All member reviews for Bearville

Safe virtual world promotes positivity -- and products.

Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byCJJDSMOM May 22, 2009

Cute Website for Kids

I started off playing this with my son when he got his first stuffed animal. I didn't have an animal then and could still play games with him and shop with him in the stores that only require coins that you earn. As he got more comfortable with it, he could do it on his own and has a lot of fun. It helps to be able to read, or else the parent will need to be there with the child all the time. The characters can talk to each other, and now it's VERY safe because they have a menu to choose from. There are characters who have a blue hat who are "Jr. Cybear Guides" and they can help a newbie navigate the site. They keep adding new features to it, such as beach front homes .... It definately is tied in to merchandise - the more you buy at the real store the more you can convert them to speacial bear bills there to buy exclusive items. However, it still is a lot of fun without ANY purchase. That makes this site unique to others like webkins ... A companion site is bearvilleinsider.com this will give you tips and secrets.
Kid, 8 years old February 16, 2013

I DONT LIKE IT :(

VERRY BORING UNLESS YOU HAVE A PET ! THEY DONT EVEN LET YOU HAVE A HOUSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 1, 3, 8, and 10 year old Written byJacobyShaddix32 November 27, 2009

Adult Written byRIDGELASSIE February 4, 2012

BUILDING PERFECTION IN A TOY

i BELIEVE THIS IS A WONDERFUL PLACE FOR CHILDREN AND ADULTS. THE STAFF ARE WONDERFUL AND THEY CARE ABOUT THE CHILDREN. THE PRODUCTS ARE EXCELLENT.
Parent of a 7 year old Written bymaddyrockstar March 20, 2011
Teen, 16 years old Written byfantasy_faerie January 24, 2011

Great game-- but if you love it, you might want to buy a furry friend

CONCERNS Violence: There is no violent content in BABV, and violent talk is not possible as BABV only allows certain words. Sex: There is no sexual content in BABV, and sexual talk is not possible as BABV only allows certain words. Language: Swearing is not possible at BABV since BABV only allows certain words. Consumerism: Players must purchase a "furry friend" in real life to get full access to BABV's content. Drinking/Drugs/Smoking: Not an issue. HIGHLIGHTS Educational: Not much educational value. Positive Messages: BABV encourages players to love bears. Safety: BABV is pretty secure. User Content: Players can submit their own content to the Bearville Times.
Teen, 16 years old Written byWebCriticGirl76 January 5, 2011

A Wonderful Influence and Addicting Activity for Children 10 & under

When I was little, I LOVED this website. It is fun, and educates you about teamwork, kindness, honesty, love. Exploring the world used to be a blast, it was my favorite website when I was 7 and 8. This website is PERFECT for children up to 10. But I you don't have a real stuffed pet registered it's no fun at all, be sure to buy one for your kids!
Parent of a 9 year old Written bycrazy doggys October 14, 2010

playing games

im looking forword to playing games!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 17 year old Written byAntoniodeptisco May 12, 2010

It. Is. A lovely

Adult Written byjessica and me April 10, 2009

I loved it

fun fun fun fun fun
Adult Written bychocolat567 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bykidsis April 9, 2008

A nice site

I find this site enjoyable even as an adult. There are lots of games and activities. The only concerns I have are with the commercialism aspect. As an adult with a rather sizable BABW collection compared to most people (I have a total of 11 friends in the house with 10 of them registered on the site) plus lots of clothes, I have the option of spending money in the store and receiving the currency generated by my purchases. I am constantly approached for trades by younger members who think I should just give them items for nothing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKdrewk June 28, 2015

Cute website... If you have a Build-a-Bear

I have a Build-a-Bear, so I have access to most of the website. I don't really know what it's like to not have one, because I opened my account with a Build-a-Bear. This website is pretty fun and safe. There is a filtered chat option but you can turn that off, so you can only chat with prescripted phrases. It's fun, there is a whole little city to explore, with many different places. EDIT: I just tried to go on it, it has now been closed.
Parent Written byhannahs2 May 9, 2015

Four stars because vacant

Love the world; wish it didn't become vacant.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRistarFTW February 1, 2015

Good. Just Give Younger Kids Instant Chat. People Are Sometimes Mean

The Game is Good. I'd Say Safe Open Chat Was For Ages 8+ Instant Chat Is Best For The Youngest Kids. Maybe Wait For Safe Open Chat Until Some Kids Are 10.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDerpyDonut November 4, 2014

Yay, Bearville!

Beaville is a fun, safe place for your kids to play and explore. It has a wide variety of things to do, so I spend hours playing on it. Bearville is from Build-A-Bear, so you will be limited to a few things unless you have a "furry friend" from the workshop. You can have virtual replacements, so don't fear! It's a better version of Webkinz, in a way. I highly recommend this website, after all, I'm a kid who loves this website! ;)
Teen, 17 years old Written bycutecoolgirl2000 November 3, 2014

Great game

I played Bearville all the time when I was aged 9-11 [2007-2009], I went on recently after not going on at all for years because my 5 year old brother made an account, it's changed a lot since I played it, some ways for the better [It's a lot bigger and safer for younger children because the chat is a lot more restricted even with open chat, you used to be able to find a way to say absolutely anything, I remember you would put - - - to say numbers and people would online date, and for the first year that I played there was no Jr Cyberguides] and some ways for the worse [There used to be plenty to do with just a free account and to get access to everything all you needed was 1 bear, but now there are all kinds of different things you need to buy to be able to get access to everything, however, there is a lot more to do now] It is educational and full of positive messages, it's all about loving your family, how to treat other people, recycling, and from Kindergarten to 6th grade [Year 1 to Year 7 in England] there is now actual lessons at the school where you're asked actual questions like what you'd be asked in class. There is no violence, sexual content or swearing.
Kid, 10 years old December 26, 2013

sweet game aww

Amazing chat i cant get it in my head that only let u say hello goodbye want to be friends lets go to so so very sweet and kind good game PlAY IT NOW
Kid, 10 years old November 8, 2013

Certified fresh

VERY GOOD GAME :D
Kid, 10 years old September 7, 2013

Addictive site for kids 6-10 from Build a Bear

I've been on this site since I was 6, and it has really changed since then. You can move around in a virtual community, and talk and trade with other citizens like Webkinz and Club Penguin. As far as chat, parents can turn it completely off, set it to preprogrammed responses only, or do safe open chat, which is free typing chat with a very strong filter. Some people do occasionally get around the filter, but its definitely not as bad as some other virtual worlds I've been on. People also bully you about the whole rare item thing,particularly this one item called the bunny glasses,but you can hide your items and block trade requests to keep you safe. Also, can report snd ignore them, and Cybearguides, the bearville moderators, are constantly roaming everywhere. Literally. One more thing that bugs me that can't be caught really is this one emoticon. It's red with hearts around it and says "friends". But people don't use it that way, they use it to "kiss" each othe, and because everyone can use and see emoticons, having silent chat won't stop that. A lot of people film YouTube videos with other people on there, so make sure you see what your kid is doing :O You can sign up to be a Jr. Cybearguide,which is sort of like a neighborhood watch in BABV, and I guess that teaches kids positive messages. You can also go on a nature walk and help pick up trash and stuff. Also, the whole website is bear-themed. They use words like "pawsome" and "beariffic", and the mascot sort of is Bearemey, a bear.They even have a virtual Build-a-Bear Workshop! Also, they want your money. You can't have a "cub condo" without buying a stuffed animal from build a bear, and they encourage you to buy credits, which is one form of currency in BABV. There is sometimes ads for Build A Bear products, and you get promotional offers frequently in your BearMail. It's a very good site for kids 6-10, depending on their interests. Also, make sure you pick a good chat type and turn off features that you don't like ;)