All parent member reviews for Facebook

Parent of a 17 year old Written bynene729366 January 17, 2011

it is fine for teens 16 and older.

Parent of a 2, 7, and 12 year old Written byZoeyR January 14, 2011
I have a facebook.. My kids don't..but me & my 12 year old, check it together sometimes to see whats going on with relatives, friends, etc. When my daughters/son get a facebook, they'll be 13, and I'll check it often.. If you or your kids have a Facebook, make sure your info is private, you don't need stalkers, creepers, etc. :)
Parent of a 17 year old Written bybreanna65 January 4, 2011
Parent of a 17 year old Written bystarkehome@comc... January 2, 2011
I meet friends. I take photos of videos. I play yu gi oh cards. My boyfriend kiss me at tonight on a date.
Parent of a 2, 10, 14, and 17 year old Written bySystemOfANintendo December 28, 2010

Life-changing social network; but check out privacy settings.

I think that teens should be fine for this extremely life-changing site if they go over the sites privacy, which is a really important issue. User created content isn't a huge problem with me, but it's worth of note. Go over the site with your kids and set some rules based on your values as a parent and your teen should be fine. Also, not a good option for younger-than-teen kids.
Parent Written byfatcorgi1 December 15, 2010

Fine If You Follow These Rules

I think Facebook is amazing but only if your kids know how to set the privacy controls and ALWAYS have it at friends only NEVER post a picture of yourself! To add friends that your kids know, get them to tell the friend they want to add them on Facebook first. If you are to concerd, get them to have a fake name and just tell their friends what there fake name is on Facebook. Just that simple to make Facebook safe. :)
Parent of a 8 year old Written bypetanu December 11, 2010
Adult Written by22LowBrass December 4, 2010
Parent of a 7, 11, 13, and 16 year old Written byConcerned_Parent2010 December 4, 2010
Parent of a 10 year old Written bykrissa December 3, 2010
Parent of a 17 year old Written bybabychezets November 22, 2010

perfect for us too

lOVE IT.....
Adult Written byseen-all-movies November 22, 2010

Great for anybody whit a bit experience or knowledge about using online interact services

shore Facebook is in theory the opposite of basic online rules, you interact whit people, post images and personal info about yourself and if you're not careful and sett security settings it's possible for anyone to read all about you, however facebook is a great way to interact whit friends, family and others, instead of calling all of your friends saying: i got a haircut, you post a simple text on Facebook saying the same, all of your friends can read, comment and like it, you can let friends view your holiday photos whit out having to send all of them a bucket of paper or send a thousand emails, just upload them to Facebook and everybody can see them. Just to add to it Facebook actually do have great safety customization features so if you wanna keep things private it's easy. And yeas, it is a lot of commercial, due to the fact that Facebook get's about 1 000 000 new user every single day, i believe that it's a great market for commercial there and that you get pretty good product placement there, some people are easily affected by commercial's and such people should not use Facebook unless their spending can be controlled. If you have some basic knowledge about being careful on the web, not talking to strangers and such things, Facebook is nothing more than an awesome way to interact and keep in touch whit your friends, family and others.
Parent Written bybabyryboo November 19, 2010
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byyummymummy November 19, 2010
My son (12) was on FB and we recently removed his account altogether. It consumed his days and nights and he began behaving online in ways that were not in keeping with our family's values.
Adult Written byatkinsww November 18, 2010
If you are going to let your kids on Facebook you need to maintain full and complete access to their account, you need to have veto power over friends, and you need to review what your child does on Facebook. I have seen some of the worst language and sexually explicit statements made by 12 to 14 year olds on Facebook.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byrbeauti99 November 15, 2010
AWESOME
Parent Written bysafeline November 14, 2010
Adult Written bynbasuns1 November 10, 2010

I love it, but mostly good for teens

I love it because you can see whats going on in your friends lives and stay in the loop on certain things. It's a great way of talking to friends without using a phone too.
Parent Written bysomynameismiley November 10, 2010

it for people like yeah

i went to on thes websuite an iit iii scary cuz it sho pictiture of funy dogs and cats withthu hatxz no go oin thuwenbsitre
Parent of a 16 year old Written byleila sh m October 25, 2010
love realationship with other people