Parent reviews for Fantage

Cute, fun virtual world with great safety measures.

Adult Written bysuckmydoodlebop... August 10, 2019

TERRIBLE! WOULD NEVER PLAY AGAIN! );

I WENT TO THIS THING CALLED THE "SECXZ AT MY BARN" AND A BUNCH OF JAPANESE MIDGETS WERE JUMPING AROUND AND SAYING THINGS LIKE "AH AH O OI" I WAS SCARED FOR DEAR LIFE! I WOULD NEVER, EVER LET MY DAUGHTER PLAY THIS DISGUSTING GAME! I REMEMBER GOING TO THE TOP MODELS VIP AND MORE JAPANESE MIDGETS WERE JUMPING AND DOING THE "OWO" FACE! WHAT IS GOING ON IN THIS WORLD!?!??! THE WORST CRIME OF ALL WAS WHEN I WENT TO THIS "BAE TRYOUT" AND DIDN'T WIN! I LOOKED THE BEST! I AM THE BEST! THIS GAME IS A FRAUD AND I HATE IT!

Adult Written byjaybruhhwolf February 3, 2019

Good Game For 10+

Ive playing this game for years... Probably more than 10 years... I've forgot about this game for awhile and wanted to log back on untill i realized the game was shut down... :C I' sad about it yes, one of my childhood favorite games are gone... I would have started playing this amazing game if it was not shut down... RIP Fantage... Ive been playing since i was about 10 or younger, and i'm 15 now.
Adult Written bykzero July 10, 2018

Inappropriate

I played this game for a little bit, but gave up. There are boyfriend tryouts, sex, and consumerism.

Adult Written byemojiface p. May 3, 2018

really disapointing

my 6 year old daughter wanted to play this game and i tried it out to make sure it is "kid friendly" but my advice is to not let your kids play this game, people replace curse words with letters that make it sound bad, like "ceox" which sounds like sex, i don't think is an appropriate, don't let your kids play this, no matter how much they want to, i know its not my rights to tell parents how to raise their child, but i'm just trying to help..

Adult Written byAilmeha B. March 30, 2018

My childhood

Its a really fun game for children to go and play with people. They get to dress up and explore. I like tht they allow the child to keep there stuff when membership is gone. No really bad swearing or anything. Just childs play, like maybe someone would most likely say "Stop following me"

Adult Written byAcepace Y. March 18, 2018

Very Bad!

now, where do i start. I've been playing this damn game since 2009. id say from 2007 to 2011 was the best time for this game. now, they pester you to get premium memberships and gold. and also, the only kids that that are left on the game are horny little 10 year olds and its scary. they try to have "sex" and they do "bae" tryouts. don't bother with this game- the creators are just money hungry and they don't realize that the game has been dead ever since 2014 (the year that they added "gold", and you have to pay for that.) every 20 seconds you get a message thats like, "get gold!" or "get premium membership!" if you want to play this game, take that thought and throw it out the window because that is a VERY bad idea. no good.

Adult Written bySharron J. March 5, 2018

Mother that's playing with her son and the Mother gets banned.

Fantage took me for a ride I use to play with my son and my son stopped but I kept on playing it and it is now been five years on Fantage for me, they all of a sudden permanently banned me. Want to play with your child on this game well they will kick you off also people on there tell you to talk on kik witch is not part of the game at all.

Adult Written bysoivos s. February 20, 2017

They ruined their game

It used to be fine, but now it's about having the most money. The kids there are bullying other people and always talk trash. The whole game experience went downhill since december of 2010.

Adult Written byFantage U. November 19, 2016

Fantage

I have been a user of Fantage for many years. I am now older and I'd like to share some things. I've noticed that Fantage has become more desperate in forcing kids to get membership. There is little a nonmember can do. The outfits for the girls were always age appropriate. Now, there are shirts that show off the character's belly. This is wrong. This is a kid's website. I looked at the boy's avatar's clothing and they weren't as revealing as the girl's. Something is definitely wrong here. Besides this, the game is ok. There are lots of games to play and the chat has a filter so there can be no swearing. But there are always ways to get around it. Monitor your children, but don't seem too overbearing.

Adult Written byCameron L. November 18, 2016

Worst game

Every time I try to play fashion show, the final theme never shows. It is very annoying because that used to be my favorite game on Fantage and it hasn't been working for so long now and no one is doing anything about it. Also, they never add new costumes for non members and they hardly ever add new stuff for non members and I find that very annoying.
Parent Written byMissy C. October 2, 2016

Nice but

This game is really nice. It is friendly to its nonmembers because sometimes they will give you a week of free membership. People say "Club Penguin" is better but I made an account on it my self on club penguin and found out it hates its nonmembers. On fantage though, people always will say "Ceox" (sex) my place! They also have a way of sneaking cuss words out.

Parent of an infant, 3, 4, 5, and 8-year-old Written byMia Lavared August 12, 2016

Not very child-friendly

The other day my daughter, Mia went on fantage and there were people saying "Ends life" and people were saying misspelled words of bad words and people were saying they were drinking vine (Wine) and a girl and boy was saying they were kissing

Adult Written byatkach000 April 27, 2016

Good concept--terrible execution!

I will start by saying that I used to play on this website as a preteen. Back in the day it was pretty fun for me because I didn't have to pay a subscription in order to do most things. Nowadays, however, things are a bit different.

They have three types of currency in the game: stars, gold, and ecoins. Stars are earned when you play games, mostly. Coins and gold, however, cannot be earned--they pretty much must be purchased. And it's not exactly cheap, either--it's $10.00 for 10,000 gold (don't quote me on that, I could be slightly off) but I will say that the currency goes fast, and 10,000 gold hardly gets the player anything at all. For example, one of the "luxury" items in the furniture store, a sports car, costs 20,000 gold. So is a parent really expected to pay $20.00 so their child can have a virtual car for their Fantage character? This is just one example of how the consumerism in this game has really become absurd over the years. Once it was a fun (and even educational) site for older kids and preteens now revolves almost entirely around money, and the site is completely boring unless the parent signs their child up for a "premium membership", which has a monthly cost.

That's another thing I have an issue with--monthly cost. It used to be that you were able to purchase only a month of membership, and when the month ran out, you were back to being a non-member again. The same could be done in a 6-month increment or a year's increment. And now, a premium membership is "automatically" renewed every month, regardless of what you sign up for. In other words, it's a recurring bill, which is something not every parent wants. It's a sneaky way to take more money from people!

However, it's worth mentioning in spite of the costs that the site is pretty safe for older children and preteens or even younger teenagers. I know I played the game up until I was about 18 years old, when things first started taking a turn for the worst. There are two types of chat features that can be enabled--Safe Chat (a child can pre-select a phrase or question from a list the site has come up with) or regular chat, which a user can type anything, but of course certain words are moderated. I specify that this site is for OLDER children and teens because of this; some users, as you might expect, find their way around filters and come up with slang words for swears, sexual references, etc. Fantage continues to monitor this, and over time the slang has gotten more and more complex due to the security features. This is a good thing--hopefully it means that eventually it will completely cut out the population of people who are instigating this type of bad behavior, as they will want to do it on websites that are much easier to hack in that way.

Another reason why this website isn't suitable for younger children is because, occasionally, there are outfits that aren't completely appropriate that characters can wear. The stores on Fantage sell everything from bikini swimsuits to crop tops. Sometimes the skirts and shorts fit the characters in a very scandalous way, if that makes sense. The characters aren't really sexualized necessarily, but parents might be wary of the fact that some people might be showing off a little bit more skin (for example, the torso/naval area).

I know that the majority of this review is bashing the site, but I think it's justified--not only does it have some outrageous costs, which cause an unequal distribution of wealth in the Fantage world (there is a VERY distinct difference in the dress/appearance of nonmembers vs. members) and it probably isn't a good thing that it's teaching the concept of materialism to children at an age that is very impressionable.

In spite of these faults, it does have a good amount of entertaining games and seasonal activities for players to enjoy. Unfortunately, once again, the limited-time events cater only to members, and nonmembers cannot enjoy any of those benefits. On top of that, there are usually "limited" items that you can buy during these events, and 99% of the time they can only be bought with gold or ecoins--which, as I mentioned before, you have to spend real money on in order to get. And since "limited" items cost so much, you'd end up spending probably $20.00 worth in virtual money for a user to have just a simple outfit! Ridiculous.

The games that are available to all players also don't seem to have been updated in a VERY long time. I realized this because when I went back to playing a lot of my old favorites, they were buggy and sometimes almost completely unplayable.

Such an expensive website as this shouldn't come with as many faults as it does. I'm very disappointed. Hope Fantage cleans up their act soon. It's so clear that all they care about is money, and the least they can do is make the website worth that money being paid.

Adult Written byalexv1 August 30, 2015

Adult Written byangrychild August 30, 2015

it sucks

i hate it . it lags too much and theyre very biased to their members yea they pay for it but some people cant afford it.
Adult Written byaligal852 June 3, 2015

super fun!

i love it! fun to play with the pets and to go shopping! i just do not like how most things are membership items. but its still really fun for a free game!

Adult Written byfrogey April 22, 2015

Iffy

I am older, so I don't really care. It's mainly just annoying kids. However, I get if you're eight or something. The "whun" thing would be a lot of pressure and they totally go overboard on the membership thing. In all honesty, it's just clothes. Sure there's some games, and some are educational, but it's mainly clothes. Basically all I do is try to win fashion shows and look cute. I haven't seen any sex or swearing, but I'm not on a lot of the time. The clothes are a little skimpy, though. For example... https://melonfantage.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/mink.jpg Just to show one I thought was a little out there.

Adult Written byfunnyc February 21, 2015

Kind of good

People do some rlly bad things like whuns and talk about s!x......... but they have some really fun games and you can make some really good friends, but your always pushe to bcoming a premium member i think it is where your at that depends on whats is happen for example if your at star cafe you will see lots of s!x but downtown you will find family tryouts and can pretent to be in a family.

Adult Written byKaguas November 7, 2014

Cool

Fantage is cool. I like the new daily bonus items you can get: free coins, coupons for cody's and lucky bot's, gems, and stars. I don't like a part of fantage because there is less chance of non-members winning the top models thingie for ecoins and stars (PM shop event). Well, they paid for it anyway. Fantage should also cut some slack off the chat block. I can't even say, "I'm bored." Which is not inappropriate. I hear lots of reviewers complaining about how people use Inappropriate language, you can just go to a less crowded server. It happens mostly on crowded servers. People say that fantage costs too much! Well, you can save money, by just getting free gamecards from surveys and stuff you complete from trusty swagbucks: http://www.wikihow.com/Earn-a-Free-Game-Card-from-Swagbucks (just click on this address to see how to earn a free gamecard from swagbucks). I like that now, fantage is giving more chances to non-members for winning ecoins and gold. That way every new fantagian can start off coolly.

Adult Written byhonestmother October 17, 2014