All member reviews for Zoey 101

Tweens will love this fluffy California dream.

Kid, 10 years old April 7, 2010

Used to be fine. Now Jamie lynn is pregnant so it's awkward

Used to be a good show until she got knocked up at 16. Making-out is brief. Nothin too bad in this. But now jamie, as quoted by several people, has "shattered the innocence" of little kids who watch this. Good for 10+. Just a LOT of dating. It's barely funny either. More of a tween-drama than a comedy.
Kid, 10 years old March 26, 2011

Zoey 101

Personally i love the show and think it is great! Only they stopped making more episodes so you have to watch the same ones over and over again which gets kind of boring. Other then that i Love the show!
Teen, 14 years old Written byAlinaW. April 10, 2010

1st seasons are better, definetly recommended!

This is an awesome show for tweens and teens, and I think I've seen every episode, especially because it seems it's on in the after-school time slot, which is when I usually tend to turn on the tube. It's pretty realistic, but no one seems to have to work to have an amazing room, clothes, or generally stuff, and characters like Nicole (In earlier episodes) and Logan make things funnier. If you're going to watch online, or buy on DVD, I'd definetly reccomend the first couple of seasons, it seems they're less romance and love triangles, and more girls power and funny stuff!
Parent Written byMrCrocodile April 29, 2013

It's a Cute Show

I really enjoyed this show. Beginning to end. I don't think I was ever in the demographic for this show but I loved it. I didn't think Zoey 101 was considered a comedy but apparently it is. I saw it as a little drama series much like I did for Lizzie McGuire. I don't think the girls are using lots of makeup or wearing really inappropriate clothing. If that WAS true, their own school would say something about it when they'd go to class. They're really well grounded for kids who are by themselves with only the teachers and guidance counsellors at the school. And there's criticism for the character Zoey which baffles me. There's a review where someone says something positive about Zoey. Something I think makes me character cool. Zoey maybe popular, but she's also nice and she's a leader and she has good grades and she's tutored other kids. Usually the popular girl is a mean girl in TV and movies. Usually they aren't this smart and I love that as a popular girl, Zoey stands out. It's sad people don't see the character in a good light but think about it. Isn't this the girl you want to see running your school? Isn't this the girl you want to see be popular? This may not happen in real life, but this is I think beautiful to look at. I also love the school, inside and out. I know schools shouldn't have to look a certain way to be good but I think the setting creates a comfortable environment for the students. As for the other characters, I know people might not like Logan because of how much of a ladies man he is and how obnoxious can he be, and I know Quinn's inventions can be a bit dangerous (but still awesome) and she can be quite weird. But I think it's cute to see that Logan and Quinn of all boys and girls, eventually fall for each other. Michael is okay. I didn't see much about him except he was a good friend of Chase's. All the characters are fine. I love Lola especially. I love how Zoey shows in the first episode that girls can do things just as good as boys can. Often there's a boys vs girls thing going on which I love about the show. And people saying that by now boys and girls would've been having sex by now if they were in this boarding school, you clearly must believe kids are total mindless morons with no common sense because these kids are better than that. It's much different from Dan's other work but I love it anyway.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybpixie July 23, 2010

Show is funny, who cares about the stars?

yes, yes, okay, jamie lynn spears got pregnant. WHOA!!!! but let me ask you this: why are we talking about some flimsy star doing something wrong when we are supposed to be reviewing the show??? i personally think that zoey 101 is pretty funny, certainly one of the better nick shows. i liked the first few seasons, but then i admit it got a bit boring. nicole and dana were the best characters, and quinn falling in love with logan? that's just wrong. should've had a better ending. good try, nick.
Teen, 16 years old Written bydancer917 April 9, 2008

ZoEy RoCkS!!!!

Zoey 101 is one of the best shows ever!! I love it! It stars Jamie Lynn Spears as Zoey who goes to PCA, which is a boarding school that used to be all boys, but for the first time, they are letting girls come too. It's about their life and stuff at boarding school. I think its very entertaining and has a good story line. Jamie is a great actress and ya thats about it.....if you haven't watched Zoey 101, i suggest you do!!!!!!! It's AwEsOmE!!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bySodaDog November 30, 2013

Pretty Good!

This is a great alternative to other shows of today which contain stereotypes, horrible role models, and endless fashion. Zoey is a great role model because it isn't always fashion and stuff for her. If you hate new shows like the Thundermans, then watch this fine work from the creator of iCarly!
Teen, 16 years old Written byveils July 11, 2011

ZOEY 101

Funny, enjoyable, and original but I have a problem with how the show treats "nerds", "weirdos", and people with disabilities. It seems to me that all nick shows do this. There's always one or more girls who the "nerds" like and they're so desperate too. The girls always shut them down and go on to their amazing lives.
Kid, 12 years old May 16, 2013

great

appropriate and a really good show.
Kid, 10 years old February 2, 2011

Zoey 101

Its ok not a big fan of it but if its on I'll watch it
Educator and Parent of a 11 and 12 year old Written byBibliomaniac Mom April 9, 2008

Tween Magnet, But Talk to Your Kids About It!

This is a favotrite of my two tween (11, 12) daughters. I agree with CSM that the world of Zoey is very idealistic, with not many real world, tough problems that today's teens face addressed here. (Perhaps this attracts a wider audience for the network.) Like other shows marketed for a tween audience, keep in mind that the characters date and have kissing and touching as a problem focus. For example, in one episode a girl (stereotypically, the "nerdy" one) has the problem of never having kissed her boyfriend, and her friends are astonished to the point of pity for her. She spends that episode in search of her boyfriend so that she can reach that milestone. At least, however, once her boyfriend realizes what she's up to, he decides to take control so that the kiss can be meaningful, and not just any old kiss. Bottom line, wait until your kids are old enough to really start thinking about the opposite sex as attractive, and then talk to them--a lot!
Adult Written byrbrucecarter April 9, 2008

One of the BEST

Zoey 101 is perhaps the only television show that has ever portrayed outstanding students - those who are popular, make good grades, and have good behavior in a positive light. Usually, successful students are portrayed as "Mean Girls" and anti-heroic figures glorified. The optimism displayed here, the respect paid to what is obviously an exclusive private school, and the choices the kids make on their own - all imply parenting skills that have equipped the characters to excel in the environment. Parents are not present because it is a boarding school, but school staff are portrayed as caring, compassionate figures who are respected and worthy of respect. I have been on the set of the show, and seen first hand that they are careful to not offend people of faith - a casual expression of "geez" (slang for Jesus - taking the Lord's name in vain - was immediately stopped and will not air). Parents who are concerned that Jamie Spears is like her sister and a bad role model have nothing to fear. She is a polite, respectful, Christian young lady who was delightful to meet and well founded in her values by loving parents.
Written byAnonymous January 30, 2015

OK comedy/drama. Only for big kids and up.

Zoey 101 is a terrific show for high school and college (14-to-22-year-old) audiences, but also a fine show for older tweens (11+). You'll notice some mild flirting and dating, as well as some "dangs," "idiots," and "Oh my Gods." The aforementioned words (and a phrase) are not really bad, but preschoolers might not understand what they mean. There may be violence and scariness in the show, but not so much. Remember, like Ned's Declassified, that Zoey 101 was first produced a decade ago, so it is probably a TV-PG show by today's standards.
Adult Written byLPSFan1994 April 4, 2014

Awesome blend of Comedy and Drama!

I really don't get what Common sense is talking about here. Zoey 101 centers around a previously all boys boarding school at a time when girls are finally allowed at the school. The show encourages teens to be independent rather than relying on mommy and daddy to be there all the time to fight your battles. However when they have an issue they can't handle themselves there are plenty of adults, teachers and staff, who will help them. Like when Logan set up that webcam spying on the girls dorm. They got Kazu to help expose him and get Logan to tell on himself to Dean Rivers. Not everyone is privileged, in fact the only one who is, is Logan and he is cut off in season 3 when he buys a $300,000 car, then he only gets $15,000 a month. The others all have to work for their money and save it. Chase even works at Sushi Rox to get money. They are no different than the average teen, they have teen problems like trouble in school, dating, but they have to be more responsible because they don't have mommy and daddy around all the time to bail them out, so its great for teaching kids how to manage being on their own. By the way Jamie Lynn Spears pregnancy had nothing to do with the show in fact she there were no signs that she was even pregnant during the production of it. And I don't know how Commonsense Media gets off saying this show has no educational content. In most of the episodes, children are being encouraged to do things like trying new things, standing up for what you believe in and NOT following the crowd, being kind, helping those around you and listening to others talk, even if you really don't care about what they are saying. Those are lessons kids nowadays should be hearing. Those are lessons that adults nowadays need to hear.
Kid, 12 years old January 5, 2014

Zoey 101 is one of my fave shows

Zoey 101 is family friendly tv show that is just so awesome. I get how some people think it is unrealistic... but it is NOT!! Yes, PCA is a fancy boarding school with some of the best teachers in the crounty, but it cost a lot of money to go there. Yes, Zoey is very popular and seems perfect, but she isn't perfect because has problems of her own that makes her angry. So, I hope this helps and Zoey 101 is on TeenNick everyday!
Kid, 11 years old September 9, 2013

Not the best... Not the worst

Im not really a fan of this show, but i will watch this if i don't like anything else on tv.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTVwatcher001 July 1, 2013

Great, great, great

Great show, great actors, great creator, great everything! You need to watch it!
Kid, 11 years old April 28, 2011

Victoria Justice acts better in Zoey 101 than Victorious

This show is very good. I kinda miss this show. Victoria Justice is way better in Zoey 101 than victorious! I love it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byChrispy6398 April 17, 2011

Pretty good, depending on how you look at it.

This show does sometimes revolve around relationships, and there's a lot of kissing. Also, the kids are pretty spoiled and sometimes their world is a little unrealistics. However, I think it provides many positive messages to balance out the bad ones, such as sexism being wrong. The two main characters, Zoey and Chase, are good role models, being bright and very good problem solvers. The others are a little iffy, though. Some characters to look out for are Quinn, who's very smart but sometimes goes a little far with her "experiments", Logan, who's very shallow and mean, and Nicole, who's flirtatious to the point where it's rediculas. However, the show makes it obvious that all three of these characters' habits aren't normal, so I wouldn't worry about it. I rated this on for ages 10+, mostly because anyone younger will probably get bored from all the teenage drama.
Parent of a 9, 13, and 17 year old Written byPie Mama July 27, 2010

A great show for the whole family!

I watch it and love it! The whole family can watch it, teen's will love it tween's will love it, and I love it!