All member reviews for DoSomething.org

Not-for-profit site encourages and supports youth action.

Learning(i)

Parent Written byBarbLents September 11, 2010

Beware of the politics!

Such a promising website, but unfortunately highly politicized. For example, the issue of reproductive rights is discussed solely from the pro-abortion point of view. Very biased, even in it's telling of our country's history on this issue. It is a shame that they couldn't encourage young people to "do something" on either side of the issue, whichever one they feel passionate about, not just the one they feel is right.
Parent of a 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, and 16 year old Written byJaeie May 13, 2009

It was boring, says my kids

They said it was very boring
Teen, 13 years old Written byNoseStuckInABook April 15, 2010

Awesome site!

I just found this site recently and it's really good.
Adult Written byFreedomFromCens... June 29, 2009

Bleh...boring site, not very interesting. Good intentions though.

Even if it has good intentions, it would never keep a kid interested in it for more than a few minuets.
Adult Written bymariae1 February 15, 2015

alert offer is good for every child learning

http://www.alertoffer.comthis is only a web site that you can learn alot from there please check this and learn alot for your child
Adult Written byIsabella B August 23, 2014

LEARNING

Good cause, poor execution

The site needs to be more updated. Also, management is rude and inefficient. When I emailed with questions, they took a very long time to get back to me. If I had kids, I would not let them work with this group. There are many other organizations out there, like Windows of Opportunity, Inc. and World Youth Alliance, that do a much better job of promoting social good.
Teen, 14 years old Written byScholarathlete December 6, 2013

Do Something

I think this website is suitable for young adolescents. It is a well maintained website which inspires kids to do more for themselves, and the community. This website is very educational and can help young undergraduates and soon to be graduates earn scholarships which is amazing.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 14, 2012

LEARNING

dosomethingorg

Families can talk about the benefits of the Internet when it comes to not-for-profit programs and volunteer work. Are there any negative aspects to using the Internet to further a cause? What are some safe practices when posting videos or discussions online, even when on a supposed safe and secure Web site?
Kid, 11 years old January 23, 2011

kids

i love it because were kids and we like to have fun not all the time this is a great site
Teen, 16 years old Written byLNC August 27, 2010

Good but wouldn't let me find what I was looking for

I've tried to use the website to 'do something' about abortion or help out at a pregnancy crisis center but they don't give you those options. I think most of their options are for a younger crowd, maybe to get them interested in volunteering at a young age. It's okay but as other reviews have said before, I thought it was kind of boring.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykirakira97 August 18, 2010

Perfect for teen activists.

I have to say that getting kids to volunteer would be much harder without this site.
Teen, 17 years old Written byLoveOverHate July 31, 2009

This Site Makes You Think

I found this site while talking on the phone with my friend and we discussed the issues in this site for over an hour. The information on abusive relationships was fascinating and we were able to identify abusive relationships in popular romance novels. The site makes you want to take action, and the parts of the site dealing with prejudice against race, religion, gender, and sexual orientation were extremely moving. This is a great site to inform kids on current problems in our world, though the site needs to come up with even more ways to make a difference!