All member reviews for BrainPop

Teen, 14 years old Written byHeretohelp26 January 15, 2013

Great site

I think it's a great learning site but sometimes they say the word "sex"
Kid, 12 years old January 14, 2013

BrainPop!

I didn't know about BrainPop until I went to middle school. I instantly loved it. It's a really good website for learning. I don't have to pay for membership because my school has a login username and password which I can use anytime, anywhere. All my teachers use it everyday and it's fun. Tim and Moby are entertaining and even though Moby doesn't speak English, you can tell what he's saying because of Tim. There's a joke at the end of each video (but sometimes corny). There's a 9/11 video, but you get a warning that it contains harsh topics before you watch the actual video and you can choose not to. Everything Tim and Moby teach is very educational. There's also a gaming section, where users can play educational games. They're pretty fun. I recommend Argument Wars. It's really fun. Overall, this website is really fun and educational. You should definitely get a membership.
Kid, 12 years old January 15, 2013

silvonadux

I used to homeschool with my mom and we found brainpop! This is a totally safe website that explanes ways to do math,(division, fractions, geometry, algebra, etc.) more stuff for school, (world studies, art, music, culture, science, computers, etc.) and even things in our everyday life! (bullying, internet safety, hobbies, puberty, health, athsma/ allergies,cyberbullying, etc. etc. etc.) some schools use them for examples sometimes! And they have little quizes and activities and even some humor in most of their videos. To make a long review short, I'd say that THIS IS THE ONLY SCHOOL THAT'S FUN!!!
Kid, 11 years old January 20, 2013

LEARNING

OK but the people just want money

Its THE best website for kids but the one problem is you need to pay about $12 for a WEEK of membership but overall its perfect for leaarning for your child
Teen, 15 years old Written byBionic Reviewer March 10, 2014

Helpful Educational Video Site

Brainpop is a learning resource meant for students. It has videos on most subjects (math, science, technology, history, etc). These videos are short and cute animations, lasting 4-10 minutes with an optional page of information on the topic. Violence/Scariness: History is full of this, and so Brainpop fulfills its duty to go over them. However, these are still cartoonish animations, not live action, and real imagery is never used. That said, it does cover topics such as WWII, 9/11, the Civil War, and various other violent tragedies. Like I said, though, this is of no fault of Brainpop itself. If your kid wants to watch a video on topics such as that, make sure he/she is mature enough that you would feel comfortable explaining the matter yourself. Sexy Stuff: As Commonsense said, they do cover puberty and reproductive organs. However, there is no graphic content (obviously). If you feel comfortable letting your child learn about this topic, watch it with them and go over it if you feel the need. Drinking/Drugs/Smoking: Some episodes cover addiction and drugs, and go over the effects of alcohol and such on people. Conclusion: Like any website, some parents will want to stay with their children as they use it. It is a learning tool, so don't classify it as inappropriate as Commonsense seems to have. It's a great tool, and might encourage reluctant students to learn.
Kid, 9 years old October 13, 2013

Fun But Needs Fee For Full Access

Brainpop is really fun for a learning website. There is a brainpop jr for smaller kids and focuses on different stuff. but for full access you need to pay i think (but i can not remember exactly) 6.99 in US dollars. there are different subjects (math,health,reading,etc.) some videos are serious like the 9/11 video but before the video plays it shows a warning messege to watch with a adult and talk about it. there is also an app for it. other cool stuff like quizzes,other facts etc. in all a cool website but you need to pay real money for all videos. =)
Kid, 10 years old February 8, 2013

Thanks,Tim!

This site has everything.Its aimed towards 4th grade and up,so I think you should use brainpop jr if you have younger kids.I use the app and the games on the website all the time!(the app is $0.99)
Teen, 13 years old Written byBluesky123 March 21, 2013

Great for Learning!

This website is great for learning! The videos are very helpful. The way Tim explains stuff is easy for kids and teens to understand. It isn't complicated. Plus the end of each video usually includes some humor, so that will draw kids in. I recommend this for ages 8 and up.
Kid, 9 years old January 16, 2013

LEARNING

Nice, but should be free for everyone

This website is awesome, but you have to buy a membership to unlock everything. However, you can play games for free, watch some videos, or get a 5 day free trial. 5 stars!
Teen, 13 years old Written byEnderdude87 April 13, 2015

My opinion on this site

I have been watching videos on this site in school since 5th grade. And I can say, it's pretty good. I love the cute animation, and I love to laugh at some of the videos in science class, along with my classmates and teacher. But I also learn a fair amount, too. Definately better than Ixl (then again, anything is better than ixl really)
Kid, 9 years old October 20, 2014

LEARNING

It is good, but you have to subscribe

It is a great website, you can learn various topics taught by Tim and his robot Moby. Funny parts and activities were given to each video. But the ONLY problem is you have to subscribe to enjoy the complete experience. A few free samples are there.
Teen, 17 years old Written byLedinFX October 15, 2014

Very educational but

The show is very educational but there are a few lessons that young kids might not be ready for.For example there is a lesson called "The Birds and bees" I think everyone besides the children knows what that is.There is also a few lessons about history and sometimes they talk about the bad things that happened in history like slavery.Which could be considered violent.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDylanLeviiHiggiNobth September 18, 2014

LEARNING

One of the greatest educational websites of all time!

This website is educational, but some it's episodes tells about tragic things that happened in the past, things that happen now and things that might/will happen in the future which could frighten/sadden very young children. It even talks about sex sometimes. So it's on for ages 12+, iffy for ages 11- and off for ages 7-
Kid, 12 years old September 2, 2014

LEARNING

great fun edacational site for older elementary

great site. great movies great games and more! i watched dozens of movies from brainpop and brainpop jr. by the way you can get a free subscribstion username password on the internet! i am not lying. may cover violent/or emotional topics such as war and have sex ed related movies AND mention alcohol, drugs, and its effects. if you dont want you child watching them thats why they say 3rd grade+ i am not trying to exaggerate when i say its "iffy'
Teen, 15 years old Written bySW209 February 26, 2014

This is a great website

Parent of a 9 year old Written bybronster February 11, 2014

LEARNING

Just be careful when you subscribe

While I think that this is a great educational tool, I would like to warn parents that this website has several portals which can be confusing when you log on. We had a lot of trouble logging in until we found out that we were somehow trying to log in to the educator site vs. the student site. Not sure how this happened, but it was frustrating. BrainPop is also not very accommodating. We had not used the site for 3 months because I did not know that my daughter was having trouble logging in. They were not willing to give us any additional time on our subscription...and I am sure that they could see on their end that we had not been on the site. Anyway, all in all, it is a good website. Just wanted to make sure that others did not have the same trouble that we did.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDoritos-6 September 7, 2013

Great Website

On 10-17 Pause 8-9 Off 2-7
Parent of a 9 year old Written bysinglemomofdom March 3, 2013

My 9 year old son loves brain pop

We discovered Brain Pop only in the last month. My 9 year old will watch videos for Language arts,math,science,history, and PE. He loves it and it makes even those most boring language fun. He only watches videos when scheduled for a certain area he is working on through virtual/homeschooling. It helps him learn, but he watches it more for the fun characters.
Kid, 9 years old January 17, 2013

LEARNING

awesome ∞ ←→ (infinity) times!!!!!!!!

this is great for people who are homeschooled. math, health ,social studies,reading,science, language arts,and every day life ***brainpop jr+brainpop+brainpop esl***
Educator Written byMsGage January 15, 2013

Great Website!

I love BrainPOP! It is fun and interactive and very informative, even for high schoolers. I highly recommend it!