All parent member reviews for BarbieGirls

Adult Written byCaringMomofFour November 12, 2010

BarbieGirl is run by female-hating jerks!

Mattel has the WORST customer service ever! I paid for VIP membership for myself AND my 5 yo daughter so we could play together. There is no way to meet/find friends in the online world (like on Club Penguin) and the only way to become "Best Friends" where you can visit each other privately is if EACH person buys a $50 outdated and poorly rated Barbie mp3 player! We also had lots of issues getting booted off the site, having screens freeze due to overloaded servers (they only have 7 servers), and being unable to log back in for 24 hours thanks to a lovely technical glitch they can't be bothered to correct. I called Mattel's customer service and spent well over an hour to wind up getting blatantly patronized by the rep who had the audacity to actually cancel our accounts! What kind of man enjoys making a mother angry and a little girl cry? I spoke w/his superviser AND the supervisor above them both and all are men in NYC who could give a rat's patootie and seemed to enjoy their little power trip at Mattel. Shame, shame, shame. I would NEVER give business to them again nor will I buy my little girl any new Barbie or Mattel products if this is the kind of environment and bigotry they support. WHY are angry, rude men in charge of the Barbie Girls website? :[
Adult Written bymusicluver101 December 26, 2010

Sex issue

Barbie girls.com may seem like a safe website for little girls to chat,but it isn't! I agree with the previous person that innocent words put together are naughty.And sex is a HUGE issue.Boys and men go to the site and ask girls they find attractive to go to their rooms and "do it" with them.I am uncomfortable writing this but it's true!This has happened to me a hundred times and I've seen this happen to other girls! It's not like people can give away where they live,but boys try to have sex through the game.There are also to many lesbians playing the game.You can tell if the person is a preditor,man,or boy by what they wear which is usually:Short black hair,black shirt.black pants,and black shoes.
Parent of a 9 year old Written bypopingkimani December 11, 2010

boaring website

OMG THIS is the worst website my child has ever been on.one day i wanted to see what barbie girls .com was all about .I was just being concern and i found out you can,t talk , play or nothing you have to have v.i.p and she go anywhere fun like that camping thing because she not a v.i.p but i got it for her but i did NOT show up until the fifth day and i got her the 5 package it took hell just to get that this is the lameist website i ever layed eyes on
Parent Written byshooter1029 October 7, 2010
I spent the afternoon "pretending" I was my daughter in this Barbie Virtual world. I was horrified at how members interacted with one another. I couldn't help but to think that it could possibly be a child predator chatting with me. If they are children, they sure know how to be inappropriate. These kids/people know how to chat using innocent words but when put together, have a not-so-innocent meaning. I was not impressed and I would suggest spending time on the site before letting your daughter to be on unsupervised.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byhelyahelya September 1, 2010
Adult Written byBabyCarley December 27, 2009

it's a waste of time & $$$$$

I think it's a stupid website because you can bearly do anything because you have to be a vip to do almost everthing (i should take out the almost). + you have to have MP3 players and codes to do everything too. I liked the old barbieworld better. Who ever thought of this v.i.p thing needs to DELETE IT. RIGHT NOW!
Parent of a 12 year old Written byJustthegirl3 September 29, 2009
Parent of a 2, 4, 5, 7, and 7 year old Written byProtectiveMomof5 August 26, 2009
i watched my daughter, Teresa (7) online, they talk about very innapropriate things often. they have ways to use bad language dissapointed.
Parent of an infant, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 year old Written byMotherOf8 June 23, 2009

BarbieGirls Is Truley Unfair

Barbiegirls Is A Hundred Percent Unfair.Parents,Why Pay Real CA$H For Virtual Things? I Dont Let My Kids Buy Any Things From The Internet Or Even That Mp3 They Give Out In Stores. But Once My Daughter Bought Herself An Mp3 Player That Was Barbie,She Plugged It In Did All The Instructions, And 2 Weeks Later,Her Account Has Expired,But She Had An Mp3. So As A Mom Of 8,Moms In The Outside World,Dont Get Tricked. I've Been There.Never Goin' Back. I Really Hope That Helped.
Adult Written byleanise April 9, 2008
Adult Written byboone04 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bypuschel0910 April 9, 2008

Not to bad...

I don't like barbie's but our daughter does. She is 7 1/2 and has some pc time everyday (as a reward for grades etc.) the mp3 player is easy enough to handle for a kid and not overpowering with possibilities. She loves to take it with on walks etc. the virtual world is ok. our daughter likes to decorate and interact with other barbiegirls. We appreciate the safe B chat. Altogether it's good for little girls and it's made for them not for us.