Kid reviews for Fantage

Cute, fun virtual world with great safety measures.

Teen, 17 years old Written byReflection March 11, 2014

Old Fantage was better.

In my opinion, old Fantage was a billion times better then current fantage. In old fantage, everyone was equal and didn't require membership to have fun. Now, fantage admins barley read your comments when you post one to them. Almost EVERYTHING in current fantage is membership only and the memberships are quiet expensive. In old fantage, a ton of stuff was like, 10 stars and if you had 1,000 stars, you would be considered rich. Now, to be considered rich, you'd have to have over a million stars. This is really irritating me, but in current Fantage, these users hold "Family tryouts" and pretend to be like, 1 year old. Also, some desperate people say these stuff like, "One needed" or, "If you think i'm cute, my place." They even kiss or have s-x in public! Also, in old fantage, houses, clothing, etc were like, close to 100-500 stars and now, most of them are over 1000-2500 stars. Everything is much tougher to buy. And Trade n Sell-I know it closed down, but there has been a hell ton of scammers when this place opened. People have been double trading and saying they will give you something else, but if you accept they usualy run away with your item! This new dumb thing called "Lucky" Bot. It is such a waste of ecoins. It costs 900 ecoins to spin and non mems will feel left out. If you are a non, for e.g, and it took you nearly 3 months saving up ecoins and give the lucky bot a spin, you will mostly just get ugly furniture. And this "megaphone" thing. It sucks. You can't choose what to say and costs 200 ecoins to post a puny message up. I'd rather come to school bare naked. The mesage only shows for a whooping 3 seconds and then it dissapears forever. Emoticons. They copied the Facebook emoticon page. People have been saying these, Family tryouts so much that Fantage even made a hairy deal out of it. They make some emoticons of baby animals and stuff and on the top says text that says, "Family Tryouts, my place" Cussing. Very young children also play this game and other users probably don't care. They find different ways to say bad things. If you are going to say r-pe they say as Raupe. Some dumb kids playing this game say things they think are funny to users who might really be 6-7 like, "Hey, can i come to your house and check your mommy?" While dressing up in riduculous costumes. Very lazy spelling. Some young people might think how a word spelt incorrectly is really a correct word. For e.g: This lazy kid comes and says, "Hey thr. Whtz uhp? Wanna cm to mai plc?" And a 7 year old kid thinks every word in his sentance is spelt correctly. I miss the old fantage. If you have played during 2007 Beta-2010, you will see what i mean. ;(

Kid, 11 years old January 4, 2014

Horrible

The game is just HORRIBLE! Although there isn't anything inappropriate, I just hate the game. It's boring! All you do is buy things and 87% of those things are for Members. The things that are for non members: at first they were good but now they're just getting horrible and redundant. A lot of the items are just recolored versions of previous non member items. To sum it up. I hate the concept of the game. The creators of it are obviously lazy when it comes to game developing and everything.
Kid, 10 years old March 20, 2014

Fantage is great, but can be stressful

I give Fantage O.K, but Fantage has terrible animation which can make you stress because it also freezes your computer. You always need to buy membership or else you will have ads all over the place (e.g. "Become a member today!") I am a member on Fantage, but I still have experiences from being a "non-member". First, you can buy crappy items that some kids might not like (e.g. From the K.I.D.S Charity event (outdated) has a non-member costume looks like an overweight kindergarden kid.

There are also users you don't know on Fantage. My tip is that to make sure you know if any of your friends that are on Fantage. You also must know their usernames. My account has no friends because I don't know any of them. Users on Fantage use these two "l"s (the letter L) on one side then the other when to describe an action not shown in an actions icon. (e.g. ll hugs ll) There are also inappropriate ones such as ll kisses ll.

Fantage is also a business, and is also greedy. There are two currencies called "stars" and "ecoins". Fantage wants you to buy membership and ecoins so they can make money.

The last thing I want to talk about is that people on YouTube make videos. Sometimes, they end up adding users to their videos. Sometimes, they show them hacking others. Once, I was watching a video on Youtube and it was about on how to get a membership for free, but the user hacked a member to get free membership. I said something to Fantage, but, they never replied back to me.

That is it for this.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysafeguy333 July 13, 2012

Ruined By Kids

this COULD be a good website but kids find ways to sneak thru the filters. they also find ways to do inappropriate things.

Teen, 13 years old Written bywinter54389 June 16, 2015

Some issues

I've been playing fantage for a couple of years now and surprisingly still play it, but what I've noticed as I've played awhile is the obvious difference between non members and members. Members receive way more prizes and advantages, which isn't really worth the money. Also, you have to be a member to buy almost anything, unless your using gold or ecoins. Besides the money aspect, I've met many nice people on fantage, and enjoy messaging them, although some older aged play fantage, so there is some concern if you have a young child, but it seems theres fewer younger kids anyways(:

Teen, 14 years old Written byTheRachsterRach April 5, 2014

Not very recommended. Horrid time wasting.

This was an ok website, but it turns out, a RIPOFF! At the start, there wasn't any limited events to raise your trendsetter level up, there wasn't any teeny or adulty people, but then it turned out into a catastrophe! I dislike that you have to be a premium member to do everything in fantage. It's unfair! Everything in fantage is a complete ripoff, too much member vs non member stuff that celebrities even bully, and too addicting that spending all your entire life, you're trying to get a high level. It's a very difficult game, because it'll take forever to become a celebrity or have a high level. The Fantage Staff is also very foul. They don't want to respond, won't help hacked people, and they keep them banned, because they just want to blame people. I also was hacked, so hopefully they will hire a new staff, or else I will create a petition to have the staff shut fantage down, or ask them to shut fantage down. It's worthless, a complete ripoff, and I can't wait until it shuts down. Someday.

Kid, 12 years old January 1, 2014

Fantage gets just as boring as Club Penguin when you didn't pay for "Membership/Premium" :(

Fantage does not have a safe system for chatting like Club Penguin, which could result to swear words and inappropriate things happening(be cautious when you let your child play in a virtual world that can have no chat filters). In fact, in the past, when I found Fantage and my sister became addicted to it, I got bored and kept telling her that it seemed like a ripoff of Club Penguin, which I personally say myself(no offense, but I bet everyone will hate me for saying that...)Also, it is desperate for money like Club Penguin, giving more limits to buy items, but lower boundaries have been found to me in Fantage. Not only that, but Premium Members can tease non Premium Members rudely and that kids go crazy about their Fantage "mom" and the fact kids can feel rejected. Also, one of the most famous games in Fantage called Fashion Show most likely will show an outfit that only a Premium Member can put on in the last round, which makes the game impossible to non Premium Members, which would make kids sad, since they really want to be a Premium Member since it seems so amazing to be one.

Kid, 11 years old January 1, 2014

In-Game Purchases are a problem.

This game is flashy, fun, and addicting. However, one of the problems I saw while I was playing is the in-game purchases. Most of the time, people who don't have "Membership" or "E-Coins" are unable to purchase the items they desire. This draws them to getting their parents to buy them the virtual currency, and I am ashamed to say I did that once. On the flip side, your child will most likely like the game. Mostly, this game is for children to play games to earn Stars, use it to design their dream Avatar and their house.

Teen, 13 years old Written bytokidoki May 7, 2011

great for 8-11, 12-14 might find it childish

I honestly don't like the site. The kids are starting to use inappropriate words and it is no fun for non-members. It is turning into a bad website. They should really have strong filtering.
Why not for teens?
The reason I don't think it is for teens is because it is a little bit too childish. The graphics aren't exactly appealing to teens and the way they walk around, I wish they didn't use those boards.
Good things?
There is a good community and there are alot of people helping you out. There are occasional rude kids/teens who decide to call new people "noobs" which can be hurtful.

Teen, 13 years old Written bycasarela April 25, 2011

not really for kids

Well you can get hacked if your a higher level and i am 13 i plan to quit forever at 14 since its ages 8-14 :/

Teen, 15 years old Written byActualAradia January 26, 2015

It's really gone downhill.

I made my first account on Fantage on February 21, 2009. It was really fun back then; cute items, cute avatars, cute pets, cute everything. There weren't E-coins or Gold, just Premium Membership. I liked it better like that. Though there was still a distinction between Premium Members and non-members, you could still get some cute items as a non-member. Premium Members definitely got benefits, but the amount they got was fair, in my opinion. Most importantly, the users were decent kids. I don't recall ever seeing someone want a "whun/one". There were proms, sure, and "PDs" (prom dates), but somehow those don't seem as bad.

And then came E-coins.

E-coins were pointless. Still are, in my opinion. Yes, you get to keep items forever (because for reasons I still can't fathom, once your membership ends, you can't wear your Premium Member items unless you renew your subscription), but you still have to pay for the bloody currency. With real money. And membership didn't go away either, mind you. I just accepted the situation and silently judged everyone from a distance.

Then came Trade 'N' Sell, then Vintage Gold. Trade 'N' Sell was great- us users could FINALLY give our unwanted items to other people! But because of scamming, it had to be closed, and was replaced by Vintage Gold. Everyone hated Vintage Gold. EVERYONE. The prices, mandated by Fantage, were too freaking high (100,000 Stars for one hairstyle? Seriously?), and rare, old items (Beta items!) could now be bought by anyone with enough Stars.

But then MyMall happened, and that probably went past the point of no return.

Because of MyMall, we now have THREE currencies (Stars, E-coins, and Gold). THREE. That's too many. Two would be okay, but three? Why? Premium Members have also been getting more and more benefits during all this, until it's come to the point where you almost have to spend SOME money in order to enjoy your experience with Fantage. Even then, enjoyment is probably a strong word; more like bitter acceptance and deep self-loathing. I've been an off-and-on Premium Member since December 2009, and everyday, I ask myself "Why am I still paying for this?" The kids are appalling, I swear that the fashions get more stripper-iffic by the day, you need Premium Membership and/or Gold (E-coins are slowly becoming more and more redundant) to do anything, and the staff never listens to our complaints. Plus, the higher-ups of Fantage overwork their employees to death.

I stay on the site out of some convoluted sense of duty, but a lot of other people have quit. If you don't already have an account and want to join now, my advice to you is to steer clear, or go with either the Safe Chat or No Chat options. Save yourself the mental trauma in some way, PLEASE.

Kid, 12 years old November 15, 2014

Not That Great

This site has three main issues. The first one is online dating and sexual content. Not only is this site full of it, but it also encourages online dating (otherwise known as getting a "whun). Most of the shirts/pants are a little on the sexual side; they have crop tops and shirts with bra straps showing. Also, you can get a "bestie" or in other words a fake player that follows you around. Note that your bestie has the opposite gender. What's even more sick is that you can customize skin tone and clothing! And don't even get me started on some of the matching clothing you can get your "bff"... Second issue is an obnoxious amount of features is for members (or costs gold or ecoins, which you need to purchase). I'm constantly seeing stuff like "Sorry! That's for premium members only! Want a premium membership? Click here to buy!" Thankfully you can earn free ecoins, tickets to get items, and ecoin gems (gems can be used to get rare items, ecoin gems can be used by all members no matter the rarity as opposed to non members only getting to use sapphires, rubies, and emeralds). Still, it's pretty cheap how they are constantly trying to lure kids to buy, buy, buy. The final issue is the players. They are more annoying than outright innapropriate, but some people on this game want to make me rip my hair out. I see alot of girls who dress like sluts, with crop tops and short shorts. Also, people type awfully (likeeeeeee thisssssssss OWO DESU DESU ANIME). They often advertise for parties (usually "whun" parties aka find your match), tryouts for youtube series, or roleplays like this: "(xyz) AT MAI PLCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC". They overuse phrases such as "OwO" or "OnO". Most of them spell with text speak (stuff like you=u, please=plz/pls, or place=plc) which isn't uncommon but annoying. If you use textspeak alot, in school you will automatically write you as u, your as ur ect. which will slow you down when writing. These behaviours are more annoying than innapropriate, but they are still bad enough to note here in my opinion.

However, it CAN be fun if you can find the right people on it. Plus it has some games like math games or quizzes about science, history, ect. If there's anything good about this game it's the educational value in some games. Although your child will probably want to do the "fun" ones with little or no educational value...

Teen, 13 years old Written bytwingalaxies November 29, 2013

...

Its..not acceptable anymore for uh..Young children. As a -- year old myself, I think I have good grammar due to being educated. The website has grown. :/ The people on there will usually say, "owo" or maybe joke about inappropriate content. I suggest making your child go on lower servers, however, some groups decide to go on lower servers. STAY away from Yellow Yeti/White seal. Thats where some of the innapropriate things are. I suggest putting them on Safe Chat or getting with a friendly group of friends. Monitor your child's inventory, there are a few, "showing" things in there. Don't be too clingy with their account, however. Its a fun website, however I don't think it would be too good for learning if you left them alone. Most people are 12-16. For younger: Monitor a lot. Older: Give them a bit of freedom. My username is pikachu160 :D. Yes, I am not strict, I just like to talk with good grammar, and sorry if I'm a bit sarcastic/mean at times. I just hate wen pppl tlk like tis.

Kid, 11 years old September 30, 2013

Membership and ecoin problems

All of the good items require membership.The ads for buying premium membership are frustrating,why would they ask a 5 year old child to buy premium membership?Because they know that young children have no experience of knowing about people hacking into their parent's credit card and stealing all of their money.I myself have been playing on Fantage since 2011,and have not bought ecoins and membership and still had fun with all of the non-member items,and have earnt ecoins.Overall,Fantage is okay but demands young children to buy ecoins and membership way too often.

Kid, 11 years old October 30, 2010

Super-Fun Website With Some Issues

I have been on Fantage since June of 2009. It is educational, as it offers typing games and math games. It has a mostly postive attitude, though some users will try to find ways to type in bad words or have boyfriends/girlfriends. I only see this very rarely, but kids under 9 should go to less crowded servers, so it minimizes bad content. There is no way that I see that you can hack somebody's account. For parents, there is a e-mail for help or concerns. Very fun and has events often, but includes holiday events as well which may not show a positive outlook on kids with different religion. Overall, it is very fun and safe, but some users have a bad influence.

Educational Value
Teen, 15 years old Written byRustyGirl September 18, 2010

Not at all appropriate

Quite honestly, it's just not safe, and the content of many player's messages is just appalling. I took a look around once and saw a massive amount of inappropriate subjects and messages. I saw many players change words just slightly to get them around the filter, but you could still tell exactly what they were saying. I wouldn't suggest this site to anyone.

Kid, 11 years old December 19, 2009
i love fantage.I play everyday.

Teen, 17 years old Written byPlNK July 1, 2015

Fantage has gone out of control!

I began playing Fantage in 2009 up until 2011 when I decided to take a break and focus on other things in my life. Fantage was very fun during the time I played. Everything was simple. In 2010, I decided to join the bandwagon and explore what it's like to be a premium member so I got myself a game card. I realized that premium members did have advantages in things like wearing awesome clothes, buying a variety of houses and raising numerous pets. And so, I played until my expiration date slowly approached. After that, I stopped playing Fantage for a long time. Now it's 2015 and I got bored one day during my summer break. I randomly remembered playing Fantage and so I decided to go check it out. Surprisingly, Fantage has changed drastically over a lapse of 4 years. The first thing I noticed was the development of MyMall? Then the first thing that came to my mind was "what the hell happened here?!" And when I discovered that there's a new currency; gold, I was so confused because there were ecoins as well. I realized how difficult and complicating everything got because now there's 3 different currencies: stars, ecoins, and gold. I guess Fantage just wants to make tons of money by making people constantly pay real money for these. I also noticed the way other players interacted inappropriately. For example, I saw a girl approach a boy and ask him, "do u hav a whun?" or "can i be ur whun?" First, these players should be able to spell correctly. Second, what the heck is a "whun"? I had a moment where I felt like my parents, not knowing what types of slang words people use in the world today. Literally! I had to ask around and it stood for bf/gf. This kind of language influences other younger players to learn the improper spelling and meaning of words. There are also some players who act sexually with one another. Again for example, I went to a "whun" tryout just to check it out and of course there were crowds of players. I saw a girl who appears to be friend requesting a boy and says to him, "hey youre hot wanna come to my plc?" I don't know about you, but that already looks to be leading to something sexual. Also, some players tend to work their way around swearing in this game. To avoid getting flagged, one says "BILCH" and "DHEQ" and we all know what that means. Young kids shouldn't be exposed to this kind of behavior especially online where they are surrounded by strangers. Honestly, so many things have changed and I wish I played the old Fantage longer as it lasted before this happened. I think this game is becoming a scam. Fantage doesn't appear to be an appropriate game for kids as it surely portrays itself. Instead, the creators of this game are using these kids to consume the money from their parents. With this experience, I definitely would not come back to this game. It's a waste and it sucks! Save your precious money and time on something much more worthy.

Teen, 13 years old Written byshruggs January 1, 2015

I've got some choice words for Fantage.

My friends introduced me to it in about third grade, and I was hooked from then until at least sixth grade. One of the best parts is how the people are. There are so many kids asking to be your friend or hang out, and most of them are polite. The games are time-consuming and fun, and it would be a good place to send your kid to so they won't bother you.
But there's some bad stuff. Definitely. First of all, the gap between premium and nonmembers is huge. When I started, it was terrible. The people that join this site do things like "girlfriends" and "boyfriends", but disguise it as different names, like "whun" or "val", stuff like that. Anyways, since there wasn't many boys there, the girls would constantly swarm them. And even worse, the boys would usually be very rude about it. For example, a girl might say, "Would you be my whun?" and they'd say, "No you're not pretty." They'd only accept the premium members since the premium members had access to more pretty hair and clothes, and were extremely rude to the nonmembers. When I was younger, that was how my thinking became: you have to be pretty and have a lot of stuff to be popular. It's horrible thinking, but if your young child plays it they will grow up thinking like that. That's how I did, but now I know better. I got so fed up with my persecution as being a nonmember that I asked my dad to become premium, and he let me. Then I got a "val", and I remember that it was probably the happiest I'd ever been in my life. I am so, so disappointed that I actually felt like that. All anybody ever wants on Fantage is clothes, and if you don't have them, you're treated like a nobody.
To go into more detail about the gap, premium members have access to everything. They have all the cool clothes, all the pretty hair, all the rare items that you get when you play games, and they always win the games since they have so much stuff. When you're a nonmember, all you can get in the clothing section is t-shirts. Just. T-shirts. And jeans. And a single pair of sandals. No accessories, no pets, no cool boards, no costumes, no rare items that light up and spark when you move around. It honestly sucks, and it only makes the rude people become even more rude. Plus, Fantage leeches money out of you. If I recall, there used to be a shop where you could put your clothes and hair on sale and other people would buy it for ecoins (ecoins are stars you have to buy with money that you can buy anything with, not just nonmember stuff, and you can keep it forever.) This shop was very useful to get more ecoins, and kids wanted the ecoins so they would stop being looked down on. Do you know what happened to that shop? They closed it down.
Lastly, kids there aren't necessarily kids. You have no idea who these people are, and if your child or you gets a "whun" or whatever, and they get private information out of you if you don't know better... well, you know what can happen. Also, kids find out ways to bypass the censorship (yes, there's censoring, luckily, but it doesn't block out the easiest ways.) For example, a kid might be able to say, "What the hell," just by taking off an "l".
Conclusion? This game isn't for your kid if you don't want them growing up with the wrong ideas.

Kid, 10 years old December 28, 2014

From; "A Safe Online World!" To a "A GHETTO Online World!"

Hello Everyone,

This Is My Review To YOU, About So-Called "Fantage"
Now, Yes. I Admit; I Have Been Addicted To Fantage A While Back And Played For 5 Years. This My Friends, Is My Experience.

I Think I Started Back In... 2010/2011 I Can't Remember... My Bigger Sister Found It First And Showed It To Me.. I Was AMAZED! But Surely, I Followed Into My Sister's Footsteps And Signed Up. That Was Probably The BIGGEST Mistake I've Ever Made In My Life So Far.
As I Signed Up And Got In, My Character May Looked A Little 1990ish.. While Others (The Cool Members) Looked Flipping AWESOME! I Wondered Why....

I Decided To Go Into "Michelle's Clothing Store" It Looked Pretty Decent. I Clicked On the Catalog And Saw A Very Cute Outfit That Looked Like "Daphne Blake" I Purchased It But, It Said "Members ONLY" I Either Had To Pay For A Membership Or Buy Ecoins, Which Was Stupid. There Were People In "Downtown" Screaming "WHUN (One Or BF/GF) TRYOUTS AT MY PLCCCCCCCCCCC" I Couldn't Under Stand. I Also Saw People Saying Weird Things (Or Cuss Words) Like "Shell Instead Off H_ll And Others." But That Was Only Intill Now. It's Been Going On Since, Well 5 Years! Fantage Back In 2009 Was Safe And Great For All Ages! But Now, It's Total Chaos! I Didn't Play For 3 Years And Lost My membership (I Finally Purchased It In 2012) On May 4, 2015 I Had The Guts To get Back On.. Still, The Same.. -.- I Was Unimpressed. They Also Had In The Clothing Store " A BF/GF Matching Clothes" I Was Disgusted, Fantage Probably Was Puzzled About The "Online Dating" Things... Fantage, You Really Need To Change....

Thanks For Listening