All member reviews for Fantage

Cute, fun virtual world with great safety measures.

Parent of a 8 year old Written byrsbrandt March 24, 2011

As a parent it annoys me greatly that there are strong distinctions between members and nonmembers. There is constant pressure to join and reminders of what you can and can't do and have. About the only thing good I can say is that it is providing a great example of unfair treatment as has happened with class or skin color. I'm sure someone will say "lighten up", but I think it's a lousy message. But rather than ban it I have allowed my daughter to play, but have made clear that membership is out of the question. Frankly it's not a bad way to teach how the world goes sometimes!
Adult Written bymagsgma January 1, 2012

Mixed age groups. Beware that younger children may be subjected to manipulation and control issues (bullying).

I observed my granddaughter using this a couple of times. I think that the drama in the "rooms" is not appropriate for her age. (6 y/o) I was disappointed in the site. My dil seemed impressed with it - saying that it teaches her to spell. I respectfully disagree. Please is not spelled plz. and place is not spelled plc. Making other girls cry because someone doesn't want them to follow them is also not a trait that I want her to learn. Some of the girls seem to be too old for her to be *friends* with. I had to ask her to log off. I will not allow her to use it again while she is here.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byfantage_sucks December 25, 2010

no control over letting children buy stuff and charge it to your credit card

I registered my 8 yo daughter for the premium membership. The next day I had an additional charge of $10 she does not know how she got. They should not allow an 8 year old to charge anything to a credit card. When I wrote to complaint they said that my daughter would not be allowed to use the site if they had to return my money. Nice customer service. Yesterday my account was charged for the monthly fee and today I can't not login. No phone number and technical support...well, I'm waiting for their reply.
Parent Written byBlueberry062 November 11, 2012

LEARNING

Terrible Staff

My daughters account got hacked and permently banned, So my daughter called fantage and they said they would call back... never heard back from them. Then I sent a email regarding this and never got a response and her account was still banned. I find it terrible that they dont anwser back, I know this one user got banned and the hackers account got banned she got unbanned and got everything back. And I don't even get a response back!? If they want more people on their website they should find a new staff, they make enough money, so many people buy memberships and ecoins they should have enough money to pay for staff that helps, not lies.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysafeguy333 July 13, 2012

Ruined By Kids

this COULD be a good website but kids find ways to sneak thru the filters. they also find ways to do inappropriate things.
Kid, 11 years old August 21, 2009

its sooo safe!

It is very safe!!! me and my little six year old brother loves it. we both have accounts and i log on with him. there are online realationships but i stay out of that and also teach my brother too. i think it is perfectly safe for paretns to let there kids that are 5+ get an account.
Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written bymarke May 3, 2013

Pressure to buy monthly membership

My 6 year daughter started playing this and shortly afterwards wanted us to pay the $9.99 membership to let her access the premium content. I'm watching her cry her little heart out now as we tell her no. I say don't bother...peer and game pressure to buy premium memberships will make them very sad when you have to say no. It may be a life lesson as one parent put it but make sure you teach it BEFORE they get hooked.
Parent Written bygrr rr August 15, 2011

fantage

because you cant earn ecoins on fantage and it shows if your poor ur a non member and if ur rich ur a member thats sad just like our world we live in
Kid, 11 years old December 19, 2009

i love fantage.I play everyday.
Kid, 10 years old July 6, 2012

LEARNING

Don't play it

Its not a really good website. You can talk to people on it and they let you say stuff like ugly and loser . Some people want people to be there ''ones'' which means boyfriend/girlfriend. One time i went to a one tryout by mistake and the person who was hosting it wouldn't let me leave.BTW, i thought it was friend tryouts.Anyway i just watched it and the boy asked questions and didn't even care about the question. He just picked the girl who was hottest, wich are basiclly the members. Its ridiculous. And then one time i was in downtown and i saw these people fighting. First this boy said to this girl: ''your tan is too dark!!.'' Then the girl said back : ''Well ur tan is too light!!''. Then this group of people started fighting about it.The thing i thought that was hurtful about it was they were basiclly saying your skin is too light/dark.Then one time i was at this daughter tryout . (daughter tryouts are not this bad) Then the host showed up and then she waited for a while. She was waiting to add someone. The person she was adding was wearing some baby suit.Ididnt't know it at the time. She didn't add anyone else. Then all of a sudden she boasted out ABC123 IS THE WINNER!! Then she kicked everyone else out of her house.(i think abc123 was the name but im not sure) It was really mean and a waste of time. Like one person said there are some spelling issues in fantage. Cool isn't spelled kewl. People isn't spelled ppl. Nevermind isn't spelled nvm. Place isn't spelled plc.One time this girl (YES a girl) wanted me to be her one.I just said eww no! get away from me! It was disgusting. I think that this site should be taken off and/or shut down. NOTE: i am sorry if i have any spelling and/or grammer mistakes.
Kid, 11 years old October 30, 2010

Super-Fun Website With Some Issues

I have been on Fantage since June of 2009. It is educational, as it offers typing games and math games. It has a mostly postive attitude, though some users will try to find ways to type in bad words or have boyfriends/girlfriends. I only see this very rarely, but kids under 9 should go to less crowded servers, so it minimizes bad content. There is no way that I see that you can hack somebody's account. For parents, there is a e-mail for help or concerns. Very fun and has events often, but includes holiday events as well which may not show a positive outlook on kids with different religion. Overall, it is very fun and safe, but some users have a bad influence.
Parent of a 8, 8, 8, and 8 year old Written by114913 March 30, 2009

tri city

list every thing my daughter needs!!!
Kid, 11 years old January 4, 2014

Horrible

The game is just HORRIBLE! Although there isn't anything inappropriate, I just hate the game. It's boring! All you do is buy things and 87% of those things are for Members. The things that are for non members: at first they were good but now they're just getting horrible and redundant. A lot of the items are just recolored versions of previous non member items. To sum it up. I hate the concept of the game. The creators of it are obviously lazy when it comes to game developing and everything.
Kid, 12 years old January 1, 2014

Fantage gets just as boring as Club Penguin when you didn't pay for "Membership/Premium" :(

Fantage does not have a safe system for chatting like Club Penguin, which could result to swear words and inappropriate things happening(be cautious when you let your child play in a virtual world that can have no chat filters). In fact, in the past, when I found Fantage and my sister became addicted to it, I got bored and kept telling her that it seemed like a ripoff of Club Penguin, which I personally say myself(no offense, but I bet everyone will hate me for saying that...)Also, it is desperate for money like Club Penguin, giving more limits to buy items, but lower boundaries have been found to me in Fantage. Not only that, but Premium Members can tease non Premium Members rudely and that kids go crazy about their Fantage "mom" and the fact kids can feel rejected. Also, one of the most famous games in Fantage called Fashion Show most likely will show an outfit that only a Premium Member can put on in the last round, which makes the game impossible to non Premium Members, which would make kids sad, since they really want to be a Premium Member since it seems so amazing to be one.
Kid, 11 years old January 1, 2014

In-Game Purchases are a problem.

This game is flashy, fun, and addicting. However, one of the problems I saw while I was playing is the in-game purchases. Most of the time, people who don't have "Membership" or "E-Coins" are unable to purchase the items they desire. This draws them to getting their parents to buy them the virtual currency, and I am ashamed to say I did that once. On the flip side, your child will most likely like the game. Mostly, this game is for children to play games to earn Stars, use it to design their dream Avatar and their house.
Parent of a 16 year old Written byMrs. Wodetski September 11, 2013

Very bad - Wastes your time

Hello, I am Isabella - Mother of Cassidy. I am 29 years old, and just last night, I found my daughter playing 'Fantage', and I was quite curious to try it out myself. I went onto the website, created a character, and I found the game quite difficult to understand. It is very disappointing that you need membership just to do certain things that everyone should have the right to do. My daughter already has membership in: Club Penguin and ourWorld, and I told her no more, unless it gave you good customs... Well, it turned out this game is a scam. It engages you in many membership advertisements, telling you that you should become a member, day after day... Also, everything on the website is very expensive and hard to acquire. I am still confused on how this virtual site is doing so well, when all you do is dress an avatar and walk around. Most of the people on the site are immature little kids that don't know the difference between right and wrong, and have the tendency to replace curse-words with worlds like "shell" instead of "h---", which really irritates me. I think this whole game needs to be re-created, because all it is, is buy this, buy that, trade this, trade that, advertisement, blah, blah... Don't try it, waste of money and a huge disappointment.
Adult Written bylouise35 February 15, 2012

what the eyes cant see!!! maybe

sorry i cant answer any of the above good and bad things all i can say ive been on fantage since it started and very high lvl member and im not a child anymore but was when i started i love lots of things about fantage you dont see is the bully of ppl from new ppl joining bcuz there are non or bcuz of stuff they have to high lvl members bcuz of there lvls or bcuz they wont add them to there buddies list is full which is 200 i know sound alot but some high member have been on there for 3 to 4 years and have full list years ago like me but ppl dont get that!! also ppl are very clever and seem to get around fantage fliter chat that only bad language used there is many thing that ppl dont see. also you can report ppl for number of things everyone can report a person to fantage for a number of things and think they will deal with this which isint the case ppl know that nothing happens if you do get reported all i can say its up to you if you join fantage i still love fantage but think how ppl get away with this if fantage is soooo child friendly and should get out of the office and on there site to see what actually goes on youtube video could be a started to see what happens, i am willing to answer anything that you need to ask sorry for how long this is but this is one issue thanks for your time louise
Adult Written bybianca7788 May 16, 2011

OK for kids

Fantage is an OK website, they don't have a filter so you are free to say what you want which is a problem. They focus on fashion and glamour. You have to pay to do most of the fun activities on this site.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytokidoki May 7, 2011

great for 8-11, 12-14 might find it childish

I honestly don't like the site. The kids are starting to use inappropriate words and it is no fun for non-members. It is turning into a bad website. They should really have strong filtering. Why not for teens? The reason I don't think it is for teens is because it is a little bit too childish. The graphics aren't exactly appealing to teens and the way they walk around, I wish they didn't use those boards. Good things? There is a good community and there are alot of people helping you out. There are occasional rude kids/teens who decide to call new people "noobs" which can be hurtful.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycasarela April 25, 2011

not really for kids

Well you can get hacked if your a higher level and i am 13 i plan to quit forever at 14 since its ages 8-14 :/