All parent member reviews for Facebook

Parent of a 8 year old Written byP.H April 20, 2011

kids facebook for only kids

do like myspace its good for kids......and have good games
Parent of a 10 year old Written bydarienne April 19, 2011

i love jayden sterling

love is sweet
Adult Written byperfectsense April 15, 2011
i think it is ok for kids to use i got my facebook when i was 9, there are somethings you have to look out for though, but mostly it is fine
Adult Written byrrogo1 April 11, 2011
Leaving open, unsupervised communication up to children (and that really is what they are) is always a gamble. Sometimes it is ok, and sometimes it is horrifying! My main issue is that it turns into an addiction sooo easily!
Parent of a 2 year old Written bythesavants08 April 7, 2011

Only good for teens with parents monitoring their activities

This site is not good for parents or their kids. Do your research on Facebook. They sell your private information and don't even try to delete your account because they have admitted that they never really delete anything. With status updates it's like legalized stalking. You can know everything about a person practically without even have met them. Yes there is privacy settings but from my experience they are not all that great! This site is toxic. Adults and teens alike are letting this become their lives. I deactivated mine and my husband promptly did the same. We had one for about a total of 6 months and it was 6 months too many.
Parent of a 12 and 15 year old Written byYAYA LOVE THE WORLD April 6, 2011
what up
Adult Written byDrDreVEVO April 2, 2011

Facebook is for children 14-18 or older

Facebook is much much better than Twitter & Myspace and the privaciy settings are amazing !! But not full proff , I suggest, if your child is 14,15,16,17,18 or older you may let them sign up with facebook.
Parent of an infant, infant, and 10 year old Written bynuku March 30, 2011
Amazing site! My 10 year old daughter does it to connect with her friends/cousins/family!
Parent of a 10 year old Written byMrs. Padilla March 30, 2011
Parent of a 3 year old Written bysasytre500 March 29, 2011

Worse real life and soical......

hello im deaf and asian. So Today is worse soical for both hearing and deaf people than 10 years ago. In 10 years ago, there time no facebook and twitter and more teen show up in anywhere place. More fun without Facebook and twitter. Example "School are over for summer, then most kid stay home and addict on facebook instead the video game or phone so far!!!" what i unhappy for Facebook become Empire of website in world!! Facebook become popular and over 500 millions people have facebook. I wish Facebook end up by someday. If Facebook are no longer then will effect to improve soical and more event instead facebook. Then return to old thing like 10 years ago..
Parent of a 2 year old Written byScratcher_cat March 24, 2011

Perfect for all children

Parent of a 14 and 17 year old Written bycndpwll1 March 22, 2011
Parent of a 8 year old Written bycone March 18, 2011
Educator and Parent Written byStephanie1234wuzhere March 16, 2011

just read this and you'll understand

Ok so My daughter is seven and in no times need will she be getting a facebook untill shes at least 14. I was considering age 12 but no way. Supposedly she said people at her school in her class have facebooks. six and seven year olds? What great parenting! And shes not lieing cause she didn't even know what facebook was untill know. I have a facebook and yes it is a great way to comminicate to long lost firends and family and such but for little kids?. Teens and adults yes but don't expose your little ones so quickly! think about it a predator could be on facebook and comes across your kids profile and sees a picture of them(or the dog or whatever)knows there name first and last,what they like,info about there school and such. Its a kidnapping waiting to happen! and kids shouldn't be exposed to all the celebrity gossip that filters around facebook. And there plenty of strangers on there. yes some of your friends might be on there but there 500 million people + more on there and any one can view you. Its some scary stuff. Its important if you have a teen on facebook to explain to them how to stay safe and not gossip or cyberbully. It's such great parenting that a six year old can have a facebook where adults and predators can view whatever they want about them!
Adult Written bytiarisa March 15, 2011
I love facebook, it lets kids meet new ppl but then again it can be inappropriate for the ages that do get on.
Educator Written byMychemicalstinkpants February 17, 2011

good social site requires peronal info

Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bykalin333 February 10, 2011

MAYBE FINE FOR OLDER KIDS OVER 14 , ABSOLUTELY NO FOR YOUNGER KIDS

I DON'T LIKE IT ! JUST SIMPLE AS THAT ! PERSONAL CHOICE THAT IS WHAT METTERS . I DO ALTERNATIVE SOCIAL NETWORKS ....
Parent of a 8, 11, and 15 year old Written bybeckyhall February 10, 2011

FB says 13 and up for a reason!

Only kids who have been well educated in cyber safety and bullying should be on this site. Parents must friend their children and have access to their passwords and all content. Be sure kids know that anything on their page can be copied by a friend or shared with others - treat it like a postcard, not a sealed letter. Parents should also walk their kids through the privacy and application settings to make sure that their information is not readily accessible by the general public or by apps or businesses. I use it, and my 15yo uses it, because it's fun and useful. But we monitor carefully - both mine and his! I have concerns about Facebook's changing privacy policies, and I "friended" their policy page to stay informed. My 11yo and 8yo will NOT have access to FB until they are at least 13.
Parent of a 7 and 8 year old Written byfatherof2 February 10, 2011

Great to stay in touch with friends but terrible time wasters from sports and productive activities.

I won't let the kids in until 13. The content is good and plenty but sometimes the line between private (family intimacy and secrets) and public information is still blurred to them and they don't have mature judgement and consequences to determine is what is appropriate to publish to their friends. Of course, setting privacy is extremely important but still, they're not ready yet.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bymilan77 January 22, 2011
setting privacy controls on Facebook. With each new feature, users must check settings to be sure they know what information they're releasing to others or keeping private. The privacy settings can be confusing. You'll need to manage general settings, plus settings for sharing, applications, websites, and more. Many applications that your friends use will be able to access your information -- even if you don't use that application Buy Thesis | Buy Dissertation | Custom Essay