All parent member reviews for Facebook

Adult Written byseen-all-movies November 22, 2010

Great for anybody whit a bit experience or knowledge about using online interact services

shore Facebook is in theory the opposite of basic online rules, you interact whit people, post images and personal info about yourself and if you're not careful and sett security settings it's possible for anyone to read all about you, however facebook is a great way to interact whit friends, family and others, instead of calling all of your friends saying: i got a haircut, you post a simple text on Facebook saying the same, all of your friends can read, comment and like it, you can let friends view your holiday photos whit out having to send all of them a bucket of paper or send a thousand emails, just upload them to Facebook and everybody can see them. Just to add to it Facebook actually do have great safety customization features so if you wanna keep things private it's easy. And yeas, it is a lot of commercial, due to the fact that Facebook get's about 1 000 000 new user every single day, i believe that it's a great market for commercial there and that you get pretty good product placement there, some people are easily affected by commercial's and such people should not use Facebook unless their spending can be controlled. If you have some basic knowledge about being careful on the web, not talking to strangers and such things, Facebook is nothing more than an awesome way to interact and keep in touch whit your friends, family and others.
Parent Written bybabyryboo November 19, 2010

Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byyummymummy November 19, 2010

My son (12) was on FB and we recently removed his account altogether. It consumed his days and nights and he began behaving online in ways that were not in keeping with our family's values.
Adult Written byatkinsww November 18, 2010

If you are going to let your kids on Facebook you need to maintain full and complete access to their account, you need to have veto power over friends, and you need to review what your child does on Facebook. I have seen some of the worst language and sexually explicit statements made by 12 to 14 year olds on Facebook.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byrbeauti99 November 15, 2010

AWESOME
Parent Written bysafeline November 14, 2010

Adult Written bynbasuns1 November 10, 2010

I love it, but mostly good for teens

I love it because you can see whats going on in your friends lives and stay in the loop on certain things. It's a great way of talking to friends without using a phone too.
Parent Written bysomynameismiley November 10, 2010

it for people like yeah

i went to on thes websuite an iit iii scary cuz it sho pictiture of funy dogs and cats withthu hatxz no go oin thuwenbsitre
Parent of a 16 year old Written byleila sh m October 25, 2010

love realationship with other people
Parent of a 2, 5, 9, 9, 13, and 17 year old Written byAmjmcpk1 October 24, 2010

WARNING ADDICTIVE

Don't get me started on my 13 year old's BIRTHDAY he got up 3 am JUST TO JOIN THIS SITE! And by noon that day already 50 friends over 200 messages!!!! It's a good site but you might wanna save it until you newly born teen is mature enought to know NOT TO GET ADDICTED
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byCountryMom27 October 12, 2010

Not for teens. Not safe.

I study social networking for a living, and the problem is FB's privacy settings are based on your friends' settings. You can be very restrictive on your own page and still have pics and blurbs blasted all over the web. Not for teens at all
Adult Written byjuls3gems@aol.com October 10, 2010

Facebook- friend or foe?

FB is helpful in many ways, job-hunting, keeping in touch with distant relatives, having a bit of fun; but I do not care about freedom of speech in that inappropriate language is Never appropriate and should be caught before it airs online. That goes for catching inappropriate sexual or violent phrases. Even if I could figure out how to delete my childs FB, there is nothing to stop a child from accessing FB at a friends or library.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bysap October 10, 2010

for older teens

Love this website
Parent Written byInAnyEvent October 9, 2010

Not for tweens, questionable for teens

Parent Written bysherrick00 October 9, 2010

Adult Written bykatiekat37 October 9, 2010

i <3 facebook! its absolutely the best social network ever! its safe enough to be appropriate and u can black people and stuff so its totally safe!
Parent of a 14 year old Written byjozaluo October 9, 2010

great for adults and older teens..say 17-18. too much acess to adult themed content. "flairs and bumper stickers" for example are made by users and i have run into prfane langue and pictures on these applications. also too easy for younger teens to provide too much personal info for preditors, ie. "my school"
Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written bylbow October 8, 2010

It can be a tool for older kids to learn to navigate different social circles. However, although facebook is widely used it isn't a necessity and should be monitored.
Adult Written byMightymom 2010 October 8, 2010

FB is not needs more protection

Hate it just because I have asked to be deleted, excepted the request to be deleted and was able to get back on a month later under the same password and username.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byHasalan October 8, 2010

Requires monitoring and supervision for younger teens

When used appropriately I think that Facebook can be a useful communication tool for young people. My 12 year old son uses it occassionally to catch up with friends from his previous school or friends and relatives who don';t live locally. I make sure that I do a regular audit of his friends list to ensure that he really knows everyone who is added. As Commonsense recommend it is important to also regularly check the privacy controls. I certainly wouldn't advise letting kids under 16 use the site if you don't monitor the use. Our PC is in our living room and so I can see what applications he is accessing. And although his friends occassionally push the boundaries by sending him something that isn't hugely appropriate - it's no worse than what they are probably discussing in the playground anyway.