All parent member reviews for Facebook

Adult Written byParis Smith July 21, 2011

Don't be uptight

I have a little sister who is 10 who LOVES Facebook. My parents always watch her posts and chats and make sure she has friends that she knows and that have gone to her different schools. My dad is in the military so we moved around a lot (I speak in past tense because for me I'm going to college) so it's a great way to be able to communicate with her friends in other states, who will also suggest friends of theirs that have recently obtained one. Some people use FB to put tracking cookies or viruses, (which can be combated by Norton security system,) or be malicious and try to learn more about the child so they can harm them, but parents can check and make sure who they're interacting with is safe and friendly. If someone is cyberbullying, or maybe your child is cyberbullying, and you can see it when you check, talk to your kids about it, it will help them stop the bully, or if they're being mean, ask your child why she or he doesn't like that person and tell them it's never good to hurt people mentally or physically, in person or online. There are ads, but you shouldn't really pay attention to those though. Ask your child to report innapropriate ads. Also, you can take off messages if you didn't mean to do something, chats also, but if your child is being cyberbullied the bully is likely to keep insulting. And if one of your friends is their friends and uses language, politely ask if they can stop, and remember to tell your child it's inappropriate, but they should already know that by now. Encourage your child to not spend a long time on there so you can hang out, and help them make a password that noone could think of, like GYT76!!@help write this down somewhere so your kid can remember it. There is innapropriate stuff though, but if you watch your kids they shouldn't really see it (as it will be on people's walls that are not their friends.) Apps such as Vampire Wars, Mafia Wars, Farmville, Fronteirville, and Happy Pets are all kid friendly ( Mafia and Vampire Wars do have violence involved but there are only pictures of bloodied weapons and job names like 'Kill of Werewolf Clan'. Bloodied weapons, (I think) are fine for ages 8+ if you think about video games) All in all, parents can make FB safe for their kids by monitering and checking friends.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bygamereviewer6469 July 16, 2011

Responsible 10 & 11 year olds are FINE!

If you have a responsible 10 year old they can do it, following these rules: 1. Do Not talk to people you don't know 2. Use Appropiate Language 3. Block Cyberbullies If your 10 year old is responsible and follows those rule, he should be FINE. But Parents... CHECK IN EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE! You never know what could happen on facebook, anything can happen.
Adult Written byZface99 July 15, 2011

Your very lucky for your life

people shoulnt know what is goin on in your life about sventy five percent of the world is ruined but most people are lucky that theres isnt so dont ruin ur life by goin on facebook. trust me i know
Parent of a 12 year old Written byeelee July 3, 2011

Go to Twitter instead.

Twitter's better.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byxmen45 June 27, 2011

i recomend

i recomend it but, people (friends on facebook.) can send you inapropriate messages
Adult Written bybianca7788 May 16, 2011

Facebook is how YOU make it

The thing is, Facebook is how YOU make it. It could be all the concerns I listed or NONE . It could be all the highlights I listed or NONE. Before you allow your childeren to go on Facebook make sure they know how to use it correctly and always monitor what they are doing on there.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byblacky123 May 16, 2011

Parent of a 17 year old Written byJOhannahJO May 13, 2011

i love facebook it is the best thing that has ever happend in my life, it is my life i couldn't live without it!

Love it!
Parent Written bymobopolo April 28, 2011

I personally love Facebook for staying connected to my family and friends. I worry about privacy and cyber bulling. Espcially with certain games that can be played world wide. Like Yoville and even Uno. These games have a chat window that is open to everyone using a Facebook account. That can be world wide!
Parent of a 8 year old Written byP.H April 20, 2011

kids facebook for only kids

do like myspace its good for kids......and have good games
Parent of a 10 year old Written bydarienne April 19, 2011

i love jayden sterling

love is sweet
Adult Written byperfectsense April 15, 2011

i think it is ok for kids to use i got my facebook when i was 9, there are somethings you have to look out for though, but mostly it is fine
Adult Written byrrogo1 April 11, 2011

Leaving open, unsupervised communication up to children (and that really is what they are) is always a gamble. Sometimes it is ok, and sometimes it is horrifying! My main issue is that it turns into an addiction sooo easily!
Parent of a 2 year old Written bythesavants08 April 7, 2011

Only good for teens with parents monitoring their activities

This site is not good for parents or their kids. Do your research on Facebook. They sell your private information and don't even try to delete your account because they have admitted that they never really delete anything. With status updates it's like legalized stalking. You can know everything about a person practically without even have met them. Yes there is privacy settings but from my experience they are not all that great! This site is toxic. Adults and teens alike are letting this become their lives. I deactivated mine and my husband promptly did the same. We had one for about a total of 6 months and it was 6 months too many.
Parent of a 12 and 15 year old Written byYAYA LOVE THE WORLD April 6, 2011

what up
Adult Written byDrDreVEVO April 2, 2011

Facebook is for children 14-18 or older

Facebook is much much better than Twitter & Myspace and the privaciy settings are amazing !! But not full proff , I suggest, if your child is 14,15,16,17,18 or older you may let them sign up with facebook.
Parent of an infant, infant, and 10 year old Written bynuku March 30, 2011

Amazing site! My 10 year old daughter does it to connect with her friends/cousins/family!
Parent of a 10 year old Written byMrs. Padilla March 30, 2011

Parent of a 3 year old Written bysasytre500 March 29, 2011

Worse real life and soical......

hello im deaf and asian. So Today is worse soical for both hearing and deaf people than 10 years ago. In 10 years ago, there time no facebook and twitter and more teen show up in anywhere place. More fun without Facebook and twitter. Example "School are over for summer, then most kid stay home and addict on facebook instead the video game or phone so far!!!" what i unhappy for Facebook become Empire of website in world!! Facebook become popular and over 500 millions people have facebook. I wish Facebook end up by someday. If Facebook are no longer then will effect to improve soical and more event instead facebook. Then return to old thing like 10 years ago..
Parent of a 2 year old Written byScratcher_cat March 24, 2011