All member reviews for Facebook

Teen, 13 years old Written byilenee. February 10, 2011

not a great idea.

I think that if you let your kids have a facebook, thats great and stuff, but you also have to think about the privacy and how much time they're going to spend on the computer. my friend has a facebook, and its insane how long she spends on there. its like her life is on facebook. i HAD one i DELETED it because i was addicted, and it really wasted my time. i got BULLIED on there, and my account kept getting hacked (i didn't share my password with n e one!) just recently, some kids at my school were bullying my other friend and making rude comments and pages that made her sad.. i don't think any child should go through that. i really think that you should think twice before letting kids on there.
Kid, 12 years old March 26, 2011

I have Facebook - as do a lot of my friends. I understand why they have the set age of 13, but if you're 12 or even 11 for that matter, Facebook is fine! You should know the basics of online safety, though - such as not accepting friend requests from people you do not know. If you know that much, I think you can be on Facebook. But just remember: It's much easier to be mean online than in person. Don't do or say anything online you wouldn't say in person!
Kid, 11 years old October 31, 2009

You need to read this as it involves what you need to know

Safety is and not a problem. You can leash out information but as long as you keep only friends you know outside of the computer and block everyone else, it's fine. It does have an age limit of I think 14 but many people fake their age. Do not be fooled by celebritys, they are normal people pretending to be Miley Cyrus and Nick Jonas. They are posers. It is rarely you will find the real person. I say its safe for 11 and over but their not even meant to have an account so I would leave it until they are old enough to have an account. Once they are older enough to have one, just leave another couple of years until you are sure the responsible enough to have an account. Keep double checking their friends and information though as you never know who they could add. Keep them under your thumbs!
Teen, 13 years old Written bypartyheartypancake November 8, 2012

pancakes

I like to eat pancakes. They are num num!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byngh98 September 4, 2011

I <3 FACEBOOK!!!!!!!!!!!

i would DIE without facebook
Kid, 11 years old May 29, 2011

Facebook's got Issues but it's popular

Facebook is popular to thousands of people so they can connect with friends and family, chat, play on applications, create groups and promote ads. But there are many issues regarding Facebook. Privacy and safety being one of them. Children as young as 8 are joining up to Facebook because it's got fun applications on it and they can chat to family and friends. Well it's not all fun and games. There are sexually intrigued people lurking around on Facebook pretending to be a young child when they could be an middle-aged man/woman. Also, there are sexual media being posted around Facebook contagiously like a virus which is also another problem because there are a lot of viruses on Facebook that may corrupt your computer/laptop. There's also heavy annoying ads that bother you when you don't need to be bothered, a lot of people using bad language such as f**k, s**t, c**t, b***h, b*****d, t**t, t*t, d**k, p*****t, p**** and p********e while there may be young children around, sexual behaviour such as sexual language and putting up sexual media and the main problem... violence. There's so much violence on Facebook it's unreal. People fight on applications, there's so much bullying going on between people's walls (they send nasty messages) and statuses, but most of all people attack where it hurts the most... the victim's inbox. It's like a Facebook war has broke out. But I must admit, I do have a Facebook account but I use it for family and friends communication purposes only along with applications to keep me entertained.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymaturereviews March 11, 2011

Kid, 10 years old January 27, 2011

soooooooooo

uhmm im ten and i use it...................
Kid, 10 years old August 7, 2010

Privacy is a big issue!

You really need to be careful with websites like this, because privacy is a big issue! Cause' whatever you post on there you can take off! Like my friend got her facebook when she was 5! And it seemed like her parents did not really know about it That is why it is still really dangerous! Because what if sometihng happend...???
Kid, 12 years old August 4, 2010

Parents: watch out. Kids: FUN FUN FUN

I love facebook but you are technically supposed to be 15 just to join, though i know people as young as the age of 8 who have gotten a facebook account and their parents didnt mind. Parents: be sure to check their walls, everybodys posts, and always monitor chats if you dont feel your child is responsible enough!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 July 21, 2010

Good way to keep up with friends, but it can be dangerous

I use Facebook often. Although it's a good site, you have to be careful on it, especially since they keep changing the privacy settings. I think teens should only friend people they know. If some stranger sends them a friend request, they can simply ignore it. You can make your profile private so no one can see your posts. However, if you want to play games like FarmVille then a page will come up that says something like, "Allow Farmville to acess to your page?" or something. This means that they can see all your post and your friends and stuff, but this is the only way to play those games so safety can be an issue. But there are some good things. For example, if your friend is writing inappropriate comments you can block them or you can delete them as a friend. A good way to moinitor your child is by being friends with them so you can see there post. But I think only teens+ can be on this site (although you can't join if you're under 13, but you can lie about your age). As long as you're safe on Facebook, it can be fun and enjoyable!
Kid, 10 years old March 17, 2010

Good for mature kids, teens and adults

Well facebook can be good and bad because you can put your settings so no one can see your profile and only your friends can see your profile, info, pics etc etc. I put this 10+ because just like I said they can set there privacy options to only friends and they will be fine. The iffy thing is that some people might swear, but it happens rarely. Kids defenetly should ask there parents before going on Facebook because each person has a different opinion about facebook and other social networking sites.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMusicAddict911 April 9, 2008

Nothing wrong with Facebook.

Two words: Privacy Control Do I have a Facebook account? Yep. If I had a child, would I let them have a Facebook account? Yep. Why? There are privacy controls. Monitor them if you have children on Facebook and they'll be fine. You can customize the controls anywhere from letting everyone see your entire profile to friends only. Personally I have mine set to friends only. This means nobody can see me in search results (except friends), nobody can see my photos, notes, groups, friends or any other personal information except the people I know in real life and decide to add to my friends list. Just monitor who your children add -- Someone posing to be 13 years old might not be 13 years old. You never really know who anyone is on the Internet, so I recommend only adding people you've actually met and trust. I have no clue why, but there seems to be an awful lot of drugs/alcohol posting on Facebook. It's definitely not Facebook's fault, but there are applications (kind of like plugins to your Facebook profile that are developed by third parties, NOT by Facebook) that let you send virtual beer to your friends, a Happy Hour application, Booze Mail and others and I've saw kids add these and send virtual items to each other of this nature. Nonetheless, with a little talk about internet security and not trusting everything and everyone you see, Facebook is a great alternative to other social networking sites like Myspace and Bebo that offer less security.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRubyTherese June 6, 2015

LEARNING

It's great to connect with friends, but watch out for random people

Any younger than 13, I don't think would be suitable. Kids can easily get friend requests from people they don't know, so I suggest 13. That's how old I was (am) when I got Facebook. Watch out
Teen, 14 years old Written byArcanely May 17, 2015

I don't hold this site up to any high standards.

I have been cyber-bullied and propositioned from the age of eleven on this website. There are many idiotic people who roam Facebook with a lack of occupation and meaning in life, only seeking to bother others. Go to another social media website, or something educational.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCallie00 April 11, 2015

A Great Social Network Site

Yes, I realize that Facebook isn't as popular anymore, not to teens anyway. But I still use it to connect with long-distant family members. The age limit is supposed to be 13 minimum, but lots of kids younger than that age sign up anyway. My mom let me have a Facebook account when I was ten but she monitored it and I had a private account. (Still do!) Facebook is, IMO, fine for kids age 11 and up. Just keep aware of the privacy settings. There are options to make your profile private or public. VERY ADDICTIVE, THOUGH. It's definitely a tool for procrastination, so beware...
Kid, 10 years old December 12, 2014

Great For Connecting, Not So Great For Kids

I have had a Facebook since I was 7 years old. My mom let me because she KNEW I was mature. Other kids however, not so much. Talking sexual, Facebook definitely gives you the power to post pictures where you can have half of your clothes off (or even all, for that matter). Also, random accounts can talk to you and say very sexual and inappropriate things. Talking bad language, on Facebook, you are given the freedom to say what you want. Which includes curse words. Safety and privacy concerns, the sky is the limit on what you want certain people to see and what you don't want certain people to see. If you are letting a child under the age of 13 have a Facebook, I would suggest making the account for them and setting all their privacy settings for them. Violence and drinking/drugs/smoking, you can talk about it, but it's really not that bad. Now I will tell you my opinion on what you should do if you are allowing your daughter/son have a Facebook account by age/maturity. 7-10 years old/low level of maturity: Make their Facebook for them, set all their settings yourself, have them inform you when they get a friend request, set the time limit they have on Facebook very low. 11-13 years old/medium level of maturity: Monitor their Facebook usage, tell them to change their settings to your liking, tell them not to friend people they don't know. 14-18 years old/high level of maturity: Friend them on Facebook, go through the basic rules.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycayoder123 November 13, 2014

Facebook site review

I don't think Facebook is for anyone under the age of 18. The reason being is when you are 18, you are an adult and can do whatever you want. When you're a minor, you must obey laws.
Teen, 14 years old Written by_georgia260300 October 11, 2014

Use with Caution

Facebook, is shown as a social media site that allows to interact with friends, view the hottest posts and create events. Facebook is a great site for teens. But your parents should allow you to have Facebook, they just have to know that you are responsible, and able to know what is right and wrong.
Kid, 10 years old September 16, 2014

LEARNING

though Facebook is dying this is a great social network

this social network can be helpful for learning but it's fair enough important and beware: i suggest families put fake ids on their accounts