All member reviews for Zoboomafoo

Preschoolers will go wild for this animal show.

Adult Written bybizarrogirl April 9, 2008

Straightforward fun

I love this show. It has nothing to do with how cute the Kratt brothers are. (No, really!) My two year old enjoys it on the occasions I let her watch, she learns a lot, enjoys the animals, and moves along with what they're doing. The segments are short and hold her attention. I also appreciate it because it's not full of ham-handed moralizing, like a lot of children's shows. It's just fun and informative.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byeswanson April 9, 2008

Presents factual info in a fun way

Even tho I picked the 2-4 age group, I don't know if it would appeal to 2 yos. 3s and up - definately! I like how they give kids the facts abt different animals in an appealing way. The hosts are a bit too goofy for my taste but my 4 yo loves them.
Adult Written bycryshill April 9, 2008

Fun for all ages

This is one of the only shows that my 8 year old daughter, my 3 year old son and I will all sit down and watch. Most shows are age specific for one of the kids but the botht hink show is utterly fantastic.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byhondurab June 12, 2009

Great guy energy, perfect little kid wavelength

My 3 year old son and I love this show. The Kratt brothers have silly antics like falling in the mud every show, very athletic/energetic backdrop activities (swinging, kayaking, hiking, biking, surfing, jumping etc.) they casually incorporate into the show. They have gadgets that appeal, like the food machine and the occasional project like dinosaur building are oh-so-great for my boy. They just exude fun and love for the animals at all times, as well as respect. Every animal one introduces, the other brother says, "X-animal, I love X-animals!!" I think they have a great understanding of how little kids process and what appeals. Zoboo, the lemur, has great sayings and his Zobooland imaginings are really great because he always applies whatever concept or animal attributes to his play with a set of claymation characters that are his friends. This is another show that I think does a great job of teaching and teaching lessons without hitting us over the head with them, but demonstrating them and showing with lighthearted examples.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDisneymovielover77 April 1, 2015

One of the best shows on PBS Kids

I LOVED this show when I was younger. It's funny, entertaining and it teaches a lot about various different types of animals. There are also cool clay figures in some of the episodes and it's entertaining. The Theme Song is one of the best theme songs on a show out of all the other shows. The show is about the Kratt brothers at animal junction and a friend lemur named Zaboomafoo. You learn about a lot of animals and cool facts about them. I think they need to put this show back on or release it on DVD!!! Many kids of all ages will love Zaboomafoo and all the animals and even the cool animals. Highly recommended!!
Kid, 10 years old August 31, 2013

You'll go ape for this series by PBS Kids!

Your toddler or preschooler will learn about some animals in this TV series! Just by watching it...reminds me of National Geographic.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAraxie_River April 27, 2013

Wonderful and cute, a true favourite in my childhood

I remember watching this show when I was 3-4 years old, and I remember loving it a lot. I loved the main characters, the animals, the closet joke, and much more. I really can't say anything bad about it.
Adult Written byJEDI micah September 8, 2012

GO WILD!!!

I loved this show so much, mostly because it taught me so much about animals and how they survive in the wild! I also thought that Chris and Martin were funny! Kids will definitely learn a lot about nature from this show! It is guaranteed that they are bound to love it! I know I did!
Kid, 12 years old August 13, 2012

Enthusiastic, fast-paced, and enjoyable

This show combines animation, real-life animals, age-appropriate humor, and a peaceful, happy tone. It'll entertain pretty much everyone and teaches kids about the mannerisms of animals and their habitats. Kids will not only learn about the animals, but also empathizing with them. The hosts always show genuine enthusiasm and are clearly excited about getting kids to learn about animals. So if your child loves animals I'd definitely recommend this show.
Parent Written bycat20mommy January 27, 2012

learning

there learning about all kinds of animals.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byFumblingAngel July 29, 2011

Great for Preschoolers

There isn't much I will let my 3 year son watch..but this is one show I feel totally safe with. Presents information about animals in a fun way, that engages, and is interactive. Great show :)
Adult Written bynduns May 1, 2011

I'm not afraid to admit it... I love this

In all my years, I have never really been that into straight-up educational shows. Wildlife shows and the like: never really interested me except for Meerkat Manor. That was pretty cool. This show teaches about a number of interesting animals and Zaboo himself is a very fun character to watch. The human characters are also fun in their own right and, well, this is just a really fun show. Like another reviewer said, the only parts I wasn't a big fan of were those claymation shorts. They were just kind of pointless. Still, it's not enough for me to take off points. I highly recommend this show.
Parent of a 2, 2, and 6 year old Written byElizabethBB February 15, 2011

My 2-yr-old twins love this show as does my 6-yr-old. It is not often that I can find shows that will satisfy all of them. The younger ones love to see the animals and get very excited about Zoboomafoo and my older son will tell me all about what he learned from Chris and Martin. They all love Chris and Martin's antics. I do not let my kids watch much TV (frequently none at all during a day) and this is one that I quite comfortably let them all enjoy when they need a little down time.
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011

great for animal lovers!!!

I LOVE THIS SHOW TO DEATH!!!!! ITS MY FAVORITE LITTLE KID SHOW. BECAUSE OF IT I GOT A TOY RING TAILED LEMUR AT ST. LOUIS ZOO AND NAMED IT ZOOBOOMAFOO!!!THIS SHOWS THE REASON WHY IM SKIPPING AROUND THE HOUSE TRYING TO LOOK LIKE ZOBOOMAFOO. GREAT SHOW FOR ANIMAL LOVERS LIKE MYSELF!
Kid, 11 years old January 1, 2011

So u know, I am just PikachuLover121 with a diff username, cuz I forgot my PW, :(. Before we got cable, we just had PBS, Fox, and WB Kids. Besides Pokemon, Digimon, and Yu-Gi-Oh I don't like anime so the only channel I wanted to watch was PBS. I remember watching Sesame Street, Zoboomafoo, The Big Comfy Couch, Jay-Jay The Jetplane, Between The Lions, Dragontales, and Cyberchase on PBS. But, the one I will focus on for now, is Zoboomafoo. I had watched it once and it had something like a platypus on it (Maybe it wasn't a platypus, but some animal was making a teeth grinding noise). After watching it, I asked my mom if I could have a couple of pork rinds (She thinks their gross but I love 'em, :D) and she said "no" and did the teeth noise and she said "NO! DO NOT DO THAT THAT IS BAD FOR YOUR TEETH!" I had done the noise ever since and I called it a "teeth scratch". I always have done a noise called a "swallow" that is a big gulp, anyway back to Zoboo. A week later I watched it and I had gotten put in my room for saying something sassy and when I had gotten out I was crying about the "Zoboomafoo" theme song because I didn't have any animals friends like Zoboo. I did have some dogs and cats, but not wild animal friends. Then at dinner I asked my parents if I could have a lemur for a pet and she said that that is illegal and I cried again. That afternoon we looked for a birthday party theme, u know because my birthday was coming up. And I was thinking about the "lemur" thing again and cried. VERY GREAT SHOW! but that really did happen, no joke, :(.
Kid, 11 years old December 22, 2010

I LOVED this show when I was seven and the theme song still makes me LOL, :). But one morning, I woke up and watched the show, later, I was crying saying that the theme song was sad cuz I didn't have any animal friends. Later that day, when my mom and dad were making dinner, I asked them if I could have a lemur for a pet. They said no and I started crying again. Great show, except that really did happen to me, :(.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEspumaMarina September 26, 2010

I think its cute when its in the live action parts, and I like their little greenhouse and it teaches really neat facts, the one thing I hate is when they do those clay images of the animals, like the anteater.. he doesn't look like he has eyes at all, otherwise I love it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 August 20, 2010

This is a good show that teachs kids about different animals. The show is about the Kratt brothers, Martin and Chris, who are friends with a leemur named Zoboo. In every episode, Martin, Chris and Zoboo find an animal and they start learning about it. It's kind of like Animal Planet for prescooler's except it has a talking animal in it. And it doesn't show violent animal behavior, so it's safe for kids.
Adult Written byAgent 007 James Bond July 6, 2010