Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for FactCheck.org

Excellent, unbiased political site goes in deep.

Parent Written byClassic Movie Family November 5, 2012

FactCheck is anything but non-partisan.

FactCheck.org has fallen in line with the Obama/Candy Crowley position that the attacks in Benghazi were called terrorist on 9/12/2012. He never called the specific attack an act of terror.
Adult Written byjdomke1 August 20, 2009

FactCheck.org is not unbiased and has links to politcal groups and politicians

OBAMA’S CONNECTIONS TO FACTCHECK.ORG EXPOSED:

Keep in mind: Senator Obama was the first Chairman of the Board of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, which was a Division, or Project, of the Annenberg Foundation.(FactCheck.org is a Division/Project of the Annenberg Foundation)

William (Bill) Ayers, unrepentant Weather Underground terrorist and a friend of the Obamas, was instrumental in founding the Challenge, thanks to his ties to Mayor Richard Daley. The first Daley was also a pal of Thomas Ayers, Bill’s father, former CEO of ComEd (owned by Exelon- big contributor to Obama and nuclear energy company).
Adult Written bydevsam August 12, 2009

Should be Required Reading!

Fact Check is a wonderful source for finding the facts related to various rumors and distortions, particularly political information.

Educational Value
Adult Written byagmemnon f. August 12, 2016

Too biased

I see a pattern of so called fact checking associated with Trump with a great deal out of context fact checking. In other words, the facts that support the argument are real, but the presentation of the facts is very creative in convincing the reader that the facts discount whatever Trump does or says. If they did this with Hillary, we would see some real contrast. I think this site purposely goes out of its way to try and discredit Trump. Very biased. I would take Fact Check dot Org with many grains of salt. If you cannot use salt, just don't bother!
Parent of a 9, 9, and 12 year old Written bylgw December 29, 2010

Okay for children, but not neutral, so encourage multiple websites.

Although this website is proposed as a neutral based fact finding website, it is sponsored by a left-biased organization. One should read about the Annenburg histories to determine how the organizations have played a part in American politics and then determine the level of "neutrality". The "facts" are definitely not neutral based and this website is not truly representative of a bi-partisan nature.
Adult Written byAloscalzo September 21, 2019

Just The Facts

After doing some research after reading the adult negative reviews of FactCheck.org, I find the site to be fair and merely stating the facts, finding discrepancies or exaggerations of politicians on both sides of the aisle. I understand the fear of the site leaning towards who's buttering their bread but, I don't see that bias here. I suggest others who are curious about the Annenberg Foundation's donations to FactCheck.org check out,
https://www.annenbergpublicpolicycenter.org/about/ and https://annenberg.org/

I did find one group that thinks FactCheck.org is a bias towards liberals,
But, they identify themselves as an "American conservative and American libertarian non-profit organization and watchdog group located in Washington, D.C.[2][3] It was founded in 1984 by Willa Johnson "to study non-profit organizations, with a special focus on reviving the American traditions of charity, philanthropy, and voluntarism." According to the organization, the group supports "free markets, constitutional government, and individual liberty."[4] It discourages donations by corporations to non-profits supporting what it sees as anti-business or left-wing policies.[5] It monitors the giving of major left-wing donors in the U.S.[3]" Clearly identifying with a political agenda.

I've concluded that I trust FactCheck.org to give me and my family just that, fact check. It will help us decide who we will vote for and who's telling the truth, that's hard to find.