the monster they fight. Most of these monsters are engineered, or forced, to destroy and hurt people, but the children simply go off and kill them without even trying to help them, implying that anyone dangerous (bullies, for instance) should be treated violently and given no chance to redeem themselves or change. Young children invariably see violent characters in these types of shows as the bullies of their school. This show encourages them to use violence to break down anyone who tries to hurt them. Anyone under twelve should not watch this. Anyone over twelve might be able to watch it if they're mature enough (i.e. they understand that violence is never the answer and this is entirely fictional and only meant as a form of entertainment). I don't recommend this show for anyone that needs to be babysat and I put it on my 'do not watch' list, right next to Kick Buttowski.