All member reviews for Fantage

Cute, fun virtual world with great safety measures.

Parent of a 8 year old Written byrsbrandt March 24, 2011

As a parent it annoys me greatly that there are strong distinctions between members and nonmembers. There is constant pressure to join and reminders of what you can and can't do and have. About the only thing good I can say is that it is providing a great example of unfair treatment as has happened with class or skin color. I'm sure someone will say "lighten up", but I think it's a lousy message. But rather than ban it I have allowed my daughter to play, but have made clear that membership is out of the question. Frankly it's not a bad way to teach how the world goes sometimes!
Parent of a 8 year old Written byfantage_sucks December 25, 2010

no control over letting children buy stuff and charge it to your credit card

I registered my 8 yo daughter for the premium membership. The next day I had an additional charge of $10 she does not know how she got. They should not allow an 8 year old to charge anything to a credit card. When I wrote to complaint they said that my daughter would not be allowed to use the site if they had to return my money. Nice customer service. Yesterday my account was charged for the monthly fee and today I can't not login. No phone number and technical support...well, I'm waiting for their reply.
Teen, 17 years old Written byReflection March 11, 2014

Old Fantage was better.

In my opinion, old Fantage was a billion times better then current fantage. In old fantage, everyone was equal and didn't require membership to have fun. Now, fantage admins barley read your comments when you post one to them. Almost EVERYTHING in current fantage is membership only and the memberships are quiet expensive. In old fantage, a ton of stuff was like, 10 stars and if you had 1,000 stars, you would be considered rich. Now, to be considered rich, you'd have to have over a million stars. This is really irritating me, but in current Fantage, these users hold "Family tryouts" and pretend to be like, 1 year old. Also, some desperate people say these stuff like, "One needed" or, "If you think i'm cute, my place." They even kiss or have s-x in public! Also, in old fantage, houses, clothing, etc were like, close to 100-500 stars and now, most of them are over 1000-2500 stars. Everything is much tougher to buy. And Trade n Sell-I know it closed down, but there has been a hell ton of scammers when this place opened. People have been double trading and saying they will give you something else, but if you accept they usualy run away with your item! This new dumb thing called "Lucky" Bot. It is such a waste of ecoins. It costs 900 ecoins to spin and non mems will feel left out. If you are a non, for e.g, and it took you nearly 3 months saving up ecoins and give the lucky bot a spin, you will mostly just get ugly furniture. And this "megaphone" thing. It sucks. You can't choose what to say and costs 200 ecoins to post a puny message up. I'd rather come to school bare naked. The mesage only shows for a whooping 3 seconds and then it dissapears forever. Emoticons. They copied the Facebook emoticon page. People have been saying these, Family tryouts so much that Fantage even made a hairy deal out of it. They make some emoticons of baby animals and stuff and on the top says text that says, "Family Tryouts, my place" Cussing. Very young children also play this game and other users probably don't care. They find different ways to say bad things. If you are going to say r-pe they say as Raupe. Some dumb kids playing this game say things they think are funny to users who might really be 6-7 like, "Hey, can i come to your house and check your mommy?" While dressing up in riduculous costumes. Very lazy spelling. Some young people might think how a word spelt incorrectly is really a correct word. For e.g: This lazy kid comes and says, "Hey thr. Whtz uhp? Wanna cm to mai plc?" And a 7 year old kid thinks every word in his sentance is spelt correctly. I miss the old fantage. If you have played during 2007 Beta-2010, you will see what i mean. ;(
Adult Written bymagsgma January 1, 2012

Mixed age groups. Beware that younger children may be subjected to manipulation and control issues (bullying).

I observed my granddaughter using this a couple of times. I think that the drama in the "rooms" is not appropriate for her age. (6 y/o) I was disappointed in the site. My dil seemed impressed with it - saying that it teaches her to spell. I respectfully disagree. Please is not spelled plz. and place is not spelled plc. Making other girls cry because someone doesn't want them to follow them is also not a trait that I want her to learn. Some of the girls seem to be too old for her to be *friends* with. I had to ask her to log off. I will not allow her to use it again while she is here.
Parent Written byBlueberry062 November 11, 2012

LEARNING

Terrible Staff

My daughters account got hacked and permently banned, So my daughter called fantage and they said they would call back... never heard back from them. Then I sent a email regarding this and never got a response and her account was still banned. I find it terrible that they dont anwser back, I know this one user got banned and the hackers account got banned she got unbanned and got everything back. And I don't even get a response back!? If they want more people on their website they should find a new staff, they make enough money, so many people buy memberships and ecoins they should have enough money to pay for staff that helps, not lies.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byneisa7sweet May 31, 2014

My daughter (13) Plays this game. I think it involves too much money. For example: Everything about the new "MyMall" store involves paying. Opening a store $. Buying an item $. Safety is a biggie for me. I walk past my daughter and she is at a "family" tryout or a "wun" tryout. If you didn't know wun is a fantage boyfriend since fantage refrains them from saying boyfriend. I have viewed my daughter kissing her "wun". When fantage does something players do not like they start riots and etc. I for one think fantage really has to improve to make this a trustworthy site.
Teen, 13 years old Written byShadoSiren May 29, 2012

Boring,repetitive, and doesn't let you do anything if you're not a paying "member."
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheRachsterRach April 5, 2014

Not very recommended. Horrid time wasting.

This was an ok website, but it turns out, a RIPOFF! At the start, there wasn't any limited events to raise your trendsetter level up, there wasn't any teeny or adulty people, but then it turned out into a catastrophe! I dislike that you have to be a premium member to do everything in fantage. It's unfair! Everything in fantage is a complete ripoff, too much member vs non member stuff that celebrities even bully, and too addicting that spending all your entire life, you're trying to get a high level. It's a very difficult game, because it'll take forever to become a celebrity or have a high level. The Fantage Staff is also very foul. They don't want to respond, won't help hacked people, and they keep them banned, because they just want to blame people. I also was hacked, so hopefully they will hire a new staff, or else I will create a petition to have the staff shut fantage down, or ask them to shut fantage down. It's worthless, a complete ripoff, and I can't wait until it shuts down. Someday.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysafeguy333 July 13, 2012

Ruined By Kids

this COULD be a good website but kids find ways to sneak thru the filters. they also find ways to do inappropriate things.
Kid, 11 years old October 30, 2010

Super-Fun Website With Some Issues

I have been on Fantage since June of 2009. It is educational, as it offers typing games and math games. It has a mostly postive attitude, though some users will try to find ways to type in bad words or have boyfriends/girlfriends. I only see this very rarely, but kids under 9 should go to less crowded servers, so it minimizes bad content. There is no way that I see that you can hack somebody's account. For parents, there is a e-mail for help or concerns. Very fun and has events often, but includes holiday events as well which may not show a positive outlook on kids with different religion. Overall, it is very fun and safe, but some users have a bad influence.
Kid, 11 years old December 19, 2009

i love fantage.I play everyday.
Kid, 11 years old August 21, 2009

its sooo safe!

It is very safe!!! me and my little six year old brother loves it. we both have accounts and i log on with him. there are online realationships but i stay out of that and also teach my brother too. i think it is perfectly safe for paretns to let there kids that are 5+ get an account.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywinter54389 June 16, 2015

Some issues

I've been playing fantage for a couple of years now and surprisingly still play it, but what I've noticed as I've played awhile is the obvious difference between non members and members. Members receive way more prizes and advantages, which isn't really worth the money. Also, you have to be a member to buy almost anything, unless your using gold or ecoins. Besides the money aspect, I've met many nice people on fantage, and enjoy messaging them, although some older aged play fantage, so there is some concern if you have a young child, but it seems theres fewer younger kids anyways(:
Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written byBc1500 June 19, 2014

Horrible site! Not for young kids!

I let my 8 year daughter try this site. As is customary in my home, I sat with her whole she played for a bit. In the first few minutes, she was asked to go to girlfriend tryouts to see who would be this guy's girlfriend. There also was a call for a lebz tryout!!! This means lesbian. Needless to say, we will not be playing anymore! I don't know how the site got a kid safe rating, but it should be revoked!!! The aviators stadium by each other and pretend to do sexual things. So inappropriate! I am appalled!
Kid, 10 years old March 20, 2014

Fantage is great, but can be stressful

I give Fantage O.K, but Fantage has terrible animation which can make you stress because it also freezes your computer. You always need to buy membership or else you will have ads all over the place (e.g. "Become a member today!") I am a member on Fantage, but I still have experiences from being a "non-member". First, you can buy crappy items that some kids might not like (e.g. From the K.I.D.S Charity event (outdated) has a non-member costume looks like an overweight kindergarden kid. There are also users you don't know on Fantage. My tip is that to make sure you know if any of your friends that are on Fantage. You also must know their usernames. My account has no friends because I don't know any of them. Users on Fantage use these two "l"s (the letter L) on one side then the other when to describe an action not shown in an actions icon. (e.g. ll hugs ll) There are also inappropriate ones such as ll kisses ll. Fantage is also a business, and is also greedy. There are two currencies called "stars" and "ecoins". Fantage wants you to buy membership and ecoins so they can make money. The last thing I want to talk about is that people on YouTube make videos. Sometimes, they end up adding users to their videos. Sometimes, they show them hacking others. Once, I was watching a video on Youtube and it was about on how to get a membership for free, but the user hacked a member to get free membership. I said something to Fantage, but, they never replied back to me. That is it for this.
Parent of a 16 year old Written byMrs. Wodetski September 11, 2013

Very bad - Wastes your time

Hello, I am Isabella - Mother of Cassidy. I am 29 years old, and just last night, I found my daughter playing 'Fantage', and I was quite curious to try it out myself. I went onto the website, created a character, and I found the game quite difficult to understand. It is very disappointing that you need membership just to do certain things that everyone should have the right to do. My daughter already has membership in: Club Penguin and ourWorld, and I told her no more, unless it gave you good customs... Well, it turned out this game is a scam. It engages you in many membership advertisements, telling you that you should become a member, day after day... Also, everything on the website is very expensive and hard to acquire. I am still confused on how this virtual site is doing so well, when all you do is dress an avatar and walk around. Most of the people on the site are immature little kids that don't know the difference between right and wrong, and have the tendency to replace curse-words with worlds like "shell" instead of "h---", which really irritates me. I think this whole game needs to be re-created, because all it is, is buy this, buy that, trade this, trade that, advertisement, blah, blah... Don't try it, waste of money and a huge disappointment.
Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written bymarke May 3, 2013

Pressure to buy monthly membership

My 6 year daughter started playing this and shortly afterwards wanted us to pay the $9.99 membership to let her access the premium content. I'm watching her cry her little heart out now as we tell her no. I say don't bother...peer and game pressure to buy premium memberships will make them very sad when you have to say no. It may be a life lesson as one parent put it but make sure you teach it BEFORE they get hooked.
Parent Written bygrr rr August 15, 2011

fantage

because you cant earn ecoins on fantage and it shows if your poor ur a non member and if ur rich ur a member thats sad just like our world we live in
Parent of a 9 year old Written byAgnt007 January 5, 2015

Disgusting Place to allow you child to be

I checked this website out after my son asked to play the game. I was not impressed with what I found. As soon as I logged on I saw people screaming out in full caps about "whun tryouts" I was interested about this and googled it. Turns out that "whun tryouts" are actually boyfriend and girlfriend tryouts. "whun" is just to evade the chat filters. The idea of holding a tryout based purely on "what colour and sport someone likes" is shallow and not what we should be bringing up our kids upon. I also found many people evading the chat filter to abuse others and say foul language. The very worst thing I saw was a boy and a girl standing next to each other and saying "ziax" which phonetically sounds like "sex". The emphasise on become a member and paying money is extreme. Everything is prompting you to buy gold or a membership, and this could lead to being nagged every 5 minutes to have it. Finally the site is peppered with ads. Every so often you have to watch an ad just to play a game. So if I could warn you, don't let your son or daughter play this game.
Adult Written bybianca7788 May 16, 2011

OK for kids

Fantage is an OK website, they don't have a filter so you are free to say what you want which is a problem. They focus on fashion and glamour. You have to pay to do most of the fun activities on this site.