Parent reviews for Fantage

Cute, fun virtual world with great safety measures.

Parent of a 8 and 12-year-old Written byBc1500 June 19, 2014

Horrible site! Not for young kids!

I let my 8 year daughter try this site. As is customary in my home, I sat with her whole she played for a bit. In the first few minutes, she was asked to go to girlfriend tryouts to see who would be this guy's girlfriend. There also was a call for a lebz tryout!!! This means lesbian. Needless to say, we will not be playing anymore! I don't know how the site got a kid safe rating, but it should be revoked!!! The aviators stadium by each other and pretend to do sexual things. So inappropriate! I am appalled!

Parent of a 8-year-old Written byrsbrandt March 24, 2011
As a parent it annoys me greatly that there are strong distinctions between members and nonmembers. There is constant pressure to join and reminders of what you can and can't do and have. About the only thing good I can say is that it is providing a great example of unfair treatment as has happened with class or skin color. I'm sure someone will say
"lighten up", but I think it's a lousy message. But rather than ban it I have allowed my daughter to play, but have made clear that membership is out of the question. Frankly it's not a bad way to teach how the world goes sometimes!
Parent of a 9-year-old Written byDavid G. January 5, 2015

Disgusting Place to allow you child to be

I checked this website out after my son asked to play the game. I was not impressed with what I found. As soon as I logged on I saw people screaming out in full caps about "whun tryouts" I was interested about this and googled it. Turns out that "whun tryouts" are actually boyfriend and girlfriend tryouts. "whun" is just to evade the chat filters. The idea of holding a tryout based purely on "what colour and sport someone likes" is shallow and not what we should be bringing up our kids upon. I also found many people evading the chat filter to abuse others and say foul language. The very worst thing I saw was a boy and a girl standing next to each other and saying "ziax" which phonetically sounds like "sex". The emphasise on become a member and paying money is extreme. Everything is prompting you to buy gold or a membership, and this could lead to being nagged every 5 minutes to have it. Finally the site is peppered with ads. Every so often you have to watch an ad just to play a game. So if I could warn you, don't let your son or daughter play this game.

Parent of a 13-year-old Written byneisa7sweet May 31, 2014
My daughter (13) Plays this game. I think it involves too much money. For example: Everything about the new "MyMall" store involves paying. Opening a store $. Buying an item $. Safety is a biggie for me. I walk past my daughter and she is at a "family" tryout or a "wun" tryout. If you didn't know wun is a fantage boyfriend since fantage refrains them from saying boyfriend. I have viewed my daughter kissing her "wun". When fantage does something players do not like they start riots and etc. I for one think fantage really has to improve to make this a trustworthy site.

Adult Written byfantageg April 24, 2015

Great site, but not good for young kids

It's an awesome site, pretty much, and the clothes are cute. There are events where you can get rare or limited items if you have stars/eCoins/gold and I think it's good that you can be rare and look awesome even if you aren't a member. However, if you're planning to buy something do NOT buy membership. All you get is extra stars and you can buy member items, but when the membership runs out you cannot use the items you bought with the mem stars. Buy gold or eCoins, because eCoined items can be used if you are a mem/non mem and gold can be used to purchase very rare items in Mymall. However, watch out while using gold because some people will scam by flash trading. As well, some items selling in mymall are premium member items and if you are a non you won't be able to use them.
The new filter makes the chat options a lot better and people are still flipping out because their child is saying inappropriate stuff on Fantage! Seriously, parents, put your kid's account on safe chat then so they can only say pre-recorded messages! And as for the "Wuhn" stuff and the dating/sex on Fantage, if your kid is like 6-7 don't let them on the site at all! Parents are complaining that their kid is saying bad stuff or listening to bad stuff, and if your child is too young to listen to that sh*t then DELETE THE ACCOUNT AND BAN THEM FROM THE SITE. Your child/children are YOUR responsibility while it is NOT your responsibility to yell at every other person on the server who thinks its funny to swear or whatever! Deal with the problem and keep them on other virtual worlds. I've been playing Fantage for 4 years now and I've only seen a couple incidents involving swearing. Parents, stop complaining about the admins and other players. Tell your child they aren't allowed to play anymore. It's NOT THEIR PROBLEM.

Adult Written byPinkstardust October 9, 2014

THIS IS AN IMPORTANT REVIEW!!

Well... I played fantage ever since I was in 3rd grade. And I LOVED it! I was addicted! I played all the time... I got a year round member ship for 3 years (Which is SUPER expensive) And reached level 700 and above! And then I thought about it... People cussing... having sex... this is NOT a game for little kids! Oh and they say its educational... oh boy no! There's only 1 or 2 games with an educational base! People on here are way to crazy and treat the non members who are level 30-40 and below like crap... and its not fair at all! I mean yes... coming from being a member all my life, Non's can be super annoying! But don't treat them THAT bad!!!!! fantage says its safe but really people can slip through the filter like THAT. It's so easy and not safe at all! Fantage has been banning people for no reason and its totally not fair :( I wouldn't recommend this game at all!

Parent of a 16-year-old Written byMrs. Wodetski September 11, 2013

Very bad - Wastes your time

Hello, I am Isabella - Mother of Cassidy. I am 29 years old, and just last night, I found my daughter playing 'Fantage', and I was quite curious to try it out myself. I went onto the website, created a character, and I found the game quite difficult to understand. It is very disappointing that you need membership just to do certain things that everyone should have the right to do. My daughter already has membership in: Club Penguin and ourWorld, and I told her no more, unless it gave you good customs... Well, it turned out this game is a scam. It engages you in many membership advertisements, telling you that you should become a member, day after day... Also, everything on the website is very expensive and hard to acquire. I am still confused on how this virtual site is doing so well, when all you do is dress an avatar and walk around. Most of the people on the site are immature little kids that don't know the difference between right and wrong, and have the tendency to replace curse-words with worlds like "shell" instead of "h---", which really irritates me. I think this whole game needs to be re-created, because all it is, is buy this, buy that, trade this, trade that, advertisement, blah, blah... Don't try it, waste of money and a huge disappointment.
Parent of a 6 and 9-year-old Written bymarke May 3, 2013

Pressure to buy monthly membership

My 6 year daughter started playing this and shortly afterwards wanted us to pay the $9.99 membership to let her access the premium content. I'm watching her cry her little heart out now as we tell her no. I say don't bother...peer and game pressure to buy premium memberships will make them very sad when you have to say no. It may be a life lesson as one parent put it but make sure you teach it BEFORE they get hooked.

Adult Written byBlueberry062 November 11, 2012

Terrible Staff

My daughters account got hacked and permently banned, So my daughter called fantage and they said they would call back... never heard back from them. Then I sent a email regarding this and never got a response and her account was still banned. I find it terrible that they dont anwser back, I know this one user got banned and the hackers account got banned she got unbanned and got everything back. And I don't even get a response back!? If they want more people on their website they should find a new staff, they make enough money, so many people buy memberships and ecoins they should have enough money to pay for staff that helps, not lies.

Parent of a 10-year-old Written byevelyno December 27, 2015

Inappropriate

People just go around and have "saix" and kiss and have boyfriends and swear. Horrible site and lots of people get scammed.

Adult Written byFrozenSandwich April 14, 2015

"Another pay to win-styled dress-up game" - Slightly biased free-to-player, me

From my experience with the game, the community is fairly decent. Then again, people hardly chat in Fantage. But if there was one word to describe the game now, it would be "inconsistent." The daily bonuses are fairly decent, the mini games offer minimal rewards (meager amounts of the game's standard currency, stars) and well, premium members may receive 50-100 free items of their choice per day. Once they even had an "free membership" week, people grinded (if you could even say that for a dress-up game) for oh-so-privileged premium member items; Hatch pets (aside from the obligatory standard non-member 2), earn gems (from playing mini games, since non-members could only wear one of six kinds of gem combination items), buy fancy houses (and furniture), receive the special premium member monthly item, etc. And at the end of the event, all the free-to-players sighed, as they realized they had to be a premium member to use those items, or use the second currency, ecoins (no there was no fore-mentioning with this from the game).

You'd think that things would change when they heightened the daily bonus rewards for ALL the players. Well they upped the bar for premium members too (as said before). I'm not saying that members get all the benefits, because when your subscription times out, guess what? You don't get to wear those items you earned. Unless you renew it or bought the item with... ecoins. Oh you can earn ecoins through events participation, daily login, bingo (a series of tedious tasks to fulfill) and such. But guess what? You can also BUY them too (at this point how bitter I must sound)! And I swear, with addition of the implemented login rewards, they butchered the bingo chart to show things such as "Play 15 games of _______." "I mean, who has TIME for that? Ha. Non-paying players would. Why not just buy the ecoins?" Money money money. The ecoins, however give the non-paying players a chance to earn regularly premium items. Still, some may feel the urge to buy the virtual currency, both premium and non-premium members
The contrast between the quality of the premium vs. non-premium (at this point, I should mention that I say non-premium as for "all players") items is a little disheartening as well.

And in the end, I admit, I spent a fair amount of my time on this game. The gimmicks they brought to the table worked on me. I have free time.

Don't let your kids follow this mindset.

2/10 out of anger.

5/10 realistically.

TL;DR

Maybe I'm just using this as an excuse to rant post. But honestly, if one were to play this, expect some kind of pay-to-win elements to be present.

At the very least, allow your kid to know about privacy with account information and scams. The virtual world of Fantage is actually decently made with the various places to explore and classic arcade-style games. It's the consumerism that irks me about it.

Adult Written bykyletiger8 August 21, 2015

Employees don't care; All about money; Old Fantage was better

Fantage has turned into a complete mess. Fantage used to be such a fun, worry-free game. Here are some things that I dislike about Fantage: this stupid new online currency called gold which is pretty much just replacing eCoins and shows that Fantage is greedy for money, there "Renovation" which took away the best places on Fantage and made Fantage a whole lot smaller, horrible chat system which bans you for saying “leab” and blocks way too many innocent conversations for no reason and lets horrible things through, the uncooperative and non-caring staff , and the fact that there's really not many fun things to do (and if there are, they don't take long to complete). The older Fantage was much better, simply because it was about kids having fun online and not about money. Fantage has just let this website slip out of their hands. It seems like Fantage is getting worse overtime. It also seems like Fantage throws away all of their good ideas, like the Admin visits and Trade N' Sell. There aren't really opportunities for Fantagians to share their ideas of the website with workers. There really not listening to the people that pay their bills. If the Fantage staff would put in an effort to listen to people’s problems, the website would be so much better.

Adult Written bymagsgma January 1, 2012

Mixed age groups. Beware that younger children may be subjected to manipulation and control issues (bullying).

I observed my granddaughter using this a couple of times. I think that the drama in the "rooms" is not appropriate for her age. (6 y/o) I was disappointed in the site. My dil seemed impressed with it - saying that it teaches her to spell. I respectfully disagree. Please is not spelled plz. and place is not spelled plc. Making other girls cry because someone doesn't want them to follow them is also not a trait that I want her to learn. Some of the girls seem to be too old for her to be *friends* with. I had to ask her to log off. I will not allow her to use it again while she is here.
Adult Written bygrr rr August 15, 2011

fantage

because you cant earn ecoins on fantage and it shows if your poor ur a non member and if ur rich ur a member thats sad just like our world we live in
Parent of a 8-year-old Written byfantage_sucks December 25, 2010

no control over letting children buy stuff and charge it to your credit card

I registered my 8 yo daughter for the premium membership. The next day I had an additional charge of $10 she does not know how she got. They should not allow an 8 year old to charge anything to a credit card. When I wrote to complaint they said that my daughter would not be allowed to use the site if they had to return my money. Nice customer service.

Yesterday my account was charged for the monthly fee and today I can't not login. No phone number and technical support...well, I'm waiting for their reply.

Adult Written byButterfly2909 September 6, 2010

9/10

I Like It! I Am Butterfly2909 On Fantage. I Think It's A Good Website But Not That Safe Because Some People Jump On Each Other Which They Call "Sex" . And They Should Stop It.

Parent of a 10-year-old Written byI love my animals May 1, 2010

Good For All Ages

I think this website is excellent! I give it 2 thumbs up. My child goes on it all the time and has a blast! It is very age-appropriate for my child who is ten. Whenever I am on the room all I see is my child in The Star Cafe playing tic tac toe! Very good for my child!
Adult Written byJ1u January 13, 2022

احلى لعبه

لعبه كلها ذكريات ليتهم م سكروا لعبه :(

Adult Written byLaalameri July 15, 2020

She is a good game

You have to play this game it's really funny game !
Adult Written bySheeen2 July 13, 2020