All member reviews for Bearville

Kid, 8 years old February 16, 2013

I DONT LIKE IT :(

VERRY BORING UNLESS YOU HAVE A PET ! THEY DONT EVEN LET YOU HAVE A HOUSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byfantasy_faerie January 24, 2011

Great game-- but if you love it, you might want to buy a furry friend

CONCERNS Violence: There is no violent content in BABV, and violent talk is not possible as BABV only allows certain words. Sex: There is no sexual content in BABV, and sexual talk is not possible as BABV only allows certain words. Language: Swearing is not possible at BABV since BABV only allows certain words. Consumerism: Players must purchase a "furry friend" in real life to get full access to BABV's content. Drinking/Drugs/Smoking: Not an issue. HIGHLIGHTS Educational: Not much educational value. Positive Messages: BABV encourages players to love bears. Safety: BABV is pretty secure. User Content: Players can submit their own content to the Bearville Times.
Teen, 16 years old Written byWebCriticGirl76 January 5, 2011

A Wonderful Influence and Addicting Activity for Children 10 & under

When I was little, I LOVED this website. It is fun, and educates you about teamwork, kindness, honesty, love. Exploring the world used to be a blast, it was my favorite website when I was 7 and 8. This website is PERFECT for children up to 10. But I you don't have a real stuffed pet registered it's no fun at all, be sure to buy one for your kids!
Teen, 13 years old Written byRistarFTW February 1, 2015

Good. Just Give Younger Kids Instant Chat. People Are Sometimes Mean

The Game is Good. I'd Say Safe Open Chat Was For Ages 8+ Instant Chat Is Best For The Youngest Kids. Maybe Wait For Safe Open Chat Until Some Kids Are 10.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDerpyDonut November 4, 2014

Yay, Bearville!

Beaville is a fun, safe place for your kids to play and explore. It has a wide variety of things to do, so I spend hours playing on it. Bearville is from Build-A-Bear, so you will be limited to a few things unless you have a "furry friend" from the workshop. You can have virtual replacements, so don't fear! It's a better version of Webkinz, in a way. I highly recommend this website, after all, I'm a kid who loves this website! ;)
Teen, 17 years old Written bycutecoolgirl2000 November 3, 2014

Great game

I played Bearville all the time when I was aged 9-11 [2007-2009], I went on recently after not going on at all for years because my 5 year old brother made an account, it's changed a lot since I played it, some ways for the better [It's a lot bigger and safer for younger children because the chat is a lot more restricted even with open chat, you used to be able to find a way to say absolutely anything, I remember you would put - - - to say numbers and people would online date, and for the first year that I played there was no Jr Cyberguides] and some ways for the worse [There used to be plenty to do with just a free account and to get access to everything all you needed was 1 bear, but now there are all kinds of different things you need to buy to be able to get access to everything, however, there is a lot more to do now] It is educational and full of positive messages, it's all about loving your family, how to treat other people, recycling, and from Kindergarten to 6th grade [Year 1 to Year 7 in England] there is now actual lessons at the school where you're asked actual questions like what you'd be asked in class. There is no violence, sexual content or swearing.
Kid, 10 years old December 26, 2013

sweet game aww

Amazing chat i cant get it in my head that only let u say hello goodbye want to be friends lets go to so so very sweet and kind good game PlAY IT NOW
Kid, 10 years old November 8, 2013

Certified fresh

VERY GOOD GAME :D
Kid, 10 years old September 7, 2013

Addictive site for kids 6-10 from Build a Bear

I've been on this site since I was 6, and it has really changed since then. You can move around in a virtual community, and talk and trade with other citizens like Webkinz and Club Penguin. As far as chat, parents can turn it completely off, set it to preprogrammed responses only, or do safe open chat, which is free typing chat with a very strong filter. Some people do occasionally get around the filter, but its definitely not as bad as some other virtual worlds I've been on. People also bully you about the whole rare item thing,particularly this one item called the bunny glasses,but you can hide your items and block trade requests to keep you safe. Also, can report snd ignore them, and Cybearguides, the bearville moderators, are constantly roaming everywhere. Literally. One more thing that bugs me that can't be caught really is this one emoticon. It's red with hearts around it and says "friends". But people don't use it that way, they use it to "kiss" each othe, and because everyone can use and see emoticons, having silent chat won't stop that. A lot of people film YouTube videos with other people on there, so make sure you see what your kid is doing :O You can sign up to be a Jr. Cybearguide,which is sort of like a neighborhood watch in BABV, and I guess that teaches kids positive messages. You can also go on a nature walk and help pick up trash and stuff. Also, the whole website is bear-themed. They use words like "pawsome" and "beariffic", and the mascot sort of is Bearemey, a bear.They even have a virtual Build-a-Bear Workshop! Also, they want your money. You can't have a "cub condo" without buying a stuffed animal from build a bear, and they encourage you to buy credits, which is one form of currency in BABV. There is sometimes ads for Build A Bear products, and you get promotional offers frequently in your BearMail. It's a very good site for kids 6-10, depending on their interests. Also, make sure you pick a good chat type and turn off features that you don't like ;)
Kid, 11 years old June 26, 2013

Build a YEAH!

This site is amazing! The characters of the site are really nice! There is a bunch to do, and almost an event everyday! The trade system is fair also, it has a meter to tell if your trades are fair or not. But, somethings on Bearville requieres you to have a furry friend (a stuffed animal from Build A Bear Workshop). That is kinda lame, but you can still play without a furry friend, just less features. This site is what people would call it, it is pawsome!
Teen, 14 years old Written byzoeallheart May 17, 2013

Bearville is the best

I have been playing this site since i have pruchased my first ever build a bear a couple of weeks ago. I had trouble bringing my furry friend to life due to its code not working. The emailed their help server and their staff were nice and friendly helping with questions and not hesitating like some websites lack with employee servervices. In the end i got to play online with my furry friend. Having a furry friend on bearville which is your build a bears name gives you full access yto everything except the zoo which is only available to V.I.B which stands for very important bears. They are basically membership that gives you credits every month and access to the zoo its a good price for this colourful site. With out a furry friend you will not get bored too its just you won't get a cub condo or a house or get to be a jr cyberguide. But beside that its pretty cool if you dont have a bear too but most people on beaville have bears because i think thats how they know the website. This website can have some older kids who say words that are like boy friend and girl friend but if you dont wanna see those on your kids screen just cancel chat or give them instant chat which just lets them see words that bearville have picked themselves but at least bearville is not a bad site that does not have moderators. Bearville is fairly strict to make sure children are safe and i would say this is one of my favourite virtual worlds considerating i have a bear on there. There are trading and whisper options too on bearville but parents can easily block those by going to the childs PDA on bearville going options and click what you want to block but no one is unfair on bearville that i have seen so far so no need to get worried. The sites currency are bearbills you can get numerous amount of bearbills by playing games and completing tasks. Getting bearbills are really easy/ There are also bearville out fitters credits which i have that allow you to purchase the best things like rides and better and stylish clothes like i do on bearville since i sometimes get credits. There are still a wide range of things you can buy using bearbills so non furry friend users can benefit too and have fun. There are also some advertisements at the bottom of bearville which allow children to go to the website of their purchase so they soon might nag for a build a bear to get full access to all things. I give this a 5/5 a appropriate game for all ages and it is a colourful learning experiance for children and its fun
Kid, 10 years old July 14, 2012

Avoid the wrong people.

(NOTE: This review is not about the games, the bears, etc. This is about the behaviors of the people themselves. Also, keep in mind, there are some very nice people on Bearville too.) If your child uses Instant Chat, this game is appropriate for 5 and up. However, if you use Safe Open Chat, I recommend 8 and up. The reason for that is mainly because of dating. Don't get me wrong, the dating isn't NEARLY as bad as Club Penguin (on CP, people always walked around doing hearts, but on Bearville, I hardly ever get called "cute" or am asked to date.) By going into the Furbulous Fashion District, it's common to see guys and girls have date talk, call each other "bridges", and things like that. However, with Instant Chat, you can only speak from a list of pre-approved phrases, and you cannot see conversations made by people with Safe Open Chat. In Safe Open Chat, words are censored, but you can make your own sentences with the words that aren't. However, this gives people opportunities to "date talk" and use foul language (calling each other "bridges".) About a year ago, I was so mad about all the daters, that I decided to experiment. I made a male account with black hair, black shades, and black clothes. I stood in the Furbulous Fashion District, in front of the Theater. Soon enough, a bunch of girls came up to him, doing "Friendship" emoticons (which have hearts.) One girl even wanted to date me in the Coffee Shop... uh, no thanks. HOWEVER, if you use Instant Chat or Silent Chat (where you can't chat, but you can just use emoticons), you likely won't have to deal with the above. You can just freely play games and enjoy your time, without encountering daters. Sorry for the long review!
Kid, 12 years old June 15, 2012

Pawsome Game.

I think it is a great game, I started out playing it around 8 or 9 and it helped me with some math in Bear University (In the game). I also believer the ages 7-12 I would say could play this game, It's fun, safe, and there's a little budget and saving advice for the older crowd to look forward to in the game. I rated the game as a 5/5.
Teen, 15 years old Written bypatilly100 June 8, 2012

Boring... Don't Bother With It.

Well, I used to be a HUGE fan of BuildaBear, always wanting to go and get stuffed animals to play online with. Then, as the years went by, it just became awful. I was playing around with my dad once on there in my mom's avatar's house, my mom's avatar and mine, and we said something that was just between us and no one else saw. Still, much later, I got my chat restricted for it, and even after we told the guys in an email that it was just my dad and I playing around, they told us I would get it back. Guess what. No chat back. Plus, whenever you send them an email, (I'm not sure if this is still the case, as I haven't gotten on there in like, years) it ALWAYS sends an automatic email back. No help with email whatsoever. Finally, the chat is so restricted, you can't even hardly say anything.
Kid, 12 years old October 8, 2011

Fun for all Ages!

When my friend first showed me this website I found it adorable. I just knew I had to get my own account! Once I got my account and bear I found this to be one of my favorite sites! There is no violents or drug material. However, there is "Safe Opean Chat" where kids get to say whatever they want. They will block bad words and can be strict wich in my opinion is a good thing. The only thing is that some older kids will sneak in things like "friend boy" and "friend girl" and more but don't worry there is also "Instant Chat." With "Instant Chat" they give you words and sentences to say and you won't see anything that those older kids say. This website is very safe. They have Jr. Cybear Guides and Cybear Guides that will make sure everyone is playing safe and having fun! I've been going on this website for over a year and I still love it. I highly recomend it to anyone and everyone :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byLover G1RL July 21, 2011

Great game to be safe

I think that this is a good way for kids to have a safe fun game on the internet without getting harrased an bullied i would recomend this game to everyone that asks cause itz the best game for kids and teens to play
Teen, 13 years old Written byWriterGirl1233 May 22, 2011

It gets a little boring after you play it for about month but younger kids like it.
Kid, 9 years old March 23, 2011

Kid, 11 years old March 15, 2011

Good site i used to play on it for about 3 months or so. You have to buy a build-a-bear to get full acess to the site but to get even more acess you have to buy a V.I.B. (ver important bear) membership with money that doesn't come with a bear.
Kid, 11 years old March 6, 2011

It's ok, but it got dull

Build-A-Bearville is an ok website. It's pretty safe and i used to like it, but it got a little dull to me.