All member reviews for Blogger

Publishing thoughts can be easy -- but use safety features.

Learning(i)

Teen, 13 years old Written bysummerbreeze February 20, 2011

Blogger is great website. You can create your own blog for free and customize it however you want. It let's you add or remove practically anything you want to. Want to make your own blog layout. Blogger will let you. Blogger let's you edit the html and make blogging easy. They also keep track of the blogs you subscribe to and keeps track how many readers you have to telling you when a comment needs to approved of. They also tell you how many view your page or certain posts. It is an overall wonderful site.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHokage4354 October 3, 2009

Mostly Appropriate- Some Mature Content

As a personal Blogger user, I can assure you that a vast majority of the blogs hosted by blogger are appropriate enough for teens to view. Since even tame pages can contain some profanity and sexual comments/articles, I will definitely say that you should at least be a teen to be going to this site. Google (a partner of the site) does a good job of placing ads on most pages, but Google also manages the blogs pretty well. Overall, the service itself it great, although some people use it inappropriately to ruin it for everyone.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bydala3q8q81 August 11, 2010

Kid, 12 years old November 11, 2013

Love 2 blog

I have been on Blogger for a year, though all of my blogs have been private so that just my friends can view it. It's super fun to make a blog and share it with your family and friends! I have to say, though, that because you can view others sites and it may contain iffy content, that blogging should be for tweens and teens. Otherwise, Blogger is a great way to share your life!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycaramelpuppy October 17, 2013

It all depends. User-content.

It can contain anything. You might find kid-friendly blogs, or blogs aimed at adults. They choose. You can do anything. It's not all rainbows and sunshine CSM. You can very likely find a bad blog. If you let your kid go on here and they find something innapropriate, Don't blame google. It's YOUR fault in the first place! So, it really depends. I'm pretty sure there's safety controls and a warning if there's a adult blog, but watch your kids... I love this website. It's easier to use than Wordpress. You can make a blog about ANYTHING! And it's just so easy to type up posts and customize it. I recommend it to anyone who ever wants to make a free website.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn May 12, 2013

I registered yesterday and its perfect

I love it Theres nothing edgy about it
Teen, 17 years old Written byRosebud95 April 2, 2013

Really cool, I just don't know what to blog about...

It's a really cool blogging spot for people who love blogging :)
Teen, 15 years old Written byrebma97 March 3, 2013

Good blog site (3.5 stars)

Blogger is a pretty easy blogsite to use, and that's why I like it. My major gripe is that there doesn't seem to be many ways to edit your blog (like change your template or add pages, for example), but that could be because I just don't see it, but they don't make that part easy. Anyway, I think this is a nice blog site for people who like to blog. You can even track how many pageviews you get. As with anything online, there are some privacy concerns, especially depending on what you make public. There can also be some inappropriate content, but it depends on which blog you go on.
Kid, 12 years old November 10, 2011

Just be Safe...

It's so easy to create a blog. To have a blog, you just get a google acount. THat's great for kids any age, just don't share to much info about yourself of your friends, like facebook. Looking at blogs, can be ok, as long as you stick to the "safe" ones. It's just another way to express yourself online. Don't get to personal though.
Kid, 10 years old November 6, 2011

Erm...

Honestly I think kids who don't understand what some of the luanguage and stuff means...and if it is about just plain blogs, well, I've been on one to many websites were things can get out of hand.....so thats really all I have to say
Kid, 11 years old October 18, 2011

Great for kids 10+ who know Internet safety

Blogger is a great website. It's best for 10 and up, especially if they can spell almost perfectly. Make sure that if it is a family computer, you/they log out each time, because blogger keeps you signed in. You can post pictures and videos too. If you have younger kids you may want to start a family blog, maybe if you travel by RV or boat a lot. This way friends and family can experience your adventures too. (I know, I'm a pretty smart kid.)
Teen, 13 years old Written byviolet-roses October 1, 2011

To blog, or not to blog?

It really all depends on the user's amount of maturity. Since anything goes, members could run into inappropriate blogs or cyber bullies. From my personal experiences, I'd say its a clean, fresh blogging site for people ages 13 and up. Its sort of like a journal, but it can be public depending on your privacy settings.
Kid, 11 years old August 19, 2011

Good for mature teens and tweens

It depends on how you use this site. I have two blogs that are mostly educational, and I don't give out privat info. If your kid knows Internet safety, it's appropriate. If they don't, don't let them participate.
Kid, 11 years old August 14, 2011

Depends How You Use It.

I think it's okay for 11 and up if you are only on your blog or a friend's blog. If you are looking at random people's blogs then it's like 13 or 14 and up.
Adult Written byFaraz Ahmed August 10, 2011

Best Blogger

Blogger is always been best place to create free blog. I love it..
Kid, 10 years old April 16, 2011

I love it

It's a great site but you have to use it with thought because if you don't you can be bullied or get in trouble with who ever you write about on the site .
Kid, 10 years old December 13, 2010

Great wedsite

So of it might be bad and good but aren't all wedsites ?
Adult Written byneoking2002_neo October 11, 2010

I love using Blogger/Blogspot!

Yeah, I do Blogger/Blogspot, and it's pretty good. I refuse to tell you where my secret blog is, that's a no-no! At least you can have your own little website for free at Blogger, I reccommend it for anyone! My main concerns are mild violence and a few other things, but it's pretty good to put down your views on stuff you like. ;)
Teen, 15 years old Written byAshoo19 August 28, 2010

Teen, 13 years old Written byThreeDaysGracesGirl August 25, 2010

Pretty fine for anyone over eleven. Innapropriate content isn't an issue- I'm a member.

It's pretty good, but, let's be serious- it's extremely hard to get ANY recongition, you feel isolated from people. There's no messaging system, only comments, and I have yet to only recieve two- and they're from ONE friend from quizilla when quizilla wasn't working properly. It's fine, but... kind of boring.